It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by Klassified

I've already tried about six different version of the eyes. It's a problem when saving to jpeg that we lose some of the color value sometimes. I think it wouldn't matter if they were left out.

We can also upload png and gif here if that'll help any

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here's the Shadowy Dude again, but this time I adjusted some hue and stuff and gave his upper half a bit of a greenish outline. (Especially the ummm... wingtips, if that's what they are.
) The one on the left with eyes, one on the right without. Otherwise they're the same. Just three layers.

I prefer the one on the right, to be honest.

edit on 11/11/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Yeah, I know.
But as we're not doing ultra fine detail here the jpegs will do.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

I can have a go at it but I'll need maybe an hour or so. It's not such a "clean" image to work with so paring away all that white will take longer. (If any white gets left it won't look good.)

Something I learned from Agarta with Gimp. If you do a high contrast on it to get it all either black or white, then under "select" there's an option that says "grow". After you select the white with the "magic wand", you can grow it a few pixels and it'll take out the edges of white as well.

I should have used that earlier but had forgotten about it until just now

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Thanks for the tip. I must try GIMP some time. Never used it as I've always been happy with photoshop for most stuff, and DAZ 3D Studio Pro v4 for the 3D stuff. But yeah, would be good to have another set of tools in the bag.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
[snip] Hope you guys don't mind if I hang onto these for switching out occasionally. I promise, I won't switch mine daily like Heff.

No problem at all. I don't intend changing my avatar as she's the same one I've had all the time on ATS, so whatever I put in this thread is for members to use.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I hear ya, I have to incorporate the bird in all the avatars I use... can't neglect my lil purple pic

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Oh, absolutely. If you didn't have your little purple bird we wouldn't recognize you!

That's what I like about avatars. I sometimes have trouble recalling names but I can recognize a member by their avatar even if it's been ages since I last saw one of their posts.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by trollslayer

I wish I could re-size this one so you could still read it.

Here's a few I found that you may like:

edit on 11/11/12 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferryman

That's terrific stuff!
I have Bryce as well -- got it as a freedie from DAZ -- but I'm still learning how to use it. I'd like to work with it together with DAZ 3D Pro and also Hexagon, but I might need to upgrade my RAM from its weedy 2GB first. (I can upgrade to 4 GB. Only have a laptop for this and so I'm a bit limited.)

Could you say what sort of computer you use? Like, processor speed and RAM? I'd appreciate it.

Mike

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You should try saving to .png.

Interlaced, if given the choice.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

OMG I love your name AND your avatar!!! So cute

See how funny I am I think I have ATS/ADD... did you just change your avatar and was it the ape in your sig before??

I don't pay attention

edit on 11-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I think the one on the right is better as well. I'm going to have to try the different ones until one of them just sticks with me. It's hard to decide between them. But even the very first one you did was awesome. Thanks for all the work you put into this. I appreciate everyone's input and ideas.

As an amateur photographer, I really should take the time to learn more about Gimp and Photoshop, but usually all I need is ACDSee for cropping, saturation, resizing, white balance, CA, and so on.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Ahhhhh another success story for our little "family" here!

That's why I love this thread soooo much!!

I really like the way we're able to work together and not get hurt feelings when one is chosen over another, the way we can learn from one another and all the great input that is given and taken

This is "Home" for so many of us

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

This activity has made me curious. A request... make me an avatar based totally upon your own perceptions of me! I know how I see myself - but would love to see how others perceive me!

This would either be really cool or enough to put me back on high dose anxiety meds. LOL

Since my search for "drooling idiot" didn't turn up any good pics, I decided to go with the standard fallback:

[image removed by staff]

edit on Thu Nov 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

never would mind. i just like making stuff. its better than reading arguments about politics.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Amen Bro, Amen!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

yeah. i had that photo of a gorilla sitting on my hard drive for awhile, and decided to put a hat and jeans on him.

ill probably change it later. putting in a wood floor in a rent house today, so this evening i will work on another one using another ape (a chimp) i have had about as long (couple of years).

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan and also to the next post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks for the advice on the png. I'll give it a whirl.

And yeah, I don't mind if members use something or not. For me, it's a break from reading poli threads and some of the other madness -- especially these days when I not only have to read 'em, sometimes I have to be a mod in 'em. This thread is a great place to relax and just enjoy some cool art and cool people.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

No worries at all, mate.
Use whatever you wish, or get them redone any way you like -- or get another one if the moods takes you. It's all cool and I'm sure that no-one who makes them is going to be offended.

new topics

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join