It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hi ! I've been looking through all the pages on this thread for a couple of days now - you all have such great talent and skill ! It's so interesting to see how the avatars get created, step by step,

Mine is just a simple picture of Alice. Sometimes I think it would be fun to modify it, perhaps having a little video movement, but I don't know how to do it, and I have no real sense of what I want. Or should I consider changing to something completely different? I do love the Alice picture, though... maybe there could be alien spaceships or monsters flying around, with her just standing there. Or maybe the pig she's holding could do something?

If anyone's really bored today, maybe it would be fun to play with it.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This thread may help people with their signatures.

It also is a pretty complete guide to the ATS BBcode.

A Guide to BBCode on ATS

You can actually have up to 3 images in your signature depending on the size.

by using the [ imgl] [ /img] tag this will force your image to the left in your signature and allow you to wrap text around your image

by using the [ imgr] [ /img] tag this will force your image to the right of your signature and allow you to wrap text around your image.

The thread can help you learn the other tricks like color text, re-sizing text, re-sizing images, embedding pictures and video.
edit on 7/16/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

i found this animation already made.

It stops after a few times. Let me see if I can make it non stop.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Yeah, but that's the one with the screaming baby, which isn't really my style. I like the pig better. But thank you very much for looking around for me !

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

i found this animation already made.

That's eyecatching! Great find, IM

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Sorry I posted the wrong picture at first.

It changes from a baby to the pig and back again.

This one now changes in a non stop loop

Here if you want just a color picture of the pig

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

That is pretty clever, but the baby's just not doing it for me. I'll have to give this some thought....

Maybe I should keep the pig as he is and change the background to something really funny but spooky and paranormal.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky

That is pretty clever, but the baby's just not doing it for me. I'll have to give this some thought....

Maybe I should keep the pig as he is and change the background to something really funny but spooky and paranormal.

Something like Sublimecraft's UFO entry?

J

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If someone would like to maybe make an avatar for me, it would be much appreciated. I am horrible at resizing, but open to suggestions

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
If someone would like to maybe make an avatar for me, it would be much appreciated. I am horrible at resizing, but open to suggestions

Peace, NRE.

Any ideas you'd like to work with? The artists here are amazing at taking your "personality" and designing an avatar around it. With that in mind, please share a little bit of what you like and/or are interested in.

J
edit on 7/16/2012 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/16/2012 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

I like that - that sort of background would be good for her. Before making anything definite, I'm going to need to shop around a bit. I'd really like something that's both surrealistic and a bit funny too. I don't want people to think I take myself too seriously. I'm trying to counterpoint my writing style and strong opinions - I actually have a fantastic sense of humor and the stranger things are the better I like it, but I think sometimes I come off all serious and stuffy when really that's not at all what I'm like.

I really like ghosts and time travel... and cats.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

Here's a sample

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by LadyJae

I like that - that sort of background would be good for her. Before making anything definite, I'm going to need to shop around a bit. I'd really like something that's both surrealistic and a bit funny too. I don't want people to think I take myself too seriously. I'm trying to counterpoint my writing style and strong opinions - I actually have a fantastic sense of humor and the stranger things are the better I like it, but I think sometimes I come off all serious and stuffy when really that's not at all what I'm like.

I really like ghosts and time travel... and cats.

lol..I like cats too

Now, with that bit of info the artists should have a better idea of what you'd like.

The thread is quiet now, I think IM is the only one here. I'm certainly no designer, but I have no doubt that new avatars will be springing up soon.

J

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

Here's a sample

I really like that..lol. Very whimsical and keeping with the "Alice" persona.

J
edit on 7/16/2012 by LadyJae because: spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm loving this thread!

Changing my avatars like a kid with new toys!

A big thank you to everyone...lots of creativity and helpful hints to making a successful avatar!

...and it's a bunch of fun!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Time travel cat

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Cute !! I love that !!

Hey- can we have a Dr. Who tardis (the phone booth) behind Alice, and her holding a cat instead of a pig?

By the way, do we just copy and paste these to our toolboxes right from here? I'm kind of a retard when it comes to things like this.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

That is a great image...Alice in the field with alien, and the contrast between the two is great....now you just need a kitty instead of a pig!

Great job IPM and Lady...
one of my favorite's so far......kinda what I was thinking for the red haired lady....but it looks like Alice is going to the "off the wall" place......and your new avi's are beautiful....

edit on 16-7-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You can either use this code (erase the space )

Copy and paste to avatar box in the TOOLS menu
h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/mo5004b429.jpg

or for larger background

Copy and paste this into the background box in the TOOLS menu
/files/img/mo5004b429.jpg

To use it as a background you need to use a blank avatar image

Blank avatar image
h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf02e0667441.gif

You can also download the pic to your computer and then upload it to your account

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Cute !! I love that !!

Hey- can we have a Dr. Who tardis (the phone booth) behind Alice, and her holding a cat instead of a pig?

By the way, do we just copy and paste these to our toolboxes right from here? I'm kind of a retard when it comes to things like this.

fixed size and hair

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join