It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Ancient Civilization Entry

I'll try to get in more of a "serious" mode before my third and final one

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Had to make my avatar match the theme!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

AWESOME!!! You're using the winning avatar!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Just exploring a little....

edit on 23-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Not a political statement, just a funny one

..... I'm a democrat so I'm allowed

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I didn't see any I liked better than the one I have now though.

I guess I will keep this one.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67

sorry we weren't able to find something you liked. Maybe after some time passes and you want something different, please come back and describe what you're looking for and we can try again. Don't forget to check back in, it was a "slow weekend" so the other guys may come up with something you think is completely awesome as they trickle back in

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kai22
Hey all, loving all the ideas being thrown around! Certainly one of the most productive threads I've seen in my time here.

I was wondering if anyone could add some animation to my avatar please? I've been toying with a few ideas -

1) The writing sort of spinning into place out of the darkness

2)The writing being black with animated fire behind it and the symbol

or 3) Some sort of animated samurai warrior instead

If anyone could help I'd be very appreciative.

Many thanks,

Kaidan

Some of the more experienced folks are trickling back in so I'm replying to your post so they can see it. I'm learning a lot form playing with it some, but I think they may be able to do it a lot more justice. We want you to have the very best you can get!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67

feel free to take some of these if you wish:-

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

To import you click "file" then "Open".

If you are putting an animated gif on a pic you use "Open in layers"

The layers simply allow you to add or alter a picture without altering the original but this really only matters in making gifs as jpg flattens the image. I am very familiar with it so feel free to ask away. If you have issues or dont understand I can talk you through it.

Edit to add: Originally I was proficient with Paintshop Pro and the change to Gimp was very difficult for me. It is a very easy to understand program, once you let go of the knowledge you have of other programs and understand the basics. Now I prefer Gimp to all my others including Photoshop.

By the way someone asked earlier if Gimp and Photoshop were compatible and I said no. This is not entirely true. Although Gimp has over 1100 brushes for download, Photoshop brushes work in Gimp as well.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

Thanks for offer of support, been really busy but going to give it a try this week, I may well have to ask a few things! I am ok on photoshop pro and other packages so here's hoping!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I looked at the stuff I did years ago... it was PaintshopPro that I had used back then. I really loved that program, will have to get it again

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Ankshint Cibilizashun Intree

(had to use LOL-speak for this one)

Just had to drop by and offer you my thanks for giving me a heads-up about this amazing thread!

The quality of the work by members here is just jaw-dropping. Just watching the cooperative processes between one member starting with an idea (or request), through the interaction of other members, to the finished product is a joy to see and also a real education.

I'm hoping eventually I can contribute something useful myself. It's been a while since I've done much with photoshop or even my DAZ Studio pro software (and I've never used GIMP) but it would be great to get involved when I can set aside a chunk of time to do a decent project.

Many thanks and best regards,

Mike

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
Just had to drop by and offer you my thanks for giving me a heads-up about this amazing thread!

The quality of the work by members here is just jaw-dropping. Just watching the cooperative processes between one member starting with an idea (or request), through the interaction of other members, to the finished product is a joy to see and also a real education.

I'm hoping eventually I can contribute something useful myself. It's been a while since I've done much with photoshop or even my DAZ Studio pro software (and I've never used GIMP) but it would be great to get involved when I can set aside a chunk of time to do a decent project.

Many thanks and best regards,

Mike

Welcome to the thread!!! Feel free to use whatever program you're most comfortable wtih!

I'm going to re-download PaintShop Pro after payday because I remember liking it very much when I used it before.
Whatever you're comfortable with that creates graphics is more than ok!

Feel free to submit anything you like for our weekly theme. This week is ancient civilizations.

We'll also have "contests/talent shows" from time to time and the winners get ATS points

Im a Marty won the last one and is using it for his avatar now. Looks great!
The topic for that one was UFO-related.

Whoever gets the most stars this week gets to pick the topic for the next week unless the next week is a "contest". We'll probably do another contest around the end of August/beginning of September for "All that's Fall" including "back to school", "football", "harvest" and whatever else we can think of that has to do with "Fall".

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Hey Chitten, not to sound stupid....but what is 'fall'.... Us peeps in Downunder land have a different set of Jargon.... I think it means... Autumn does it not???

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

yes, fall is the autumn season

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty

Hey Chitten, not to sound stupid....but what is 'fall'.... Us peeps in Downunder land have a different set of Jargon.... I think it means... Autumn does it not???

That didn't sound stupid at all
Yes, "Fall" is another term for Autumn. We call it "fall" because that is when all the leaves fall (and you rake until your hands fall off...lol)

J

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Some more for the pickin'..........................

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join