It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want proof of flying saucers? This is it!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I won’t lie, I saw a weird, flying disc shaped UFO when I was 14 years old and I have never believed in them my life and I still do not. I would like to talk about what I saw in another thread later but, my point is:

I do not believe myself seeing an alien ship, how will I trust those random people?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I agree with what you say about witnesses but I'll also repeat what I posted above.

NOTHING is proof. We have to weigh up the odds that we're right or wrong. For me hundreds of school children, the school staff, and others in the neighbourhood all saying they saw flying saucers IS proof because the odds are that it really happened.

There was no murder, no theft, nothing to gain, and no reason to lie.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Proof is an object that you can touch and test that is either beyond our technology or provably made with materials not found on Earth. NOTHING else can be considered proof. Witnesses mean bupkiss. I saw a ufo the other day. My mother saw one just like in the picture in 1952. Neither my sighting or hers is proof of anything other than we saw something and do not know what it was. That is all. Not proof of anything.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

In that case isn't it time the us kicked out Obama, being as he wont show his records and says the world must simply believe him?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555The video makes a great case for experimental aircraft and clearly a UFO was seen. The leap to Alien is far less obvious though and seems to be a suggestion without anything to back it up.

I agree that is quite the leap in logic to conclude extraterrestrial hypothesis, but there are certain things that are unexplainable of unknown origin in our airspace that are light years ahead in technology of our most advanced air craft today.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Debunkers. Please watch the video.

Sorry, that was what I meant. It was unnecessary. That tends to bait people and ruin threads.

On the Alien part I could have been clearer I think. I was referring to the video. Towards the end the investigator makes that leap without any reason for it presented in the documentary. Nothing said by a witness or presented in the evidence lead towards the Alien idea. That was not directed at anything you posted, just the video itself.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

IMO, unless there is some evidence to back up what one claims, i take anything said with a grain of salt..

I doubt it. I'm betting you "believe" the information presented in those links you posted, despite the lack of irrefutible proof that any of that information is true.

We are not nearly as dependent on solid evidence for our everyday beliefs about the world as we like to pretend we are. It's best to realize that.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What what makes 1966 claims so different from current sightings? This really isn't any REAL "proof" sort to speak.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

IMO, unless there is some evidence to back up what one claims, i take anything said with a grain of salt..

I doubt it. I'm betting you "believe" the information presented in those links you posted, despite the lack of irrefutible proof that any of that information is true.

We are not nearly as dependent on solid evidence for our everyday beliefs about the world as we like to pretend we are. It's best to realize that.

there are plenty of studies that have been done - studies that prove reliability or lack thereof....its not just people mouthing off or telling a story to some news reporter...there are court cases, arrests, legal studies, etc to back up the reliability or lack thereof of witness testimony. i dont just believe in the unreliabilty because an article is written and i found it on google..... my career depends on studying and knowing this stuff.....
edit on July 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Very cool case, did not know about it.

I object to your conclusion.

For me this case proves one of two things.
1. Aliens landed. or 2. The military had anti gravity capability as far back as 1966.

What it proves is that anti-gravity capacity is possible and someone with power knows more that the public. There may be no "alien" or broad "military" knowledge here, in fact there is no factual prof of both. It would indeed be interesting to know more about those in uniform and why people decided to comply with their orders...

I was going to write more but a separate thread would probably be more interesting to explore what facts learned, extrapolated and logically concluded by this type of mass observations. That would be extremely interesting (since it clearly and logical removes some of the fuzziness that some people still try to mix into the subject).
edit on 10-7-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I knew flying saucers exist in some space/time before all that. They're aerodynamically perfect and lend themselves to many types of possible propulsion. They're capable of multidirectional flight. They also do not rely on an airfoil for lift, which means they probably use an anti-matter based anti-gravity drive.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
What what makes 1966 claims so different from current sightings? This really isn't any REAL "proof" sort to speak.

This is quite a bit different than the kids and hoaxers who are making lousy video's of lights in the sky. Worthwhile reports are rare and often years go by with nothing of note.

In this case there is a lot to back up the story and the difference should be obvious. I've been following this since the 1960's and whenever a credible case pops up or gets coverage, they are always followed by lots of crap, always.

Now with the Internet it's mostly pure garbage and people wanting attention. A sighting worthy of note would get drowned out among the garbage. This massive number of nonsense reports, photo's of birds, photo's of planes, photo's of Sun Dogs, photo's of insects and any light that happens to be in the sky including planets is actually doing great harm to the topic. Serious people simply wish they would go away.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

We would run him out of town on a rail if we could. But we have as much choice about who our leaders are as you do who the queen is.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
wow,
pictures of people talking about there events
yeah that was it for me

Dont you find it helps to see who's speaking.
for this situation.. no
there have been many people jumping on the ufo bandwagon
I would much rather see someone get factual footage of a ET craft up close
not a night time shot
not a chinese lantern
not an out of focus cant make it out video
. something irrefutably real

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Great thread Void

they surely exist .. people dont fully know how everywhere they are

will read in more detail later

thanks

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

wow,
yeah that was it for me

for this situation.. no
not a night time shot
not a chinese lantern

If you were shown some up close crystal clear footage you'd shout CGI

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Great thread Void

they surely exist .. people dont fully know how everywhere they are

will read in more detail later

thanks

Thanks Ben, keep posting that vid

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

wow,
yeah that was it for me

for this situation.. no
not a night time shot
not a chinese lantern

Maybe it IS CGI? Someone faking a video on youtube about aliens to get a lot of views seems more logical than the idea of aliens landing on Earth/flying above Earth.

I have yet to see a good, clear, long and non shaky hand aline video that did not turn out to be a fake or some kind of human bulit aircraft. If you can provide me with one that would be great

edit on 10-7-2012 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

Very cool case, did not know about it.

It would indeed be interesting to know more about those in uniform and why people decided to comply with their orders...

Definitely would like to know more about the uniformed guys also, for them turn up that quick in Australia in the 60's they must have already been in the area for some reason.
I can't see a military test landing top secret equipment at a school only to have them come down and have to get rid of the evidence that's just stupid.
The missing girls last name shouldn't be too hard to find, School records witnesses etc & what happened to her would be a deal breaker here.

To answer your question, people comply cause it's the 60's in Australia and if the military turn up or Gov & tell you (threaten you) then you comply or get dragged of as a commie spy, possibly just go missing in the outback who is going to do anything about it.
Aliens could come have a tea party in my back yard & when people in black sunnies turn up say cute kids you have there sorry to waste your time nothing happened here. Guess what nothing happened here end of discussion.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by goh13

wow,
yeah that was it for me

for this situation.. no
not a night time shot
not a chinese lantern

Maybe it IS CGI? Someone faking a video on youtube about aliens to get a lot of views seems more logical than the idea of aliens landing on Earth/flying above Earth.

I have yet to see a good, clear, long and non shaky hand aline video that did not turn out to be a fake or some kind of human bulit aircraft. If you can provide me with one that would be great

edit on 10-7-2012 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

This case was not relying on pics or footage, it relied on hundreds of school children and the school staff and members of the public. One photo did emerge but is not presented as proof of anything, thought it does appear to be linked.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join