It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

LOL. I took the liberty of bumping the whole image up a bit, and then filled in the bottom with black. I'm not Gimp illiterate, (running 2.6 on Mint 8) I just have no design skills. The top of the Awen just touches the uppermost text, and the rest is balanced.

I will go with this avvy. Sorry for the confusion. I was modifying with my own feeble skills in Gimp.

Once more, thank you. From the bottom of my heart. You are a very talented person.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

yea..

Agarta made mine too..

I say we vote for him as next ________..

insert your favorite......

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Love your new avy. You, now, are a member of the covered bottom clan.

Des

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I actually measured out the space between the text and rearranged them to fit inside. It is posted in my last post before this one if you missed the edit.

You are very welcome. The Avatar/Background is part of who you are here so I see it as important that it is exactly what you are looking for and want the others to see you as, and for that reason its not picky its wanting to look your best.

Edit to add:Thank you for sticking it out too, you could have stepped away out of frustration and just picked a new one. I hope it is worth the wait.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here's a few more random pics to choose from.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

We can make him ATS Avatar King...

reply to post by Destinyone

lol.... there are now two of us!

I am still keeping the wolf, but this one is when I am feeling a bit.... angelic

edit on 13-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Actually the Queen is a King but thats okay not many people know lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

OOPS!

Sorry!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It's quite alright, i usually don't correct anyone thinking I am Female, as I do Have a feminine side, but if its a gender specific title I figured I should speak up or forever be a Female lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I am satisfied.

Thank you.

(Now, go help someone else, this druid appreciates your tenacity, but you are neglecting all those poor folk on ATS that have no avatars at all.
)

If I need anything else, I will be sure to u2u you.

ETA: OMG, Agarta, you are male? My humblest apologies for any posts denoting the wrong gender. I also made the same mistake with masqua, the Super Mod that runs the SS forum. It's the "a" at the end of your user name, and my training in Spanish, thinking that any word ending "a" denotes feminine, and an "o" denotes masculinity. Agarto, masquo. My bad. I need to adjust my worldview a bit.

Regardless of gender, my respect for your skills wavers not.

edit on 7/13/12 by Druid42 because: added ETA

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Here's a few pics I had in my album that I resized for avatars for anyone who wants one:

edit on Fri Nov 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: avatar removed

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I wonder if we could put the wolf in the cauldron... kind of like rising up out of the smoke from the cauldron...except I think the wolf should be white, white is purity and light is knowledge....both respectfully Druid pursuits yes?

but that would be a different avi

Might want to stick that in a U2U when you do.....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I used to have a white wolf avvy, denoting those characteristics:

The point of changing avatars is to show a change of reflection in your personality.

Currently, I have an avvy the blends from red (sacrifice) to black (ignorance). The imagery is subtle, but it could mean that to rise from ignorance you must sacrifice your comfortable views. Perhaps it could mean many things.

That's the beauty of an avatar. It can be interpreted many ways. It means something to you, and something else to others.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Well, I know all that... but with this avi I see an almost celebration of the power of ignorance, and the sacrifice that would entail...

its kind of why I would prefer white.... but this is only my opinion, and I respect your views on what it means to you... but it is very difficult for me because of the almost centerpiece ignorance has, I know you see a balance to that in the awen and runes... but for me that is not balancing enough, especially considering the awen is not the ancient druid symbol, rather, a modern one.

But at any rate it is a nice avi
(and I will shut up now!)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The Darkness - Part 1 or 4

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The Darkness - Part 2 or 4

edit on 13-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The possible avatar pictures being posted are awesome but I wanted to give some political examples as well. If anyone like one it can be cut from the page and re-sized to fit.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Druid42

Well, I know all that... but with this avi I see an almost celebration of the power of ignorance, and the sacrifice that would entail...

its kind of why I would prefer white.... but this is only my opinion, and I respect your views on what it means to you... but it is very difficult for me because of the almost centerpiece ignorance has, I know you see a balance to that in the awen and runes... but for me that is not balancing enough, especially considering the awen is not the ancient druid symbol, rather, a modern one.

But at any rate it is a nice avi
(and I will shut up now!)

I have been accused of being a neo-pagan before, and those who attach such labels to my beliefs, I agree with them. You have to have a grasp of modern technology, you have to know how it works, and I own a smartphone, so if I was to adhere to the "ancient ways", I wouldn't be able to help anyone, being ignorant of modern technology. Actually, I am a networking wizard, specializing in hardware and not software (obviously!), but my ability to fix computers that don't work only furthers my position of staying up to date with "modern" times. I can't devote myself to old rituals that have no bearing on the here and now, I can only adapt, and learn, and formulate a BALANCE between the old and the new. I eschew the wisdom to your words, and only offer my position in response. A druid is nothing if they can't learn, and are set in their ways.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

All things old have a great amount of basis in the here and now... and electricity is not a new thing, nor are its currents.....

do not throw old away, see only how it pertains to the now... it does more than you would think

although I understand the neo druid thing.... I think you are leaving much behind thinking it has no pertainence, when it does

I know I know, eshew away!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Pshaw. The ancient ways are my childhood. I am now an adolescent, and need to grow. Imagery is a useful tool to keep the balance, nothing more, nothing less. Perceptions are what create the reality around us.

A story:

I took the time to learn Egyptian Hieroglyphs, and learn their language. I found it fascinating to be able to read them after months of dedicated study. I went further to learn the pronunciation, but alas, there was noone around who could understand what I was saying.

Moral:

Knowledge only works if someone can understand what you are saying. You must adapt, or fail.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join