It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You An American Citizens? Show Your Papers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is what is happening in the US.

www.youtube.com...

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Be Descriptive: Please do not create minimal thread-starters that simply ask people to check out a link or video.

Respect Content: Please refrain from pasting very-large portions of content from other sites, simply paste a relevant snippet and link.

No Shorthand: Please do not use "txting" shorthand in your posts, this is an international site and many people may not understand your post.

Proper Title: Make sure your title properly describes your new thread, and please do not use ALL-CAPS.

edit on 7/11/2012 by tothetenthpower because: Mod edit--Title.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
That is just horrendous - it really is like Nazi Germany or Cold War Russia with the KGB tactics.

Goodbye Freedom - I feel sorry for you Americans - there sure is something ENORMOUS coming when they have to resort to this.

When did they declare war on the people????

S&F This should go viral

edit on 10-7-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

Zis IZ AMEREEECA VEE HAVE VAYS OF MAKING YOU TALK - CHECK POINT CHARLIE

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So, it is just a checkpoint to check for citizenship?

Shut up and deal with it. There is a HUGE illegal immigrant problem in EVERY friggin state. No one is doing anything about it. And that lack of action pisses everyone off.

THEN, when they do take action, but maybe it inconveniences you for a moment, you scream NAZI!!!!!!!!!

Be part of the solution, show your ID and go about your day.

Jeez, it's not like they are trying to book everyone and take DNA samples as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Did you read the comments saying basically this is for your own good?half of the commenters were calling the guy in the video a douche.how some people will bend over and take it never ceases to amaze me.I thought the guy was great,amusing in his bluntness.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Not a lot gives me hope these days, but that young Man standing up for whats right does!

I commute between San Diego and Phoenix once a month, and have to deal with those BS checkpoints twice each way!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

Really? Just show them your papers and move on? Have you had a chance to look at the constitution recently? Amazing, absolutely amazing anyone is okee-dokee with this.

CJ

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by azbowhunter

Shut up and deal with it. There is a HUGE illegal immigrant problem in EVERY friggin state. No one is doing anything about it. And that lack of action pisses everyone off.

THEN, when they do take action, but maybe it inconveniences you for a moment, you scream NAZI!!!!!!!!!

Jeez, it's not like they are trying to book everyone and take DNA samples as well.

I would rather see increased security ON the border, as opposed to many miles away from the border, stopping and questioning every single American citizen driving on the taxpayer funded Interstate.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

If the country is full of immigrants - who the hell let them in - cos they're the ones who should be stopping them without harassing ordinary honest citizens!
This is exactly how your freedom is gradually eroded and you can't see that? Take a look at history and just try and imagine what comes next.

Perhaps you'd like it if everyone had to apply for permission to travel to the next state eh that way you'd have a nice piece of paper that they can check and the immigrants wouldn't have it. Yeah, that would be a good idea

Oh an that way you'd employ people - cos they'd need some one to apply the rubber stamps. Then you could always set up a factory that made little flags that you could sew on your clothing - yeah that would be the way to go about it.

And them bits of paper would bring plenty money in - just think of all the processing and what they could charge for it all - Mr Bankster wouldn't have to struggle anymore.

It would be like a game of Monopoly wouldn't it - if you didn't have your pass, they could say 'Go Straight To Femme' now that would be exciting.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
ya sorry but i have to agree with the above poster, if we want the illegals out of the country the only way to do that is with these checkpoints in border states, it would have taked 2 seconds to show an ID and move along.

i guess you guys just want the illegal imigrants to turn them selves over to the authorities......guess what ? they won't!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Check points bad... Gotcha.

Our freedoms are gradually eroding, or being eroded... Gotcha.

Now then, who's to blame?

Us? Gotcha.

Who elected these officials?

Us? Gotcha.

What are we going to do about it?

Nothing? Likely, unless complaining about qualifies as something... Gotcha.

Until the majority of Americans, or the citizens of any country are willing to get up off their dead ass's and actually do something constructive, it's all useless posturing. We get the gov't. we deserve. If we aren't willing to actually DO something about the problems, we need to shut the hell up and knuckle under, because that's obviously what the majority of us want, right?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

If the country is full of immigrants - who the hell let them in - cos they're the ones who should be stopping them without harassing ordinary honest citizens!
This is exactly how your freedom is gradually eroded and you can't see that? Take a look at history and just try and imagine what comes next.

who let them in???? they hopped a fence. and if you try and stop only the ones who look like illegals then your profiling wich is what the liberals like you complained about wich started all this mess.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blvir

It really amazes me that the few of you who think this guy is being unreasonable to stand up for his freedom is asking for trouble!!!!

How do all of you feel about showing your drivers license to vote???

Come on now, don't be shy! I want to see hypocracy show it's ugly head!

edit on 10-7-2012 by seeker1963 because: took out a word

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.

Those who think showing your papers is a good thing? How about some improved security at the border?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

A few glaringly obvious problems with these checkpoints having any affect whatsoever is falsified documents or even no documents. Do they detain and investigate everyone who left their wallet at home?

Further, what are they doing with the proven illegals? Last I read the federal government isnt doing too well with the whole round'em up and ship'em out task. They're hardly doing it at all. And of those who are shipped out 90% just turn around and come right back.

So what's the point?

As far as I can tell the cost/benefit ratio isnt in the positive realm. This is more of a "let's pacify the idiots" measure than anything else.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hello - How much of your money did they spend on all that modern tech and surveillance - and they can't check your number plate and where you're registered as living or who you are just by pressing a button????

No it's all about creating damn chaos and fear among the citizens so that you accept the # they churn up and a bag full of extra rules and regulations along with domestic drones circling the skies above your head spying on you.

Yes the sheep will be delighted that they have a caring government watching over them like Angels. I can't believe how thick some folks are!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Check points bad... Gotcha.

Our freedoms are gradually eroding, or being eroded... Gotcha.

Now then, who's to blame?

Us? Gotcha.

Who elected these officials?

Us? Gotcha.

What are we going to do about it?

Nothing? Likely, unless complaining about qualifies as something... Gotcha.

Until the majority of Americans, or the citizens of any country are willing to get up off their dead ass's and actually do something constructive, it's all useless posturing. We get the gov't. we deserve. If we aren't willing to actually DO something about the problems, we need to shut the hell up and knuckle under, because that's obviously what the majority of us want, right?

and your

suggestion would be ?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Honestly? Or is that rhetorical? There are any number of solutions... Some a bit more applicable then others, not to mention safer...

It all comes down to getting up from behind the computer screen and getting involved in the process. That's where the solutions lies...not in useless maundering on a computer keyboard.

Voting. Watching how the process of these votings is handled. That means making useful noises people, when something is wrong, or even appears wrong.

Getting good, honest people to run so that we have viable candidates to vote for, instead of more of the same retread stuff we've had for the past, oh, century or so... But that, too, requires that we put forth at least a little effort to discover, encourage, and support them.

The same thing applies to issues. Immigration. The deficit. Or whatever the issue, national or local.

They all involve work and involvement.

If you have the courage of your convictions? Run yourself. I would, but a few too many skeletons. So I'm limited to supporting with my words and money those candidates and issues I agree with.

The solutions are there to be used/found, but only if we're willing to put in the sweat necessary.

There are other solutions, too...

Other solutions are out there as well, though it comes with the likelihood that it'll just create larger problems.

Armed revolt. ...and stringing up the rascals from the nearest tree or lamppost.

But...

Who decides who's a rascal deserving of hanging...or merely someone we disagree with. The one's with the most guns seems the likely answer to that question... Not a good thing, IMHO.

So, it really does come down to peaceful involvement in the voting process, and involvement in all aspects of the aftermath of that voting. Oversight. Oversight. Oversight. Much like a boss oversees his/her employess. Because that's what they are. They... Are... Our... Employees. We've, in our lazy apathy, allowed them to forget that... It's time and past to remind them in no uncertain terms, that we rule them. Not the other way around. They "rule" by our allowance, not through, as some of them obviously think, some divine fiat...

The solutions are self evident, but only useful if we're willing to put in the work.
edit on 7/10/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

WRONG!

You could not possibly be more wrong if you tried to.

If no one is doing anything about the illegal immigration problem, then petition the Federal Government. That is their job to secure our boarders. Not the job of local law enforcement. Local Law Enforcement has NO RIGHT to stop people randomly and ask them to show proof of citizenship. It is one thing if this driver was stopped for speeding or some other type of violation, but that did not happen here. He is driving down the road, minding his own business.

Perhaps you should read the US Constitution sometime. You can start with the 4th Amendment which states

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Stopping random people who are not committing a crime is not being secure in your persons or effects (as a car is a possession), asking someone who has not committed a crime to prove they are a citizen is an unreasonable search. While you are brushing up on the Constitution and Bill or Rights, might I also suggest you stop and carefully read and understand the portions that describe a person's right to travel as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think the best advice is to say "YES" and walk away. They will take down your license place number and note that your defensive toward authority. Lay low.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

WRONG!

You could not possibly be more wrong if you tried to.

If no one is doing anything about the illegal immigration problem, then petition the Federal Government. That is their job to secure our boarders. Not the job of local law enforcement. Local Law Enforcement has NO RIGHT to stop people randomly and ask them to show proof of citizenship. It is one thing if this driver was stopped for speeding or some other type of violation, but that did not happen here. He is driving down the road, minding his own business.

Perhaps you should read the US Constitution sometime. You can start with the 4th Amendment which states

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Stopping random people who are not committing a crime is not being secure in your persons or effects (as a car is a possession), asking someone who has not committed a crime to prove they are a citizen is an unreasonable search. While you are brushing up on the Constitution and Bill or Rights, might I also suggest you stop and carefully read and understand the portions that describe a person's right to travel as well.

I live in AZ. We have been told to pretty much go to hell by our Government.

We also have lots of check points for DUI/DWI drivers. Should I complain about that too?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join