It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18-year-old Ron Paul supporter barred from GOP convention slams party's 'corrupt power brokers'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
18-year-old Ron Paul supporter barred from GOP convention slams party's 'corrupt power brokers'
leanforward.msnbc.msn.com... s?lite

Eighteen-year-old Evan Kenney of Massachusetts got a great start in politics earlier this year when he ran for a spot as an alternate Republican delegate to the GOP presidential convention. He was elected to the spot, beating out the former GOP nominee for governor in the state, Charlie Baker, in a huge upset.

Interestingly enough, Mr. Bakers son has a wiki page, but he doesn't lol! If there's any interesting information about Baker, I'd like to read it.

In response, the Massachusetts Republican Party effectively denied Kenney a spot as an alternate delegate, along with fifteen other Ron Paul delegates and alternates, several of whom had also beaten prominent Romney-backing GOP bigwigs.

On The Rachel Maddow Show Monday, Kenney slammed the state party for effectively undermining its own democratic process to deny him a delegate spot. "These are only a few corrupt power brokers who want to keep the power to themselves," said Kenney to Maddow. "The real Republican Party is us."

"You are having to fight tooth and nail to be recognized by main-line Republicans in terms of what you just said," Maddow replied. "But they ought to be happy to have you."

Oh snap!(lol) He calls it, like we see it... glad to see someone this young is fighting the good fight!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The leaders of the GOP will do absolutly anything to make sure Ron Paul doesnt pull off an upset at the convention.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I hope this sort of thing is a lesson to young conservatives. The GOP is not your friend. Stop believing they will ever change.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
I hope this sort of thing is a lesson to young conservatives. The GOP is not your friend. Stop believing they will ever change.

The GOP is nobodies friend... simply put. Partisan politics... strengthening the divide amongst us. What about 'united we stand'?

I'm not the biggest fan of Mark Cuban, but he says some intelligent things... every once in a while:

I hate politics. It's slimy. Any job where people pander for votes, I don't like. The country has gotten so partisan that if you're not on my side, you're the enemy. The only thing I ever try to support is a third party, like Unity08. We need more parties and more choice.
Mark Cuban

I never could be a partisan leader - a man of one idea.
Joshua Chamberlain

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
When you have Rachel (boy wonder) Maddow as the lead reporter on this story, you know something isn't quite right.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Weakest argument ever.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by Carseller4

Weakest argument ever.

A very liberal partisan commentator taking up the Ron Paul cause doesn't cause your head to tilt a little?

Remember "Operation Chaos"? (If not, GOOGLE it) Limbaugh did the same type of thing with Mrs. Bill Clinton, and the liberal media had a collective fit.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

He might have made a weak argument, but he's got a point in terms of Maddow's intent. She's not reporting this sort of stuff because she supports Ron Paul or restructuring the GOP. She just wants to see the GOP implode. I mean, at least she's reporting it, but i tend to hold any news she gives me with some long tongs.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
My bad yall...

An 18yr Kid Makes A Very Interesting Conspiracy Theory About The Republican Party on MSNBC
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue the discussion there

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

This is a complete lie. Every delegate was given a form to sign affirming they will uphold the laws of Massachusetts and vote in the first round as the state law requires them to do so. Fifteen delegates/alternates refused to sign, and thus were barred.

What happens if someone refused to take an oath to swear the truth at a trial, do we complain when they are barred from testifying? Have some common sense and look at the issue before you make rediculous posts.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Why has Ron Paul been so silent on these occurrences? I've heard nothing from his staff about any of this, except asking that supporters behave themselves and that conspiracy theorists are bad for the liberty movement.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LibertyBell75

Because Ron Paul supports state's rights, and thus would support Massachusetts' right to do this. You clearly do not understand the issue here.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
OccamsRazor04, I understand so much more than you give me credit for.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Then why would you expect Ron Paul to support these people? They are 100% in the wrong. Tell me what you know, why should Ron Paul support people who are trying to violate a law.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Is there anyone left on the planet who can read between lines?
edit on 14-7-2012 by LibertyBell75 because: Typo

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The point was: Ron Paul doesn't care or pay any attention to these things that are made "issues" by his supporters. And people lap this stuff up thinking there's a chance he could take the whole thing at the convention.

Sheesh. It's over. Energize another campaign.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Ok, we are on the same page then!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
We're on the same page! His own staff journalist and campaign manager have made it painfully clear: it's over. But, people still march on like his own staff didn't admit defeat. Like there's some conspiracy and his staff is working against him. Astonishing.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

That's so when RP loses they can yell foul. He had all the delegates man what could have happened!

new topics

top topics

join