It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

nice work there!

I think my favorite so far has been animation of simple pictures (like my alien abducted chiten
)
This really has been a great learning experience

Agarta has given me several little "lessons" too and they have been AWESOME!

Each and every person here gives something to the "team" and it's really amazing how we work together. I absolutely, positively LOVE IT!

The way several of us came together to get that last avatar was really KEWL! We put up ideas, adjusted, built on each other and turned out exactly what was wanted. That's some awesome teamwork!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by incandecenttruth
reply to post by PurpleChiten

hey purple i thought id take you up on your offer. i dont really no where to start so im gna let you run wild with this on id like somthing alien based with '' I believe'' incorporated if thats ok bar that mate its down to your skills

challenge set...

I'm headed to work this morning, but, we're all a big team here, soooo....

We have a new challenge guys/gals!! On your mark, get set.... GO!

This should be a great one!

anybody remember the page numbers for the big alien based theme? There may be some back there that would be awesome as well

*If nobody comes up with it during the day, I'll link to it or reply to for bumping purposes this evening

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

thanks guys

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by incandecenttruth

Here's what I came up with real quick:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

thats pretty cool but was thinking more alien/humanoid looking up at the stars kinda thing

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Gentle Reminder~~~~

Please be aware of Copyright Issues when posting images...including those in your Signatures:

15c.) Intellectual Property: You will not Post any copyrighted material owned by others, material belonging to another person, material previously Posted by you on another website, or link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution*, as defined by TAN, to its original source. You will not Post any material that infringes, misappropriates, or violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of TAN or any third party. You will not use your Postings on the Websites to promote your own personal website or any other website with which you may be associated without first receiving permission from TAN.
* Proper Attribution for the posting of copyrighted material owned by others is defined as posting a relevant snippet of the online content not to exceed 10% of the entire piece, a properly formed link back to the source website, and a clear indication of the name of the source website. The posting to these websites of any copyrighted material owned by others that is not found elsewhere online is prohibited.Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Some of these may be suitable.......

If you like any of them then let us know and we'll add the text you want accordingly.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Here's a few more I came up with:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hi to all. I have been guided here by "Mountain Laurel" after complimenting her on her Avatar.
I have only just started to paint, and draw in the past year but i used to be quite proficient at it. I have learned how to read again after my stroke which i had in 2008, it took me over 3 years, and i am eager to capture all the attributes i had before.
I don't use Photo shop because i can't get my head round it but i do use Bryce, Wings, Photoscape, Gimp (In a fashion),
and Imageforge.
I can show a few of my Models, and scenes in Bryce.
There are some excellent works here.
Tony.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Ferryman because: Addition

edit on 9-11-2012 by Ferryman because: Addition

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Hi DTOM and ALL THE REGULARS

Taking a leaf out of Shellies book I got all nostalgic and went back to the start of this thread and had a good ol laugh etc. In venturing further into the thread I noted a vast number of ready-to-go avatars.

Being spread out all over the place within the near-140 pages I was thinking about a means of consolidating them into the one place - easily accessible to new comers and able to be updated by the regular contributors here.

I saw that you have added a few links to Shellies OP well after the initial date and was wondering if you were able to do the same for something like this.

Although there would be a bit of effort on behalf of the regular contributors to gather all of their respective avatars for this "file", I think it may prove beneficial to a lot of peeps who come looking for something.

Especially in light of Agartas next comp which really shifts this thread to the next level - we are actively encouraging members to come here and a file like this would be a good place for them to start.

For me, my signature link would be best utilized if it went straight to this file then another "click here" button within the file to send the member to the latest page in this thread to request an avatar if they don't find one there.

Hell - we could even set up within that file a few things that we find ourselves regularly repeating like how to get the background image up using the transparent gif, sizes of avatars etc and a little run-down on what to cover about yourself when requesting an avatar so we can focus our efforts rather than shoot from the hip as we sometimes do.

Anyway, food for thought. I enjoy doing this very much and I know the others do to, so in saying that its the natural progression to take if we really want to hone this thread and make it a real "Tool Shop" per se' .

What say you?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Create a photobucket account, or have one user host the data on their own ATS upload space. submit all things to that user to add to the library.

See if the moderator of this forum will then allow an edit to the OP to direct people to this space.

Conversely, the space could be done on a wordpress blog, but no need to drive traffic away from ATS if we can avoid it.

The downside is that one member would have control of the library. It would be better if the site hosted it and maintained access parallel to whoever manages it.

Just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Firstly - that Gorilla in the suit is fantastic - my favourite out of all of the ones you posted - they are all really good.

That sounds like a great idea - especially if it can be kept in-house via TDOM / KingLizard and Shellie (The purple bird) to control.

The library file is something I've been thinking about for a while now and did consolidate all of mine a few months ago back on page 70-something but I'm just a "find-and-resize" amateur compared to Agarta, Big Liz and the likes of yourself so having everyones together would really appeal to new-comers I think.

Cheers for the input mate - its really appreciated.

Now, on a side note, 3 days ago I actually went into your blog - great by the way - and entered my email address but the site chucked a wobbly and wouldn't accept it or said it was out-dated or something???

ETA: Disregard - just tried it again and see that it looks different and just received a pop-up notice of confirmation email being sent from you - I'm on satellite uplink for 4 weeks every eight - perhaps it was at my end not yours

ETA2; I'm all ears...............

edit on 9-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What say you?

I'll throw out an idea. It may not be a good one, but that's seldom stopped me in the past.

Someone could dedicate the "ATS Wall: comments" section of their profile to finalized, submitted backgrounds and avatars available for use to anyone. The first post could be an introduction with Av guidelines and how-to's as well as the process for submitting. That way, the main thread could be used for user requests and general chit/chat, while the wall comments section could be maintained for finished Avs only.

Of course, someone would need to volunteer to maintain their comments section and I'm sure there are other some holes in the plan somewhere, but this could eliminate the need for extra Mod work.

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hey BFFT. I didn't realize you did Z's avatar upgrade. That was a good one

Place 'aint quite the same without him.

Sorry i was so late to the party!

Better late than never

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I added some blinky stars to this one:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Sounds like a great idea!!

I would take myself out of the running for being "in control' though.... I ...umm.... get in "trouble" sometimes

I may have a wild streak at some point and end up getting myself banned (I hope not, and will try not to, but ya never know) and would hate to have the collection compromised because I get tossed out or somethin....

We do need to find some sort of "repository" for all the creations so folks can claim the unused avy's. I'm not sure how we'd go about it, but maybe a thread that only the "artists" can post to but anybody can read or some kind of file that everyone can access or something... I'll let the "powers that be" figure that part out

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hi Kids!

So..I hear people make avatars round these parts?!

Who wants brownie points with a mod?

I give no instructions, I only ask there be a tree involved.

Go.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I just did a reply to this post because it was a nice collection of some "space type" avatars. I'm also going to do a reply to the UFO competition summation post so we'll have those handy as well for those who are recently looking for space related avatars

I miss our buddy Marty

We gotta drag him back in here!!

Originally posted by Im a Marty
Non competition entries.... free for anyone to use.

edit on 12/7/18 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here's the summation post from the "UFO" competition

Sublime also had a lot of additional contributions during that contest (that he's taken down for some reason, probably just house-cleaning stuff) that I remember being really cool. ...He did a whole post on the premise of "I want to believe" (I think it was Sublime) and there were some cool humoid-type things in it.

Still got those buddy?

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Here are the rankings for those interested!

Im a Marty
12 votes- 1st Place!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im a Marty
10 votes – 2nd place!

Ottobot
8 votes – 3rd place!

Agarta
7 votes – 4th place! (tie)

Im a Marty

Sublimecraft
6 votes

Sublimecraft
6 votes

Agarta
6 votes

Sublimecraft
5 votes

Im a Marty
12 votes- 1st Place!

Im a Marty
10 votes – 2nd place!

Ottobot
8 votes – 3rd place!

Agarta

Im a Marty

Sublimecraft
6 votes

Sublimecraft
6 votes

Agarta
6 votes

Sublimecraft
5 votes

Ipsiss
4 votes

edit on 9-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here's the "Ancient Civilization" summation post

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
AAACCCCKKK!!! I shirked my duties!!!

I didn't tell somebody else to tabulate so it's my fault. Sorry.

So....

Ancient Civilizations

the winner is......

MISIOR

Awesome entries this week!

2nd place

Sublimecraft

Agarta

Ottobot

Im a Marty

PurpleChiten

Great Job everybody and thanks so much for the entries!!!

Misior, as the weekly winner, you are free to pick the next topic!
Let me know in the next day or so and I'll post the official thingy on Wednesday
....or you can post it either one

If I don't hear from you, I'll pick something or take suggestions

We'll be having another point-competition as we get closer to Labor Day (last week of August/first week of September time frame). Until then, just weekly competitions for "bragging rights"!

CONGRATULATIONS MISIOR!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Hi Kids!

So..I hear people make avatars round these parts?!

Who wants brownie points with a mod?

I give no instructions, I only ask there be a tree involved.

Go.

~Tenth

DEFINITELY on it for one of my TOP 3 FAVORITE MODS!!!

(you're in league with DTOM and Heff
) ....like several others as well, especially our buddy Kinglizard, but that's my top 3 "Friends/Mods"

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join