It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Here are some I put together:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
wanted to bump up the good instructions we had for the long photos (mini backgrounds)

Originally posted by FortAnthem

To get your pic up, find the green PROFILE BACKGROUND under the image.

Click on that and it will take you right to your profile page with the image already loaded up for you. All you have to do is hit SUBMIT and it should be set.

Good luck.

ETA: you might need a transparent image in your avatar space for the full length image to show through. Here's one:

Copy that to your files and load it up as your avatar just like the background image.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Absolutely stunning!

J

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

I agree and this just makes my choice even more difficult! I am torn in so many different directions now, think I need to print out my favourites and play some sort of paper scissors rock game or I will never be able to make a choice!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Ok, just playing around at this stage, will get it right somehow someday!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Hi Wiser3

If you go to the witty purple birds (I call him Shellie as in Sheldon Cooper from Big bang theory because he is actually a brainiac as well) last post on this page (125) he has bumped some instructions on how to get that picture to show up in its entirety.

Give it a try and see how you go

ETA: OR go to 74Templar's post below here for screenshot instructions to achieve same.

edit on 1-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: added 74templar's instructions into the mix

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

OK, what you've done is set it as an avatar, if you want the full image set it as a profile background. Here's how:

Firstly, if you haven't already, save the image to your computer, and go to TOOLS+ at the top of the screen. When it loads directly under it should be "ATS uploads." Upload the image first.

Copy and paste this link into your avatar secondly under the avatars box, here

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/pu4ffdf498.gif

Be sure to remove the space between the ‘h’ and the ‘t’ before using it. It is an invisible gif.
Once it is in place hit submit.

Then click on your newly uploaded avatar, it should come up with a screen like this;

Click on the link the arrow is pointing to that say 'use as profile background.'
It should come up with a screen that looks like this;

Just click submit and you should have a full sized image with an invisible image in front that fills out the space perfectly.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Lol, you believe I do this so often I have the instructions saved into Word, in ATS bbcode on my computer?

Cheers Sub.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Now thats a bloody good idea - have just done the same by pinching yours from that post.

Saves me going back through the pages every time.

Cheers mate

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Thank you to all! I don't have much time on my hands today it being month-end etc but I couldn't wait to try and see if I could get it right! Just popped in now to see whatsa happening! I will hopefully by the end of the weekend have chosen the image I want to use and sorted it all properly!
edit on 1/11/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

Okay, so now I sort of know how to do it, age is not on my side haha, I'LL BE BACK!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Looks pretty good to me, although I'd change your font colour to match, maybe a blue or a purple to match the pic.

When you go into TOOLS+ there is a bit that can change the colour of your font in your avatar, like this;

All you need to do is move the cursor around until you get the colour you need and hit submit.

ETA: As far as the avatars go, you don't need to settle on one. Many people here, myself included, change their avatars frequently, so don't just settle for one design. Put em all aside and change em up whenever the current one starts to get stale...

edit on 1-11-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Thank you! I'm a bit technologically challenged but I'm a fighter! My biggest problem now is chosing which image I want to use, I have saved them all but at this stage I get this feeing I may want to change it daily because they are all so excellent! Thank you for all your help!

I will definitely change the font colour, am just busy giving myself a pat on the back for getting this far after three years!

Okay, back to the grindstone for me now, until I can sneak another couple of minutes!

Have a great day!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Hey Agartha, so I have come to a conclusion as to what background I want after playing around with them a bit in photoshop. I would just make the .gif myself but I am nowhere proficient enough to do that.

So first off, I would totally like this one if you could get the .gif lined up perfectly with the planet, since I noticed that they were exactly the same size:

However, if that cant be lined up or you think it wouldn't look very good this one would also work:

Anyways, thanks so much for doing this, and if for any reason you don't feel like doing this anymore, I totally wouldn't mind as I realize I am being a bit difficult.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hey Agartha, so I was thinking about that background some more and I was wondering: Do you think that it would look weird with the first background since the planet is mostly dark? I really couldn't tell when playing around with them on photoshop because I couldn't get the .gif to animate.

So I guess I am kinda saying use which ever of the two you think would look better. Sorry for being so picky, I just realize this will permanent and I am going to be using this site for along while so I want it to be perfect.

Anyways, thanks again.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

I just aligned the star gate to the first pic of the black planet picture. With the purple clouds around the stargate and the inside being all black except for the slight purple lighting at the bottom of the planet it doesn't look like it belongs. If the planet was smaller or the stargate larger it would make sense but as it is it does not because you can't tell its a planet behind the stargate.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Awesome Avatar you've got there mate - thats next-level stuff.

Love the colours and the theme is fantastic.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Took a sick day. Walking pneumonia and an ear infection

...now heap sympathy on me please

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I got this:

World's smallest violin playing just for you.

If you stick your head close enough to the screen, you can hear the world's saddest song being played.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Made me think of this;

Although I was thinking the same thing....

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Ahh.........love ya like a brother, and in keeping with family tradition...........

Hope you get well soon Shellie

new topics

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join