It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Heff made my latest avatar. I won't be making any bets for another for years.

Sigh.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Heff made my latest avatar. I won't be making any bets for another for years.

Sigh.

LOL.....Heff made your Wolf into a poodle, because of a bet? I guess I'm missing something, Beezer just lost his avatar in a bet too? I actually like Heff, he's funny and has shown me some personal kindness...but this is just WRONG ! Although it is a very cute poodle, doesn't quite fit my image of you Druid42.......you'll always be wolfish to me......

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

OK... So its 3am... again.... Awake now after being projectile vomited upon....

Naturally can't sleep, so I thought I'd play around with a few sig files.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Temp, Agarta.......what have you done to me......I have signature OCD!!!

I'm going with the acronym theme here.......

A vatar
T ool
S hop

This one is my favourite - the transparent background makes it pop I reckon.

Found the coolest website for tech-virgins like myself perfect for this comp, soooo many combo's........

www.flamingtext.com...
edit on 8-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: I added the link.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

AND ALL

Awesome work mate!! You and Templar are off to a running start, great job!!!

I wanted to let everyone know I will be setting an image size max. I tested the max size that still allows for a person "wearing" the sig banner to have a personal line as well. I also figured out the max length to be 550px.

The size restrictions will be 500X55.

Why the drop from 550 to 500? well I don't want to require anyone to put a click here sign on their entries so I found a nice one that will be added to the end as to not interfere with their logo design and it is 45X45. So to allow for this so people know to click the pic the max signature image will be 500px wide. Also Remember the main logo for the thread and postings does not have to remain the size of a signature but I do recommend no bigger than 600X600.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Yeah I made Beezzers temporary one too. They both lost the bet.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That avatar suits you well Heff - The midget is by far my favourite character.

Hey - you should get in on this signature competition mate - we need all the exposure we can get and you obviously have the tech-talent.

Wadda ya reckon?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

AND ALL

The size restrictions will be 500X55.

Why the drop from 550 to 500? well I don't want to require anyone to put a click here sign on their entries so I found a nice one that will be added to the end as to not interfere with their logo design and it is 45X45. So to allow for this so people know to click the pic the max signature image will be 500px wide. Also Remember the main logo for the thread and postings does not have to remain the size of a signature but I do recommend no bigger than 600X600.

Perfect - and that makes sense too, I came to the same conclusions that 550 x 50(55) is ideal for the signatures, so cutting the length to 500 to allow for your click-link is genius mate.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us........and when the comp is finished I'll be wearing the winners choice with pride............let the games begin!!!

Mwahahah..........
edit on 8-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I'll see if I've got the knack for signatures... I did one, once and it was awful.

But now my OCPD is kicking in - and I'm firing up GIMP.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I'll see if I've got the knack for signatures... I did one, once and it was awful.

But now my OCPD is kicking in - and I'm firing up GIMP.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So... embedding links into the graphic... something that gets done in the program or in the shortcut later on???

Ssssssoooooo confused!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

A linked imaged code would look something like this(all made up, just an example) [ url=http//:www.heffssite.cam][atsimg]99999999.jpg[/atsimg][/url]

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Thank you!!! I was sitting here slamming my way through GIMP tutorials and feeling like I was back in high school Calculus class.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Thats the easiest way. There are actually ways of embedding links into images and you can do multiple links in a single image. Yes this type can be done on GIMP but it is a bitmap file(not allowed on ATS)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So... embedding links into the graphic... something that gets done in the program or in the shortcut later on???

Ssssssoooooo confused!

Answer to your query is here

edit on 8-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: provided link instead

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I tend to agree, although I was half asleep playing this morning with the sig files, anything over 400-500 px wide just gets too stretched and is generally unreadable. We're doing this for exposure to the thread, so you want something people are going to both see and get intrigued about, hence why I did the "walkthrough" in the first place.

Love the new av. Half-Man is my favourite character in GOT, can't wait for season 3 next year.
I got a little giggle at Beez and Druid's new monikers last night, but just for curiosity's sake what bet did they lose? I know it was a political thread, but what was the actual bet?

Anyway, I'm a bit like you guys, I'm struggling figuring out this graphics and links thing in the sig file. I C&P'd Sub's work from before with my original design and it worked, but when I try the entire url like last time it just comes up with an x. All of the images are hosted in ATS uploads, so what am I doing wrong?

If someone wants to have a play with different text styles and graphics here are two I came across last night;
CoolText
Graffiti Creator

ETA: GOT IT!
Cheers for the algebra lesson Sub.

edit on 8-11-2012 by 74Templar because: figured out link

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

The bet was simple. If Romney one I'd have to wear an avatar of their choosing for a week ( one week each ) if Obama won then the reverse.

By the number of people who bet I'd say Beez and Druid should be back to their normal avatars just in time for the next Presidential election.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
Temp, Agarta.......what have you done to me......I have signature OCD!!!

I'm going with the acronym theme here.......

A vatar
T ool
S hop

This one is my favourite - the transparent background makes it pop I reckon.

Found the coolest website for tech-virgins like myself perfect for this comp, soooo many combo's........

www.flamingtext.com...
edit on 8-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: I added the link.

That's a GREAT IDEA!!! ATS/Avatar Tool Shop... I LOVE IT!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

reply to post by MountainLaurel

Yeah I made Beezzers temporary one too. They both lost the bet.

HEFF!!! Bout time you showed up to play with us!!!

Join right in, you'll LOVE it here! It's an awesome bunch and an awesome family!

We expect to see you here more often!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Agarta

Thank you!!! I was sitting here slamming my way through GIMP tutorials and feeling like I was back in high school Calculus class.

....now I can help ya with that!

new topics

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join