It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I really hate it when I become silly,but I have found it.

My I'm an old Kiss fan dog!!!!
Yeah,baby,thats it...............

Not

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

That's a good one.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

edit on 14-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: better lettering

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I was choosing that one.
But I need to be more beach casual, khakis a t-shirt more like Ernest Hemingway,although I'm far from that.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
here's an Ernest Hemingway type dog

edit on 14-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

But I need to be more beach casual, khakis a t-shirt more like Ernest Hemingway,although I'm far from that.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I am amazed at some of the avatars I've seen... you all are very talented artists!

Great thread!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

I was choosing that one.

At the Copa, the Copa Cabana .........

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
3D / Abstract.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Rasputin super stylin......................from Russia with Love............

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

At the Copa, the Copa Cabana .........

AWESOME!!!! It's like you put together exactly what he described!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
HD

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
At the suggestion of a mod who will not be named at this particular time, but perhaps at a later date...

Maybe we could put together a "contest" of sorts. We can start small and general and see what it builds into!

Here's what I have in mind for now. For this week, until say... oh, Saturday at noon EDT (Eastern Daylight Time-US), we'll have competitors make an avatar/background size graphic of their choosing with a particular theme. The person who has the most stars by Saturday at noon will be declared the winner for that week.

This could possibly turn into something with actual ATS "rewards" if all goes well. We'll do everything right here on this thread for now, but if it turns into something "big", maybe they'll let us open a dedicated thread for each week or something for the "result images". This is a "build as we go" type of excursion.

The topic for this week (I get to choose
) is:
UFOs
The hypothetical situation is: a member who is a UFO enthusiast asks for an avatar that represents him as someone who is searching for proof of UFOs. He says he has had an abduction experience but can't remember details of it and feels a "connection" to them. He spends a great deal of time searching the night sky hoping to sight another one after his experience but has not been successful. He wants it to show "hope" for alien contact and believes them to be inheritantly good and sent her to help us.

You can make any avatar you want (within T&C guidelines) that has to do with UFOs. In order to ensure we get the entries recognized as opposed to just the collaboration and testing the waters, when you have finalized your entry, post this banner above the pic you are submitting: (use the headline feature in brackets)

UFO ENTRY

I know there are a million things to think of and learn as we go and maybe on Saturday morning, I'll try to make a post with all the "entry" photos to ensure I don't miss in while counting the stars. If it becomes an actual contest, hopefully we'll go with the flag system of some sort later on or at least a repository thread or something with a great Mod who seems interested and can close the entry thread at the appropriate time so we can count the stars!

This could work! We can also work out any kinks as we go before we make it an ATS-wide contest and figure out what format we want to use and all that stuff!! (pending permission of course!)

With the great communication going on here, perhaps make several "rough drafts" and ask opinions as you go before a final entry. Let's limit it to say ... three entries per person for the final copies and have them up by Thursday at Midnight EDT for voting purposes. (stars for now)

Be sure to put each "official entry" in a separate post so we can count the stars for that entry alone.

edit on 15-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I'll drink to that Moonpie

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

LOL love the lil purple alien!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Update from Hypothetical poster looking for avatar (named him UFOlogist)

Thanks for working on this for me! I found some graphics that I really like. You don't have to use these but I thought it may help you get a better idea of what I'm looking for. I'm pretty open minded, so anything that looks really cool would be great!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
(sample, not to count for votes)

UFO ENTRY

(then say something like: Please vote for my entry!
or whatever it is you want to do to encourage stars for your entry)

(end of entry post)

Enjoy!!! I look forward to seeing this turn out well and possibly becoming a real contest here on BTS!! (below top secret- off topic forums)

Remember! Sometimes it's the best graphics and sometimes it's the best idea! It all depends on what people vote for and we have a LOT of lurkers in this thread!!!
Feel free to use animations, special effects, anything that works in an avatar!

And other folks, keep requesting avatars, this has been great so far and we don't want to forget that part!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join