It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I like the third one myself

Yeah, the animals in it are pretty cool... who would't like all the warm fuzzies?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Here ML - take a look

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Here ML - take a look

I think I'm in love!!

edit on 9-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
last Indian one, i think:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Great imagery! "power" in the lightening, calmness in the pose!

I actually have an "Indian room" as far as decorations go. My grandmother was a Cherokee. She passed away when my father was just a child though, so I never met her. He was very young and has only "fuzzy memories" and the stories his sisters told him

I make pretty cool dream catchers with the "web" inside them decorated with leather and feathers. We hunt arrow heads in one of our fields that we plow every year for the soul purpose of hunting arrow heads

I got the "visual arts" gene and my sisters got the "vocal arts" gene. I have some cool paintings I've done too ....back in my younger days before my life was engulfed with math and science....
edit on 9-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I'm not a scientist. Not much of an artist. I do "artistic outlet", and i tinker. I have PS CS3, so i have a cool tinker toy.

Most of what you see is Frankenstein of other images, but I alter it to try to portray my own feeling (like change lighting, color balance, etc, etc).

In the girl indian I just found a lightning strike, threw in a lens flare for effect, and then did some blending for that photo of the Comanche beauty (a shout out to the local indian heritage).

You could call it a 'photoshop collage", of sorts.

I don't often just take an image and crop it (although I have done that a couple of times). I like to make it my own by extracting parts i like, mixing it with other stuff, double double boil and bubble (and all that jazz).

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You sell yourself short. You are, indeed, an "artist", just a different medium than what was traditionally considered thanks to the technical revolution

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
O M G ! ! !

There's a new show on Comedy Central and it's reminding me of BEEZZER!!!!

It's called "Brickleberry" and they tried to make the "cutest animal in the world" and mixed a squirrel and a rabbit to get a "squabbit"

it's just WRONG.... on sooooo many levels

www.comedycentral.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'll take a shot at this Indian theme.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Oooooh look at that! Please accept my sincere apologies. I've been kind of offline for two weeks, thanks to wifi cutting right out on me, arggghhh. That seems sorted now though (crossing fingers). I sit back in awe at the genius talent of yours and others. I will now catch up on the thread and post again. As you can currently assess, I am still playing around in Paint at the level of a second grader, still learning to crop and resize and upload. However before I die I will improve this graphics disability of mine.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by Agarta

That was definitely a hard one to work with! Great job Agarta!

Here are the ones I was unsuccessful with. I made the goat head and used the color to alpha option under "Layer", then on the second one, I erased parts of it. They just didn't come out the way I wanted

Wow! I have absolutely no idea what you just said, but some day I will, I promise. I love it too!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thought i would make an unexpected entry in this thread

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Hiya Dave!!! Very cute!! Lazer Puppy!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Here's avatar basics 101. Always happy to help out.

Now this is pure reference gold for me, Templar74.. Is there a way to save a single post in your browser rather than a whole page?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I'm not sure, I guess it would depend on your browser and whether it will let you save the page as a favourite.

If you want the instructions anytime just post a request in here. I have the entire posted file saved in ATS BBcode on my computer and just c&p it over, so its pretty easy to do.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyJae

Originally posted by Ferryman
Hi to all. I have been guided here by "Mountain Laurel" after complimenting her on her Avatar.
I have only just started to paint, and draw in the past year but i used to be quite proficient at it. I have learned how to read again after my stroke which i had in 2008, it took me over 3 years, and i am eager to capture all the attributes i had before.
I don't use Photo shop because i can't get my head round it but i do use Bryce, Wings, Photoscape, Gimp (In a fashion),
and Imageforge.
I can show a few of my Models, and scenes in Bryce.
There are some excellent works here.
Tony.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Ferryman because: Addition

edit on 9-11-2012 by Ferryman because: Addition

Hello, Ferryman, welcome to the friendliest thread on ATS

Congratulations on your victory over that stroke! You show your strength with that.

There are some wonderful artists at work here. You will find yourself in great company.

Jae

Thank you Lady jae i thought i was being ignored LOL.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferryman

My apologies there mate - I did read your post and intended to reply with a Chris De-Berg Quip but got called away and it skipped my mind.

Please post some of your stuff - its all good around here, this is the extent of my photo-shop skills..........

hehe

My eight year old daughter is literally more adept then me when it comes to image manipulation!!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I like this one a lot:

edit on 9-11-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Ahhh...........first in - best dressed!

Composition, detail, expression - just stunning

Cheers big guy

ETA: Here's Jonny..........

edit on 10-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh Wow, just catching up on the last few pages, it's been busy in the " Avatar Tool Shop "....I don't know how I'll possibly decide between the stunning Indian Images you guys created....I think I'll need to sleep on this one...

The Tree images you guys did for Tenth are also incrediable.....really beautiful...

Sending lot's of Love and Prayers to Opinionated and her family, and also to Neno.....I sure hope he's not sick cause I know he hates doctors...

It's so great to be joined by some new friends and artists, and the Mod participation has been really cool..it really is quite amazing how fond I have become of you all...lol...honestly I'm getting a bit "misty" thinking about how special you all are.......Thank-You again for the beautiful Indian Images.....I really Love them all.......

new topics

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join