It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Congratulations on your fine family. May all of you sail through their teen years

Thanks for the info. I'll try it first thing after my morning coffee tomorrow. (At the moment I'm pretty wiped out after a tiring outing. )

edit on 24-10-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I'm afraid I'm not having much success with it

It's beyond my skill level

Maybe one of the more talented folks can work it up for ya. Sorry

Not to worry, Chiten. Thanks for trying. Much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SproutKY

I found a couple more good ones if you ever want to change it up.

Super close up of broccoli.____Sleeping goddess. Train Tunnel.

Original pic:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Got a few more, free to a good home.

American sky-------------cool cloud formation----------------LOLcat

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Here is what I came up with. as you notice the eagles eye is so small it is hard to tell what it is. I lined the goat shape up with the contours of the land mass and tried to make it look like a topographical map. I didn't know what type of necklace you wanted so I used a ribbon with a sun cycle pattern. Let us know if you would like it altered.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

That was definitely a hard one to work with! Great job Agarta!

Here are the ones I was unsuccessful with. I made the goat head and used the color to alpha option under "Layer", then on the second one, I erased parts of it. They just didn't come out the way I wanted

edit on 25-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Great Job guys.....this was a tricky request...so far he seems to be sticking with his first image, which might be a good instinct, the image was already interesting...perhaps the background might be a fun place to play with since the main image is basically white? I don't know?....Just a thought.....

Sooo, I know as usual I'm "off -topic" but I would like to ask your guys opinions and/or ideas about a project I have coming up. I am going to be decorating a Christmas tree for a charity event that will occur right after Thanksgiving.....I made $4000 last year for our charity, and I have a sponser again this year.

The tree will be 6' tall, artifical...ugh I know, but these are auctioned off to buisness's and wealthy people at a very "fancy" event...lol...I was sooo under dressed last year....the little black dress didn't quite cut it, but not my style to wear gowns...
anyways...the theme this year is "Bubbles and Baubles".....and I have two very different ideas, and would love some feedback, or new ideas.....

My first thought is to go all white with lots of clear bulbs and and diamond looking rinestone ornaments, with a great ribbon to fill in......I have a floral design background, so I know I could pull off a beautiful, impressive tree going that route...but may be too simple and unpredictable...although sometimes simple is beautiful?

My other thought is to go VERY colorful, use old vintage jewerly clip on earrings, which I have alot of all ready, and know you can pick this stuff up pretty affordably...I would still use white lights, and glass balls, and a more colorful ribbon...I saw some beautiful stuff at the fabric store the other day when looking for inspiration.....very colorful and sparkly.

For the "star" on either tree I imagine making it out of clears balls and actually inserting lights within the bulbs, and finishing it off with what ever ribbon is used, lol, will also hide the glue gun marks and "flaws....:

Any Ideas or thoughts?....

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I like the simplistic idea

...or bubble gum and candy jewlery, that would be cool too

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Thank-You Purple One....I know the more simple white tree would be popular, less risky....I love the twist on bubble gum and candy jewerly....that might be a fun way to to decorate under the tree....hmmm?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hey how's this avatar thing work.ol looking. for somthing nautical or having to do with water. I love the sea

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My avatar could use a make over? Nothing special or too fancy... I love purple too btw, it's my fav!! If you're too busy I understand. But if you're not....That would be sweet too

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by think1mreal
Hey how's this avatar thing work.ol looking. for somthing nautical or having to do with water. I love the sea

Sublime is definitely your connection to anything nautical! I'll leave it to him, he's very good

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
My avatar could use a make over? Nothing special or too fancy... I love purple too btw, it's my fav!! If you're too busy I understand. But if you're not....That would be sweet too

What might you have in mind? Something retaining your present avatar or something similar? Or perhaps something new and different?

We have some great folks here and if you can describe it, chances are, they can definitely come up with something for you

If you don't have anything particular in mind, just give some details about what you like and I'm sure they can surprise and satisfy your desires

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

I remember helping you with getting that avatar to the right size when you were new. Ready for something new huh?

Here's what I found with a quick search.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Those are nice!!! My favorite is the lower right

This is what the name made me think of, but yours are really cool!!

used as a background image and a transparent image as the avatar. Same with FortAnthems (I really like that lower right one!
)
.......begin transparent

....end transparent

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

YES YOU did help me Fort!! Thank you.

Yes i like the bottom right the best also, its colorful. I also like the actual Midnightsunshine you posted Chit, very me, purple and everything..... thanks

How do i do it, i mean, make it transparent?
edit on 25-10-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by think1mreal

What kind of nautical style are you looking for? Like nature, or ships and man made, or even crypto style (like mermaids and fantasy stuff)?

I'll have a squizz online for some random stuff shortly.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by SproutKY

I found a couple more good ones if you ever want to change it up.

Super close up of broccoli.____Sleeping goddess. Train Tunnel.

These images are all soo beautiful, and perhaps would be cool backgrounds for AboutFace's original avatar, possibly transition from the outer blue portions of the main image into a tourqoise, then to blue.......would be a bummer to cover up goddness or tunnel, but those are beautiful backgrounds, and seem fitting for Greenland, maybe?

Original pic:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by think1mreal

Here's a few to get started.

Basically oceanic photos resized to fit.

More arty styles and heading towards undersea fantasy styles;

edit on 26-10-2012 by 74Templar because: added extra avatars

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Here's avatar basics 101. Always happy to help out.

Firstly, if you haven't already, save the image to your computer, and go to TOOLS+ at the top of the screen. When it loads directly under it should be "ATS uploads." Upload the image first.

Copy and paste this link into your avatar secondly under the avatars box, here

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/pu4ffdf498.gif

Be sure to remove the space between the ‘h’ and the ‘t’ before using it. It is an invisible gif.
Once it is in place hit submit.

Then click on your newly uploaded avatar, it should come up with a screen like this;

Click on the link the arrow is pointing to that say 'use as profile background.'
It should come up with a screen that looks like this;

Just click submit and you should have a full sized image with an invisible image in front that fills out the space perfectly.

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join