It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Junk Food

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Junk food...you go into stores and there are shelves of it. Potato chips, corn chips, dips, Cheetos, Doritios etc. so many flavors to choose from.

Is it the salt? Is it the fat? Is it the fact that we shouldn't have it...so we want it!

Everyone knows junk food is not good for us...no real wholesome nutritional value. So...why do we eat junk food? We know we shouldn't. I don't know about you...sometimes I just got to have my junk food...and as I sit here typing this; I am not sure why I do eat some junk food every now and then.

So...come clean ATS. What junk food do you eat? Do you know why you eat it; and why do you think junk food is so addicting to some?

My favorite junk foods are the crunchy Cheetos and Lays classic potato chips.

edit on 10-7-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The biggest factor in my opinion is the taste.
Junk food is very satisfying to the taste buds.
Next factor IMO is the fact that our bodies become dependent on what we put in it.
Sugary drinks, fatty snacks. Our body craves for it and isn't satisfied until we get it.

As for what junk food I am addicted to...
I would have to say sodas and donuts.

edit on 10-7-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I think its the salt in them that gets addictive.

I have thing for Hawkins Cheezies, where I just crave them at times, and I'm sure they put something in them.

I eat 4 or 5 and the craving is satisfied.

Those little packages are the best, don't have to eat it all ,and I've had my fill of them.

Now lays chips, depending how hungry, can work through a half a large size bag pretty quick

The party mixes are nice because of the variety, and yeah I like my salty snacks.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Every once in a while I just have to have an apple fritter...yummy! Around 2 blocks away from where I live a (Top Pot) doughnut shop is going to open in around one week. Now I ask you...did my waistline need this?.....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Every once in a while I will make a homemade french onion dip; using real sour cream of course and dip at least half a bag of chips in that dip..talk about comfort food!...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I almost never eat junk food.. I eat pretty clean, chicken, tuna, oats, and that about sums up my diet.. HAHA
But every once in a while I NEED THAT DAMN REESE CUP..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Does the vending machine call to you? TechVampyre, techVampyre come and get me...you know you want me...chocolate and peanut butter...you need me!...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I miss junk food. Due to my soy allergy no more junk food for me. I'ts almost impossible to find chips, cookies or ice cream that doesn't have soy. I miss Funyons, donuts and Slim Jims the most. Good news is I have dropped 75 pounds in the last year.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by TechVampyre

Does the vending machine call to you? TechVampyre, techVampyre come and get me...you know you want me...chocolate and peanut butter...you need me!...

HAHA.. be right back I have to run to 7-eleven now..

edit on 10-7-2012 by TechVampyre because: gramma

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Twinkies!!!!
Hard core diabetic here and I can even make them at home!
But I enjoy grabbing those 10 packs from the store every once in a while.
The real deal gives a weird tingle that mine don't, prolly the HFCS, where I use only real sugar.
Addicted but you live only once, and you better get it done good.
Twinkies and throwback anything.

Then of course a quadruple dose of insulin.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Crisps! ..... they are my weakness along with jellies!

Monster munch beef flavor
Seabrook beef or cheese and onion
Walkers prawn cocktail
Cheezy Wotsits
Kettle mature cheddar and red onion

God there is nothing like a crisp sandwhich!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Haribo Gummy Bears and Jelly-Bellies jelly beans , they are the sh*t that killed elvis !!

I keep a pack of Haribo gummy bears and Jelly-Bellies by my chair at all times .

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Well...you still have your junk food memories...but now you are so much healthier! Congratulations on your weight loss!...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I remember when I was a child and going for a walk to the corner store....my friend and I would buy a package of Twinkies; one for her and one for me...we would come home laughing and happy!

edit on 11-7-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

It is very interesting to read the different names in England that you call your junk food. It all sounds good and fattening!....

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whenandwhere

Are words ever funny to you? Some are to me and the names "Jelly Bellies" and "Gummy Bears" are very humorous to me. I like them too!:..

edit on 11-7-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm not sure if Ramen Noodles are considered a junk food, but I'm in love with it. It's probably all the salt in them, but the Creamy Chicken flavor is the absolute best!

Also, Strawberry ice cream. Most of the brands have real strawberry chunks in them. Oh man, amazing

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

I like to take Ramen Noodles; not use the flavor packet and mix them with fresh steamed vegetables and sesame oil...good stuff!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think chips are probably my biggest junk food. I like the salt but my addiction to them is really in the crunch I get when I bite into them. Even with crunchy veggies it is just not the same
I love them all, but I could take or leave the bbq kind.

I'm not big on sweets, but if I get a craving it is always chocolate. I love those little Dove dark chocolate squares.

And Oreos. Plain, with milk, or crumbled over vanilla ice cream.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
The biggest factor in my opinion is the taste.
Junk food is very satisfying to the taste buds.

Intellectual control over my impusles to crave high sugar, high fat, low nutirtional value food is not easy...It's dedication and discipline...

Found some unsweetened apple rings that I just can't seem to get enough of. Maybe a snickers once a month or less, but I'm unable to eat junk food (in most cases) intentionally. I've spent the last 2 years reducing my body weight, fat, and increasing my knowledge and muscle structure...

Junk food that I crave:

'Natural' Jerky. I don't care if it's Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Duck, Deer, Turkey, or any other animal. It's almost very well seasoned without MSG and other chemicles not listed but added to the meat. I have to have this every 1-2 weeks.

Apple Rings, a mix between the sweetened and unsweetened. It has nothing I'm allergic too and tastes better than any other fruit roll, fruit snacks (think of those little fruit shaped gelatins like fruit-rollup, etc). The hilarious part is I can eat the entire bag and it be nothing but beneficial except excessive carbs and calories. Have to limit this to every 2 weeks otherwise an 8oz bag disappears in a day.

Cookies! I love them. I don't love the junk at Wal-Mart; I like the unique cookies you find at say a Trader Joes or Whole Foods. They are still very poor for my health though...Usually a little pricey I have these about once a month...

The one junk food I delve into and try my best to make sure it has no HFCS or other Corn Syrups / frutcose syrups, etc, is Ice cream. Can be pricey and it can be freakin insanely yummy!

That's generally it. I usually have one of these 4 every 2 weeks to avoid excessive consumption and loss of essential personal funds.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join