It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bread From Walmart.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
read the ingredient labels!

only eat natural food with no artificial junk and chemicals!

eat organic IF you can, that helps too.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Its Great! everyone here is waking up to all these things going on around them. Im happy for you all, but the battle is not close to over. Where you shop, who buy from, every single little thing you do in your life should not matter to anyone but yourself. If others say or judge you for that, please let them. They have to learn from their own mistakes, move on & live. Forget all this "Oh what must he/she/they be thinking about me?" Its just a "paranoia" everyone has to get rid of in order to be absolutely FREE & see the world for what it rightfully is. Oh yea, by the way I happen to be an employee at a wal-mart store. I can tell you all positive & negative things of wal-mart but in the end it comes down to you & who you actually become. So with that I say Live an Open Life. Do what you want righteously

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Dear Eric, you should spray your bread box down with bleach to kill the mold spores. and if you like tripping - just put Rye bread in your wooden box and let it ferment - nothing like creating your own Salem Witch Trials.
other than that - you should realize that commerical bread gives you no control over its continents and I would stick to making my own bread.

edit on 12-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Never buy and eat store bought bread. It isn't fit to feed the hogs.
Make your own. I do.
Years ago people made bread everyday.
It isn't that difficult.
I make it in the form of rolls which I keep in the refrigerator.
Anything that will not be used for more than 3 days goes into the freezer.

The bread box is the old way of keeping bread which is not useful or advisable today any more than using an Ice Box for your milk.
Put it in the fridge....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Infi8nity
All ways look at ingredients and NEVER trust big corporations they put all kinds of crap in their food to save money.
Google agenda 21 and you will see the reason for this poison.

It's nearly impossible to look at ingredients when they lie about things so often.
And who actually knows what the real world meaning of all of those scientific chemical names are on the ingredients list are anyway? (We can Google those words however).

And how does it "save them money$"?

Wouldn't adding a bunch of things to something increase the cost?
Unless those additives can cut costs elsewhere I suppose...

Thats just idiotic. Your not going to look at them because they COULD be lieing? Its a exuse to eat junk food, quit protecting your ego and protect your body. They do not lie about the poison they put in food so why would they hide it? If they hide it makes it look bad. You know their are more groups out their then FDA that are paid to test food? You know you can test your own food for a wide aray of chemicals.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Thats just idiotic. Your not going to look at them because they COULD be lieing? Its a exuse to eat junk food, quit protecting your ego and protect your body. They do not lie about the poison they put in food so why would they hide it? If they hide it makes it look bad. You know their are more groups out their then FDA that are paid to test food? You know you can test your own food for a wide aray of chemicals.

No, I personally always look at them and look them up. And I avoid questionable things.

But, my post was merely in jest as a speculative position from "someone else's shoes", like a more average person who doesn't read anything.

It was purely facetious.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
But It is really good, if I had the supplies I would make my own but I lack the equipment.

All you need is flower, yeast, salt, water and an oven...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
But It is really good, if I had the supplies I would make my own but I lack the equipment.

All you need is flower, yeast, salt, water and an oven...

Actually, you can get away with no yeast if you start up a sour dough starter. All you need is water and flour.

Mix a cup of flour with a coup of warm water (luke warm) in a container, and let it sit out on the counter for a few days adding another 1/2 cup of flour and water each day at first.. Wild yeast should get going in it (it will start to foam).

Some places don't have a lot of wild yeast (arid places), which is okay, you can just add a couple of teaspoons of yeast to that cup of water and flour.

Once it get's going you can put it in the fridge and it will keep forever (yeast is hard to kill). Just remember to "feed" it once a week by taking out 1/2 cup of the starter, and adding 1/2 a cup of flour and water.

When you want to make bread, you just pull some out and let it warm up (takes a couple of hours), and make a dough out of it and the bread will rise.

There are lots of recipies on this. Just Google it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

When bread is refrigerated the starches change and it has less calories because some of the starch turns to a form that can't be absorbed by the body. Same happens when potatoes are refrigerated. It's not a big calorie reduction but it is a reduction.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Next time at Walmart look at the groundbeef (the tubes) and see how many countries & continents
The beef in the tube comes from. It's like 5-7 countries and 3 continents in one tube!

Uruguay, new Zealand,?

How can you get cows from all over the world ground up and packaged in tube
& it be good?

Anyone else notice the countries (some 3rd world) the beef came from?

Sketchy....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

I notice the same thing.

For several months now I've been really reading labels and ingredients, and have noticed the same things you mention, especially about the milk.

I'm trying to grow a lot of my own stuff now - just today I purchased a lemon balm plant.

I understand that preservatives are necessary (and as another poster mentioned, something that people in the past would have probably killed for) but I don't necessarily feel comfortable ingesting them anymore, and will try to stay away from it if possible.

Feels like I'm embalming myself while still alive.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I remember being younger and finding part of a heavily processed lunchmeat sandwich under a couch and aside from being dried out it was still quite edible. Yes edible, I can assure you it was edible. That was back in the 60's.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Most commercial varieties of bread now contain high fructose corn syrup....I am guessing it is added not only for the sugar but as a preservative.

If Aunt Millie's bread is available in your area.....it's does not have HFCS in it....and says so on the label.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Most commercial varieties of bread now contain high fructose corn syrup....I am guessing it is added not only for the sugar but as a preservative.

High fructose corn syrup is being put into everything, it's almost insidious. Fast food burger buns are loaded with it too, and it's making everyone FAT.

Other additives in bread;

Potassium bromate
Mono-and diglycerides
Sodium stearoyl lactate
Partially hydrogenated oils
Calcium propionate
Dextrose

Explanations of each of those here.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Well I make my own beer and watch closely what I put in it.

So at least my beer is safe!

Then use the spent grain to add to your favorite bread recipes. Yum!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Not to get off subject here, but the last couple ice creams I got were strange. One name brand and one store brand, neither of which seemed to melt. Kinda of just got a little soft then quickly hardened. In all my years I don't remember this ever happening.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It didn't surprise me when I read your thread! I remembered a video I saw about a year back where a lady kept a happy meal in a lunchbox for four years... here's the video. (She pulls out the lunchbox at about 2:25)

No wonder Americans have more health problems and obesity than any other country!
What is this # doing to our intestines!?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join