It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want proof of flying saucers? This is it!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Ye amazing thread man, brilliant information. Very interesting case! I think I heard a while back, Star n flag

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Maverick7

VoidHawk

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
While i think most people here appreciate the effort you went to it doesn't make up for the fact you claimed to have 'the' proof but provided none at all.

In a court of law witnesses can be proof, how many do we need before we accept it as proof?

No in a court witness testimony is evidence. Evidence is not proof, and can be misinterpreted. I have to agree you have a lot of pictures of talking heads. Why the rush? If a non-terrestrial craft 'lands', we will know it.

And we lock people up based on that testimony because if there's enough witnesses then we consider it to be beyond reasonable doubt, but I agree its not proof.

I'll ask you the question, slightly altered: If people in your town started telling you that a saucer shaped craft had landed, how many people would it take before you started to believe they were telling the truth?
So far every single person has avoided answering this question.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I'll ask you the question, slightly altered: If people in your town started telling you that a saucer shaped craft had landed, how many people would it take before you started to believe they were telling the truth?

Wow! Excellent question. I admit that I haven't an answer nor any idea. It really gives one pause for thought, though. Curious, have you determined your own answer to this, yet?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

CynConcepts

Wow! Excellent question. I admit that I haven't an answer nor any idea. It really gives one pause for thought, though. Curious, have you determined your own answer to this, yet?

Hmm, another good question

If those telling me were known to be reasonable people, and they were all telling the same story, that a saucer had landed and been clearly seen by them, as we have in this case, then five or six people would get me intersted, and ten people would get me running to the spot where they saw it.
With ten reasonable people all telling the same story I'd consider it to be enough to allow myself to believe them. If it turned out to be a hoax, well, so be it.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

intrptr
Any way, I look for things in testimony that are too strange, things that are "signs" that are difficult for your average eyewitness to make up. In this case what did it for me was the illustration (I know, I know) of the mans headlights bending towards the light in the woods. Its the second pic from the bottom in the OP.

Theres your sign. That is too weird to make up IMO. Of course you would expect an advanced unearthly craft to have that kind of power (wouldn't we?). How else do they move so quick and quietly?

That's an extremely weak filter for truth. What about those who have a more active imagination than yourself? Then you follow up with "of course you would expect", which implies that the original statement isn't really so unbelievable after all, thus failing your own odd criteria for truth.
edit on 3/12/1414 by conundrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by conundrummer

That's an extremely weak filter for truth. What about those who have a more active imagination than yourself? Then you follow up with "of course you would expect", which implies that the original statement isn't really so unbelievable after all, thus failing your own odd criteria for truth.

That was one aspect of the sighting. The most compelling. Multiple witnesses and other observed phenomenon add to the mix.

Of course I want to beleeb it, I am a witness to one such out of this world event (with others).

Sigh, but you are right. I have no evidence other than eyewitness reports and drawings and I should be more critical to actual evidence.

I might add, there is very little of that. So everyone hoaxes these things? I kind of doubt that, too.

Fair enough?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

I guess what makes me skeptical of witness stories is asking myself of pre-conceived perception. Everyone perceives everything through their own unique acquired perception filter, so I cannot help but question every story. I am included in that, so anything I see, I even second guess my own perception. Guess that is why I am still not in the ET believers camp. I do not doubt that the individuals seen something that they could not identify, I just can't reach their ET conclusions at this point.
I agree, it is a shame that hoaxes add to the confusion, especially the cgi vids and pics.
edit on 3 12 2014 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 12 2014 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CynConcepts

I guess what makes me skeptical of witness stories is asking myself of pre-conceived perception.

Thanks for your reply. You seem well grounded in your observations.

I want to say… so am I.

I have only had one visual experience of an "otherworldly" in my entire life. I shall never forget it.
Nothing but nothing on this planet has that color, moves that quickly, completely silent and then changes direction sharply at impossible speed. I have seen it all and I never seen anything like it.

With others that I knew and others I didn't. Even though it happened over 40 years ago, it is still clear in my mind. If the same thing ever happens to you will also know it. If thats you with your pack in the wilds you are in the best position to see one yourself.

Keep looking up. If it happens once for you you will be as convinced, too.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

intrptr
Sigh, but you are right. I have no evidence other than eyewitness reports and drawings and I should be more critical to actual evidence.

I might add, there is very little of that. So everyone hoaxes these things? I kind of doubt that, too.

Fair enough?

Fair enough. I don't thin everyone hoaxes these things (or I probably wouldn't post here), but I also don't think you have to pick a debunker or true believer side when you consider a UFO report. I consider the I-don't-know camp to be the most sensible regarding UFOs.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think the argument, "pics or it didnt happen ( or I dont care )", doesnt really apply here.

If there were actual photos of the craft, would it really change anything? The argument over whether it was a military drone or alien drone would still be there.

It would be nice to see, but given the number witnesses and the drawings provided, I dont think it would change a thing... except this ridiculous argument over "proof" wouldnt have dragged on for pages. I mean does anyone here actually doubt this event took place?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by conundrummer

I consider the I-don't-know camp to be the most sensible regarding UFOs.

Well they are unidentified. Big difference between "believing" and actually witnessing something you know is out of this world. Which I did.

I also don't know what it was. Just that anything man made couldn't replicate its performance "envelope".

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The only thing that would be of any "proof" to anybody of real importance, is a signed treaty, signed with my blood, and the blood of an extraterrestrial. Anyone can make a craft of dumbbell shape, put on Alien suits, and fly around. And when I mean Anyone, I mean any civilization that did not die off way back when, and had a continuity of their technology, but separated themselves from the rest of the plebes. Of course that is a bit far-fetched, but w/e.

It's just a bit odd, that an advanced civilization would runaway from aircraft with their "superior" plasma force field technology, and superior weaponry, right? Especially in 1966 when all we had was bullets and explosives. So, pretty much, I call it a "hoax" not in the normal sense, but in the supra-normal sense, that cannot be identified as we didn't have a chance to take a genetic sampling of the "extraterrestrial" they spoke with.

Moto

For proof of extraterrestrials, bring me a signed treaty, by the dried blood of a human ambassador, and the dried blood of an "Alien" ambassador, enough of it to be tested by several different laboratories to irrefutably prove that they have a completely different genetic strand, foreign from any other life form on this planet.

That will "prove" it to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

wantstoknowmore
It's just a bit odd, that an advanced civilization would runaway from aircraft with their "superior" plasma force field technology, and superior weaponry, right? Especially in 1966 when all we had was bullets and explosives. So, pretty much, I call it a "hoax" not in the normal sense, but in the supra-normal sense, that cannot be identified as we didn't have a chance to take a genetic sampling of the "extraterrestrial" they spoke with.

"plasma force field technology, and superior weaponry"
And just where in the vid or my OP was that mentioned?

Imagine YOU are an alien and you've been doing a bit of snooping around on planet earth. You've noticed that at any given time there are stupid wars taking place that kill millions of humans. In the streets you see muggings and murders and the worlds millitary shoot down anything they dont recognise! So, just what would you be expecting the stupid humans to do if they could get their greedy little hands on you?

Also, its very likely that any alien advanced enough to find its way here would have given up violence and conflict many millions of years ago, therefore its likely they do not have "plasma force field technology, and superior weaponry"

And, as I stated in the OP, its possible the two craft that were seen belonged to the military, and if so, that meant they had anti gravity! and that WOULD be reason enough for them to run away!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

111DPKING111
I mean does anyone here actually doubt this event took place?

Hi.
Thats what really surprised me when I posted this thread. People have used every excuse in the book to enable themselves to deny it happened, even mass hysteria has been mentioned!
Its quite obvious something did happen. Hundreds of school children say they saw two flying saucers. Dozens of adults also saw them. There's news paper reports that prove the children were silenced!

As I said in the op, its not a question of did it happen, the question should be, who were they? On that I flip flop between military and alien, I just wish we had a bit more info so we could make a decision. It a shame the school teachers film was taken from her.

Void.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

CynConcepts
I guess what makes me skeptical of witness stories is asking myself of pre-conceived perception.

Hi CynConcepts.
Did you watch the linked video in the op? I'm just wondering because you speak of Pre-conceived perception, and I wonder what you might think the childrens pre-conceived perceptions may have been. This case took place in 1966 and childrens heads were not filled with so much talk of aliens etc back then, also would you expect the adults who also saw the craft to have the same pre-conceived perceptions as the children?
I agree that all of us are victim when it comes to our perception of whats around us, very much so in this day and age, but this was the 60's and I find it hard to imagine that so many kids, and adults! could all come up with the same story unless it realy did happen.

CynConcepts
I just can't reach their ET conclusions at this point.
I do realise your speaking generaly, but in the op my question was - Alien or military?
For sake of argument, if we accept that this event did happen, it would mean that craft with anti gravity capabilities landed. If that were the case, which way would you choose, alien or military?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I t appears some what similar to the one I saw - at tree top level. It came in hot and slowed to about 1 or 2 mph - hovering but moving in a southern direction. Did not make a sound (at least to my -at the time - 50 year old ears and did not turn off my truck).
It was 50' in diameter (approximately) but no way could an adult male fit into the cockpit which had only about 3 to 4 feet of room and the craft made an easterly 'turn' yet nothing on the craft turned - it simply went in a different direction - which creeped me out.
It did have lights round about that were alternating.

So there is no doubt in my mind that "aliens" are here and they are - for what ever reason - clandestine.
edit on 24-3-2014 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
While i think most people here appreciate the effort you went to it doesn't make up for the fact you claimed to have 'the' proof but provided none at all.

Go to You Tube and look for the report from a dying CIA officer 17 minute interview by Richard Dolan.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

edit on 10-4-2014 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: waltwillis

Go to You Tube and look for the report from a dying CIA officer 17 minute interview by Richard Dolan.
That was an interesting interview!

I noticed a few cuts, and Nolan seemed to miss a few obvious questions, I wonder what else he had to say that didn't get included in the vid?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

reply to post by intrptr

I guess what makes me skeptical of witness stories is asking myself of pre-conceived perception. Everyone perceives everything through their own unique acquired perception filter, so I cannot help but question every story. I am included in that, so anything I see, I even second guess my own perception. Guess that is why I am still not in the ET believers camp. I do not doubt that the individuals seen something that they could not identify, I just can't reach their ET conclusions at this point.
I agree, it is a shame that hoaxes add to the confusion, especially the cgi vids and pics.

That tends to beg the question as to why are YOU here on this forum?
I would like to think that people that have seen aliens and flying saucers could exchange information in peace.
If you don't know and have never seen an alien what else can you do but run your mouth about what others report?
There are way too many people like you that have nothing to contribute but give grief to people that just want answers.
Grow up! Get a life!

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join