It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by think1mreal
Hey how's this avatar thing work.ol looking. for somthing nautical or having to do with water. I love the sea

Sublime is definitely your connection to anything nautical! I'll leave it to him, he's very good

I wasn't thinking clearly last night. Sublime is great at nautical! Of course several others are too!!

I didn't mean to slight anyone else, Templar is awesome too! As are all the artists here!

Sorry guys, I never mean to slight anyone, I just mentioned Sublime due to his nautical nature, but know many others have nautical natures too, I just spoke with him about it a lot and his name sticks in my head when I think of the ocean.

Please forgive me....I'm old....and senile....and crazy ....

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

edit on 26-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: double post. I'm click-happy this morning

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Don't worry, I thought the same too, but you have to admit, the man spends far more time at sea than most of us, so he does kinda have the inside track. Hell, I live almost 50kms inland...

I just figured while all you guys in the US were getting your beauty sleep, I'd have a play around with some ideas to get the ball rolling. My limit is finding and cropping images to suit, modifying them is still a learning curve for me, although one I'm working on.

On a side and a little OT, has anyone seen or heard from OpinionatedB and Kangareux4ewe lately? Neither have had the ban hammer, but I haven't seen thm online for ages.
Seems like part of our family is missing

edit on 26-10-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Don't worry, I thought the same too, but you have to admit, the man spends far more time at sea than most of us, so he does kinda have the inside track. Hell, I live almost 50kms inland...

I just figured while all you guys in the US were getting your beauty sleep, I'd have a play around with some ideas to get the ball rolling. My limit is finding and cropping images to suit, modifying them is still a learning curve for me, although one I'm working on.

On a side and a little OT, has anyone seen or heard from OpinionatedB and Kangareux4ewe lately? Neither have had the ban hammer, but I haven't seen thm online for ages.
Seems like part of our family is missing

I knew you'd know where I was coming from with it

no, I haven't heard from them for a while. I don't get to come in as much as I did over the summer, maybe they have a lot of things going on in their lives or something. It would definitely be great to "see them" !
I'll do some searching this weekend and see if I can locate them, as we all should! We need to keep our family together!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Had to search for this, I knew I posted it a few dozen pages back:

Originally posted by FortAnthem

To get your pic up, find the green PROFILE BACKGROUND under the image.

Click on that and it will take you right to your profile page with the image already loaded up for you. All you have to do is hit SUBMIT and it should be set.

Good luck.

ETA: you might need a transparent image in your avatar space for the full length image to show through. Here's one:

Copy that to your files and load it up as your avatar just like the background image.

Hope to see your new avatar up and running soon.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Thank you very much Temp, I will mess with it tonight!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I do believe that this is the coolest avatar Ive had.. ever. I showed it to the other mod on my board.. also a arachnid creep like me... and he was pretty impressed. Such a clever idea with the eyes..

Thank you!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If this is the place to ask for an avatar. I would really apprieate it if someone could make me one.

Simple easy, If any knows the anima/manga Bleach. I would like one of a hollow.
Ulquiorra Cifer is my favorite one, or Coyote Starrk...

If anyone could make one with either of these guys in their finale state, with just the words Vasto Lorde somewhere would be awesome.

and thank you very much.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrancar

A few for a start;

Ulquiorra Cifer

Coyote Starrk

The second one was harder to find a decent pic for as most of them had him pointing weapons at the screen, an ATS no-no.
Hope this gets the ideas going anyways.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

thanks man those are pretty awesome. I think i like the 2nd one of Starkk the best.. I will use that one...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by think1mreal

Here are a few more choices.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Looks good.

If you want to use it as a full size background image follow the instructions here. Use the invisible gif as an avatar and use the pic as a profile background. It gives you the full pic then.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by think1mreal

Here are a few more choices.

I reckon Sub's going to be drooling all over the page when he sees these...

Awesome work as usual, especially the top one.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Hey how's this avatar thing work.ol looking. for somthing nautical or having to do with water. I love the sea

Aarrgh me heartie!! T'be a fine T'eme ye be tinkin of here................................

But, first I be's tellin ye a Tale - true, swear to me mudder I do..........

What be a horny pirate's worst nightmare?

A sunken chest with no booty!......................Aargh - dis be true I tells ya!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Thanks all for the help. I enjoyed all of them .but I found one that has made me feel as though it is part of experience in life. I would have to say that the one with the lone sailboat in the sea with the wave has really interested me. Some times I feel that I'm adrift in a vast ocean with overwhelming obstacle but I'm not scared I will keep going keep exploring until I can go no more. Thank you ! This picture really makes me think and want to learn more about what's ahead. Shiver me timbers!

]reply to post by Sublimecraft

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Thanks all for the help. I enjoyed all of them .but I found one that has made me feel as though it is part of experience in life. I would have to say that the one with the lone sailboat in the sea with the wave has really interested me. Some times I feel that I'm adrift in a vast ocean with overwhelming obstacle but I'm not scared I will keep going keep exploring until I can go no more. Thank you ! This picture really makes me think and want to learn more about what's ahead. Shiver me timbers!

]reply to post by Sublimecraft

Lets clean that up a bit for you - you will notice that you have both a background with the avatar over the top. What we can do is make that avatar disappear so you just have the background larger pic showing. Do this......

Put the following into you avatar in "tools".

NB: Be sure to remove the space between the ‘h’ and the ‘t’ before using it so it reads http and not h ttp. It is an invisible gif.

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/pu4ffdf498.gif

Once it is in place hit submit.

Refresh any page you have posted on and you will see it in all its glory

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Hey guys. I pasted an image into paint and painted on it. How do i re-save the new image in itself w/o the huge white piece of virtual paper around it?

hahahaahah my present avatar is funny
That's part of a hand holding up the peace sign....
edit on 27-10-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

I'm not sure this is what you mean, but it sounds like you need to crop the image and/or resize it to fit.

If you want to post the entire image here I can have a play with it....

Although having said that, in its current guise it does conjure up some interesting images....

ETA: never mind, I got the image. Going off to whip it into shape now.

edit on 27-10-2012 by 74Templar because: eta

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
Hey guys. I pasted an image into paint and painted on it. How do i re-save the new image in itself w/o the huge white piece of virtual paper around it?

hahahaahah my present avatar is funny
That's part of a hand holding up the peace sign....
edit on 27-10-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

here's a resize

A transparent

and an animated

new topics

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join