It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by ottobot

My take on why the internet is the greatest thing humanity has yet to invent (at least, from the perspective of providing an outlet for humans being their most human):

It is outstanding that I can see and hear you play. This has nothing to do with your music, and everything to do with how great it is that you have a stage. You have a station. A place where you can do your thing, and people interested can come by and enjoy it.

I made a blog for some artistic outlet. I am not a good writer, but I like to write as one of many ways to express myself. So I made a blog so I could do it. I don't care about hits, only about having a room that I can stand up and speak in. If others want to wander by and listen, great. If not, fine. I will still be there when the notion strikes me regardless of them.

I hope you find that kind of satisfaction from what you do. You have an artistic bent, and there is no reason to not stand up and TCB in your own room, while others wander by and appreciate (or not) what you are doing.

The other great thing about the internet is that I can talk with others who are in places I would never be able to physically go. The whole world is now my neighbor.

Yep, that's pretty much my stance: I sing and write and create for my own enjoyment - it is a necessity for me. I share it because what is creation if it cannot be shared? Maybe other people will enjoy my creations, maybe they won't. But, at least I created something.

Thanks for taking the time to listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Extraneous and excessive exclamation points added just to make you wonder Why they have been added.
)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by Ferryman

Because I payed you your 2 coins in your intro thread I thought I would film the ride. I guess I need to grab a few more coins for later but here is the footage.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

My Avatar as been removed, it's breaks the T&C of Avatars, Bummer LOL i can think of another word for it..
edit on 16-11-2012 by Ferryman because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2012 by Ferryman because: Addition

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Lovely
Listening now.....

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Thanks! I needed that!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It'll take some work, but we'll get the filesize within the guidelines. It may take a little time, but we'll get there for you

....we just overlooked the filesize requirement, but we'll definitely fix any issues.

I apologize and will work on it right now.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
No worries guys. We can handle this

With what I've seen here, there's no doubt in my mind, we can handle anything.

It's going to be ok, just gives us another level to step our skills up to

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

It'll take some work, but we'll get the filesize within the guidelines. It may take a little time, but we'll get there for you

....we just overlooked the filesize requirement, but we'll definitely fix any issues.

I apologize and will work on it right now.

Thank you Purple for your time Mate.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

LOL.....I have NO idea what the Mod even meant or how you would determine size or pixels? If it fits and works why would it matter? The Purple one seems to think he can work it out and understands what they mean, so I have faith the artists will work it out. My job here is to be a part of the peanut gallery...

I'm one of those type of people that likes an explination when told I can't do something that seems reasonable...I hope the Mods will explain this better then "because it's a rule"....Why is it a rule? LOL...hope I don't get in trouble...but I had to ask......

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Basically, an explanation would be: many people the world over do not have unlimited bandwidth, and many are still on dial up. They limit the sizes of these types of files so as to ensure adequate browsing experience for their members. If there were no limits, it would take eons for a page to load.

I would suspect, actually, that one of our piece of art caused this issue to begin with. I have noticed over the last day or two that there are some pages that just never seemed to finish loading. I would bet they are related, and were an alert for the staff to have a peek at what was happening.

The rules aren't arbitrary, but rather methodical and logic based. Even if they make us feel like our hands are being bound.

Look at it this way: putting hurdles in the way just gives you the challenge of working around them.
Revel in the challenge, don't despair in it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I will pull it into Flash and see if i can compress it any. If i can, i will repost here for you shortly.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks!!! I'm having some challenges with narrowing down the gif. If you can get it, that would be great!!

I'm losing way too much quality and hate to lose as much as I need to

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Agarta has the original stills, so can probably resize/reanimate within the confines of the file limit. Might end up the size of a postage stamp, but it'll be animated.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Yup, what the hairy guy said

Hair, feathers.... we can do this!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
OK, I took it down too far, but it's not horrible.

Pretty choppy and nothing as good as the original though

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just an FYI, I'm extremely stupid

All I had to do is right click and go to "properties" to see the file size, not download the darn things then check them on my hard drive

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
As anybody ever though of using "Photo scape" with these Avatars?. Just saying.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
here's a little more of the fog back in it

Haven't heard of that program Ferryman, I'll have to read up on it

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ohhhhhhh...ok now I understand....Thanks Fury One...wasn't trying to be a brat, but couldn't comprehend "why" this would matter at first...LOL......apparently there are computers and providers out there worse than mine ! Thanks for clearing that up...
Would definately hope that people everywhere would have access to ATS.....and as you said to Ottobot earlier, a big part of the experience is to talk to people in places you may not otherwise have an opportunity to visit.........

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join