It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bread From Walmart.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I feel like this probably applies to what you are saying.

My whole life my mom bought fruit from Wal-Mart. I know how long fruit usually lasts, how long it takes to become ripe, etc.

The last two years I've started buying all of our produce at Aldi. The fruit never lasts. I bought a bunch of very green bananas last time we went shopping. They were brown and almost soupy in three days! Wal-Mart bananas could probably take two weeks before they get to that point. We had ate one of the bananas before they turned bad and the rest I had to throw in the freezer for smoothies and banana bread.

I'm not sure if the Wal-Mart fruit unnaturally stays ripe longer, or if the Aldi fruit unnaturally rots faster. But something is different between the two stores!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There is a all natural dough conditioner sold all over the internet to make your bread lighter and fluffier, helps it from going stale and molding also. Stay away from walmart in general, they are one big box of poison !

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I have noticed something off awhile back about Walmart meat... now I don't
buy Walmart meat other then a brand name sausage, bacon or hot dogs and that is in a pinch
and
really rare and only if I can't get to my normal food market I try not to put my self in that position.
The meat/chicken (I don't want to
say what brand of chicken, but it is 2 popular brand names) at Walmart
is so pumped with a sodium solution to give it a longer shelf life it's disgusting... it
states it right on the front lable of the chicken /meat that it has a percentage of this crap
injected into it to inhance the flavor.
If you go to your food store and check the exact brands of chicken
it wont have that sodium solution on the front label.

So if they do this then why wouldn't they do it for anything else in those stores.
I am sure they are over irradiating their friuts and veggies too.
Nasty Walmart!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Guess they use the same process as up here; after the dough has risen they pre-bake the bread from the inside out using microwaves, then it's frozen so it can be full baked on demand in only fifteen minutes. That would kill the fungi.

To avoid moisture migration and to keep the crust crusty, they use "Modified starch" or more exact "Dimodan" - distilled fatty!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Try buying Ezekiel bread...it is the only brand I will buy now...packed full of fiber and really healthy ingredients.

Link to their website: www.foodforlife.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Sprouted bread is the best bet imo if your shopping at the local grocery store

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Lower humidity. Bread dries out without molding. Where do you think those cylinders of bread crumbs come from? They stay in your pantry for months without going moldy because the moisture has been removed. Its just simple physics. Less humidity in the air, bread dries out instead of molding.
I bet it was during the winter that you discovered this yes? When the heat was on and the air was drier. If you're not air conditioned bread will mold pretty quickly in the summer.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We had a former employee that ate a sandwich on Walmart's Great Value white bread every day for lunch. She had to retire for health reasons around the end of 2011. She left an unopened loaf of bread sitting on the bakers rack in our break room. Fast forward 8 or 9 months: it's still sitting there and it's just now starting to feel like it's getting stale, however, there is no visible mold. I saw the loaf sitting there back in January and thought I would see how long it took for it to go bad. I did this because there is no expiration date.

Survivalists, preppers and anyone who saw the "Food Prices about to sky rocket" thread should go stock up now!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Dang wish my walmart bread would last that long, i put it on top of my fridge and within a week its moldy. I dont care if it lasts a long time, that just means i spend less at the store and i'm all for that. I figure with all the crap they put in most food i will die from something weird eventurally. AND i do drink tap water, i figure my body is so used to the fish poop and arsnic, it would go into shock without it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Don't store the bread. Store the wheat. Hard red winter wheat in #10 enameled cans.
Drink distilled water and stay hydrated. Cell wall permeability is the key to casting off toxins.
Cells know what is garbage and will pass it much more readily if they are hydrated with pure water.

I notice that store bread loaves are expensive lately. If you want any thing besides "Wonder Bread", a loaf will cost you up to 5 dollars where I live. But if you wait long enough, they cut that in half to clear it just before it expires. I walk by all the fresh bread for a week or two and then buy it just before it spoils.

If people are noticing a recent increase in "longevity" of baked goods, then maybe the stores and bakeries are adding more preservatives in order to make the bread last longer on the shelf so they don't have to throw it away. They don't care about you (again), just their profits.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

What equipment do you think you need? A bowl and an oven are the only tools other than your hands that you need. You have an oven yes? I hope you have a bowl and I am betting you have hands but I could be wrong there. What it takes is time. You need a couple of hours to spare for bread making. I make bread about twice a month just because my family likes it very fresh and it makes the house smell great. We buy commercially baked bread for the rest of the time.
1 C hot water
1 pkg active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar

Prep yeast in hot water with the sugar for about 15 min.

4-5 cups of flour
2 tps salt
a little veg oil for the bowl.

add the water and yeast to the flour and combine, then add the salt.
Knead for 10 min. ( thats the time consuming part right there unless you have a stand mixer to do it for you.)
Oil a bowl and leave the dough for about 40 min.
Punch down, form into two ropes about 14 inches long.
let rest again for about 40 min.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 min.
Add tons of butter and enjoy !

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

We buy fruit and we eat it. It never stays around long enough to go bad at my house. They're gluttons !

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Lower humidity. Bread dries out without molding. Where do you think those cylinders of bread crumbs come from? They stay in your pantry for months without going moldy because the moisture has been removed. Its just simple physics. Less humidity in the air, bread dries out instead of molding.
I bet it was during the winter that you discovered this yes? When the heat was on and the air was drier. If you're not air conditioned bread will mold pretty quickly in the summer.

No. During the summer as in the past 2 months. Humidity here for the last 4 weeks has been no lower than 39% (very balmy and wet).
Humidity in the house has been just as high even with the air conditioners running. I can tell when the humidity is up as one of my door frames makes the door stick quite a bit when the humidity is high.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Here is a wheat recipe that I use:

1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon milk, 2%
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 package of active dry yeast

1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

2. Add flours and yeast, and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Put dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with a clean towel and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.

3. Punch dough down; knead for a few minutes until smooth and then form into a loaf. Place in greased loaf pan and cover. Let rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size, about 30 minutes.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

5. Remove bread from oven and allow to rest in pan for a few minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cover with a cloth.

edit on 10-7-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

I was about to send my recipe but saw that it was almost identical to yours.
I just substitute the brown sugar for a dark honey and add an extra tbls of milk.

When I get real creative I add 1/2 cup of spent barley from my beer making endeavours. An extra dose of fiber, Yum!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
All ways look at ingredients and NEVER trust big corporations they put all kinds of crap in their food to save money.
Google agenda 21 and you will see the reason for this poison.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
We could always take the bread to the local chemistry lab and get a test run on it's constituents.

That way you could find out if you have a really good bread box, or if there is something strange in the bread itself.

By the way, my Wal-Mart bread seems to mold up pretty badly within 6days or so (roughly).

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
All ways look at ingredients and NEVER trust big corporations they put all kinds of crap in their food to save money.
Google agenda 21 and you will see the reason for this poison.

It's nearly impossible to look at ingredients when they lie about things so often.
And who actually knows what the real world meaning of all of those scientific chemical names are on the ingredients list are anyway? (We can Google those words however).

And how does it "save them money$"?

Wouldn't adding a bunch of things to something increase the cost?
Unless those additives can cut costs elsewhere I suppose...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

This exact scenario happened with a bag of apples from Walmart that I purchased long ago. I bought them and left them out for literally over a month before my room mate realized they were still as green and appeared as fresh as could be. My room mate went to throw them away, took a second look and said something along the line of 'I hope you havent eaten these mutant apples, theyre obviously not normal apples.' Being the messy roommate he is, he still left them there, as bright green and an apple could get. Weeks later as I was cleaning the kitchen doing dishes etc my curiousity got the best of me. Being a protester of GMO and Monsanto foods I am also careful of what I eat, but love to experiment when an opportunity arrises none the less, so I turn around to grab the bag, get out an apple, and cut it down the middle on our cutting board. No bruising, no aging, no brownspots, nothing, a ripe (or looks ripe) apple that is monthhhss old. And this never happens to the apples we get from the farmers market. I left it out to see how long it would take to start getting that brown look normal apples get once being cut opened or eaten on. It didnt, it never did. Later we tossed the whole bag of 'mutant' apples but I will always wonder what the hell caused these fruits to act that way, it was in no way natural what so ever. It actually scares me, to wonder what a food like that would do to the inside of you. Now that I know your bread from the walmart did the same thing it arrises my wonder again. It is not natural, almost feels fake, very unhealthy in my opinion even though its trying to appear otherwise. Did you ever eat that bread later? Hope not! Thanks for sharing! Weird food, Strange days.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Okay guys (and ladies, of course): Here is the bitter, bitter truth: You are eating a product with traces of enzymes recently developed.

Look at this site: Danisco, it's part of DuPont and Europe's and maybe even the worlds greatest producer of food-"enhancing" products.

You are eating a bread which won't go stale after a week? MAX-LIFE

You want a bread which doesn't stick to its packaging? POWERFLEX

Brewing and destilling? Produce more high quality beer at less cost with our brewing enzymes.

And this goes on and on.

THIS IS THE FUTURE! THIS IS WHAT WE ARE DOING TO OUR GENERATION!
Yepp, we are doomed.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
Could we get one of your favorite recipes for a good healthy bread that could be used for sandwiches? My family LOVES bread!

Many great recipes from the bakers on ATS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy!

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join