It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help Promoting a Highly Ambitious Project.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm very new to publishing anything online other than simple replies in forums much like this. For years I have debated and thought of attempting to form a brand new nation. After years of thought and trying to figure out exactly what I would need to do in order to accomplish such a goal I decided to make a serious attempt at it. So on Sunday I made my first ever video using a simple windows movie maker. This video promoted the planned country and some of the things people could expect from it. I also created a website that I am also working on while I type this out.

The problem is, I don't know how to promote this idea and get it spread around. Part of the goals I need to first accomplish before the new country can be established is an annual income of $7 million. To accomplish this I plan to purchase Apartment Complexes as Foreign Investments of the country and not of myself. To purchase the Apartments I need to get investors or at the very least about $1 million in donations, would prefer investors.

So ATS how do I go about promoting this highly ambitions undertaking on a very large scale? I've already posted on Youtube and plan on making more Promo like videos.

Please don't leave the negative comments saying this can't be done, they are not constructive and a waste of time.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
First and foremost, you should seek permission from the ATS staff to post links here on ATS. =]

I love the idea, and I love the seriousness with which you are approaching it. I truly do hope for your success, what's your immigration policy?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
should i wire the money straight to your lagos account.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Gonna be honest, I have no idea what a Lagos account is.
edit on 10-7-2012 by fuzzy0087 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

With a new country with next to no citizens the immigration policy will be very lax at first just to build up a population.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well, I'll hope you understand I'm rather skeptical beyond words on the overall concept. You've left so much out of what would need to be planned out as basic framework. Not least of which....does this nation have land and if so, where? Who or what is it being removed from in national sovereignty to establish yours? Serious questions and I'm curious. Your idea may not be unique but you sound surprisingly determined so I'm interested.

As far as promotion. If I might make a suggestion. Google up Autoplay Media Studio or My Autoplay as two examples. These are programs that will let you bundle your video into a real flashy and sexy interface and an .exe file like a real program. You can include docs, pics and a wide variety of other material and make it an auto playing demo-disc to distribute. Buy the discs in bulk and buy printable white blanks so you can literally print the disk face for no more in ink than a cheesy stick-on label would take. The effect is very professional and the printer I use is just a regular consumer printer that happens to have a disc tray as part of what it'll print for media. Disks in bulk are dirt cheap with a little shopping around.

Just my contribution to your effort. Good luck on it!

edit on 10-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuzzy0087
reply to post by michael1983l

Gonna be honest, I have no idea what a Largos account is.

Do you even have an account already established for your project. If you are looking for serious investors, they'll want to see a solid business prospectus. What type of personal funds do you already have in hand.

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Had to add this thought. With investors, won't they want a say in this new government/nation. How will it be any different from what we have now. We're in a sticky situation from investors now.

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

www.youtube.com...

This video if it works explains things such as land and framework that I addressed. I do plan on making more videos that will hopefully answer more questions in time.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The type of investors I'm looking for care about one thing, getting their money back along with interest. As for my own personal finance, I've set up a paypal account that I have been dropping what I can at the end of the month into and that is the starting point.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
No offense, but I haven't laughed so hard at a website in a long time. This has to be the most half-baked, hackneyed junk since the Ugandan Space Program.

The website says "The most profitable way to generate funds for the country is through owning apartment complexes". That's hilarious on so many levels I consider it to be modern art.

Come on Fuzzy, are you just low on grocery money? You can tell us.

On a side note, I have my own project where I'm starting a new universe. I need donations to buy some Hardee's chain locations because that's best way to raise funds. Anyone interested?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Like I said other than posting on forums my internet experience is very limited, that includes making flashy videos and websites that attract millions of people daily.

And don't insult my personal finances, I work 3 jobs to support my family because I readily refuse to get assistance from taxpayers through the various programs that hand people money for sitting on their asses.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuzzy0087

Like I said other than posting on forums my internet experience is very limited, that includes making flashy videos and websites that attract millions of people daily.

And don't insult my personal finances, I work 3 jobs to support my family because I readily refuse to get assistance from taxpayers through the various programs that hand people money for sitting on their asses.

Where then will you have the time to establish a new nation...this is a serious question. I can't help but think you are so overwhelmed with just life, the *thought* of a place where all those worries would just go away, is filling your mind.

You should start with something a little more realistic...like a commune. jmoho...

Des

edit on 10-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
For those of you who are sitting there laughing at the video and the website, don't waste your time bashing it. Just because I'm not a tech wiz, a expert on foreign policy, or a scientist doesn't mean I'm just going to give up on something because it was too hard. Sure I can't make a website, but that doesn't mean I don't have the drive or vision to create a nation.

So even if I can't get the funding I need through an investor or donations, I'll still find a way to make this work. Because if I don't find a way, then who will? The world needs a country like Atlantis. A country that doesn't care if it pisses of the Oil companies by developing technology that leaves oil as useless as dirt. A country that is willing to fund progress rather than fund war. A country that sets its sites on exploring the galaxy for the sake of all mankind.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fuzzy0087

Look, I can appreciate your sentiments and your desire to take a seemingly implausible notion in today's modern world and make it a possibility to be considered. The truth is that there's "thinking outside of the box" and then there's pipe-dreaming.

The impracticality of this idea is paramount on so many levels, it's hard to know where to begin if one were compelled to discuss it.

Well, here's a start. Your "nation" must have land, which means you will have to acquire land from an existing nation. Suppose you obtain a large enough parcel in Utah to be considered significant, then declare the existence and independence of your new "nation" to the government.

Exactly how long do you think that would last? If you're going to do that, at least do it in a civilized country where you'll be taken into custody, given a trial for treason, and get to think about what went wrong with your plan from the comfort of a prison cell.

If you do it in South America, they'll just kill you and the entire population of your new "nation" before dinner time.

Good luck with your endeavors!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The whole point of gaining an Annual income of $7 million was so that an agreement can be negotiated with an existing nation. I would begin with Canada as it has the most available empty land.

Just because an idea is implausible doesn't mean its impossible. Our only limitations are the ones we create.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
In an effort to stay grounded with this, 7 million won't buy some of the larger high dollar estates and mansions around Canada's largest cities. Canada wouldn't even sit down with someone over a land transfer with actual rights attached for that kind of money. I'm not sure Bill Gates has enough for the kind of 'purchase' you are talking about.

There is one option I've heard of in a serious way, but it leaves little for what you have in mind. There are literal islands for sale around the world and in the hey days of the real estate madness, numerous agents specialized in selling them as I recall USA Today reporting a number of times. 7 million may very well buy one and perhaps even a decent size one, but with size would come the trade off of being somewhere in Oceania or some similarly isolated area.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I did find i think it was 70,000 or maybe it was 90,000 acres in Canada for sale for only $2mil from the owner. After the purchase from the owner it would just be a matter of negotiating with the governing body in Canada to see if they would be willing to make a deal.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fuzzy0087

Well, I'll say that it sounds like you've done a bit of homework, to be sure. I don't know about what deals could be made but isolation and money talks a lot in any nation I imagine. I'll say that I've talked to a couple different people over the years who were apparently setting up communities similar to what you are suggesting, although without the idea of true separation as a nation. I didn't hear from or see them around much afterward so I imagine it worked out for each of them to some degree anyway.

I have to admire your determination and enthusiasm. That can do surprising things all by itself sometimes.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
As an update, the Nation of Atlantis is now accepting citizens in order to increase the GDP at a faster rate. All citizens that register before the country is a physical place will not be given any immigration documentation fees.

new topics

top topics

join