It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US lawmaker asks Tuvalu to stop reflagging Iran oil tankers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
af.reuters.com

A prominent U.S. lawmaker has asked the small South Pacific island nation Tuvalu to stop reflagging Iranian oil tankers and warned its government of the risks of running afoul of U.S. sanctions.

The European Union banned Iranian oil imports as well as providing insurance for vessels carrying Iranian oil on July 1, and the United States has new economic sanctions that have curbed Iranian oil imports by most other major nations.

Reflagging ships masks their ownership, which could make it easier for Iran to obtain insurance and financing for the cargoes, as well as find buyers for the shipm
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

www.orlandosentinel.com
e dit on 10-7-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The World Police just won't stop. They are bullying the whole world into submission when it comes to the Iranian oil issue. They are relentless with these sanctions and will threaten any nation that does not follow it's orders.

Now they are threatening the small country of Tuvalu with EU and US sanctions simply for reflagging Iranian ships which is a common thing in maritime travels.

Iran is going to sell it's oil whether the war mongers like it or not so these sanctions (acts of war) against Iran seem to be the only option for these corrupt people who are hellbent on making Iran suffer for not giving into the West's demands until they decide to actually go through with the strike.

I say it's time to slap sanctions on the real terrorists.

af.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
In all fairness to all sides here or to put it another way....to scrape all the fluff away and get right to the heart of the matter, they aren't being brave or even being independent and they deserve a hand slap on this. If a nation wants to plant their feet and stand tall while they tell the U.S. to go climb a rope on this sanction business like some Asian nations did before they recently changed their tune for whatever reasons, then I respect them. That is taking a stand and it means something.

These guys are re-flagging ships to pull a sneaky one. Given the near God-like command of total observation the U.S. now has of the world's oceans to know what ship IS what ship with history to it, it's not just annoying, it's insulting too. lol... I'd love to see them take a public stand though.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I believe Iran should be able to reflag it's ships if necessary to continue with the commerce that is required to run their country. My opinion is that these sanctions are unfair so they are entitled to "pull a sneaky one" when in reality it's not that sneaky since many other countries do this within maritime law. I guess these sanctions throw a monkey wrench into things but it's evident that certain entities will do whatever necessary to weaken the country of Iran.

Many people disagree with me on this but I believe unfair sanctions to be an act of war and Iran has been handling themselves quite well over the last few years considering all they have been put through. Not that that wasn't enough, but now the West feels obligated to threaten any nation that cooperates with Iran, which is another form of aggression in my opinion.

They are obviously trying to weaken Iran to the point where it cannot defend itself.

ETA: I always get a kick when you throw in rabbit humor into your posts

(This time it was something about fluff)
edit on 10-7-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Tuvalu should tell US lawmakers to mind their own damn business.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Then the US and the wWest would take away that aid money.
edit on 10-7-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Then the US and the wWest would take away that aid money.
edit on 10-7-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

US gives 50K in aid for Tuvalu

I'm sure Iran isn't that cheap.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Exactly. Why play the games? Just take a side, take a stand and do it in the open. If they feel so strongly about taking a side in this conflict over sanctions, it shouldn't be that much to ask,

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It must be driving them crazy that Iran hasn't done anything in retaliation. What's real is that Iran could do something because the US and EU are doing so much to them that if they retaliated it would not be them iniatating, however the people of the world don't "see" sanctions so it would look like Iran had attacked.

I wonder what we are doing to the people of Iran with these sanctions. We don't even have proof they want to make a bomb, but if they did it's because countries with the bomb don't get attacked and taken over.

I just don't understand the obsession with Iran when North Korea is far more dangerous. NK is an actual military dictatorship that is letting it's people starve so it can make nukes. The people of Iran live pretty normal modern lives as far as I have seen.

I really don't think Iran will ever strike, they are making Israel/US make the first move. If Israel wasn't so nutty, and our country hadn't gotten how it is I think Islam would tame out and Mid Eastern countries would get along with the west. We are setting the M.E. up to be an actual terrorist hotspot by destroying the governments and industry and then leaving.

The next few decades we will see waaay more actual terrorists compared to the fictional one of the 2000's. We have created a hot bed for them in Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, and next Syria and Iran. Countries which really didn't produce terrorists like the media would lead you to believe.

Nawm'sayin'?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Given that Tuvalu will be submerged because our industrialised countries make the sea levels rise...if I were Tuvalu, I'd show the US the finger and do everything I could to make some $$$ before my country goes down.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I agree with pretty much everything you said. If Iran were to retaliate it would have probably happened by now due to all the bullying they have put through over the last few decades. They have been demonized in every way possible and they still keep their cool.

North Korea is a much bigger threat to world peace but they are for the most part left under the radar even though they constantly make violent preemptive threats against their neighbors meanwhile Iran's rhetoric is always of a defensive nature. If Iran is talking smack it's always in regards to what will happen if they are attacked. They are not going around threatening countries like US and Israel are.

I think you make a good point where you point out that we may actually have some real terrorists compared to the manufactured organizations that the CIA/Mossad have created for their own personal agendas. Places like Libya and now Syria are running rampant with real terrorists who are nothing more than hired mercenaries.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ah , i see. So youre mad at the West because we protect our interest? I see. Glad you arent in government. Actually youd never make it , nothing to worry about there.

On the other hand , a psychopathic government with a psychopathic military to boast , you dont want them any where around Nuclear Warheads. They can wipe Isreal , a key U.S ally , off the face of the map.

I have a feeling the original poster and usa_agent_supporter are financed by the same radical islamist group ... or this is his second account or they both are financed by Iran.
edit on 11-7-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What is the big deal about flags and insurance? If you are going to be a rogue nation, then go ahead and run the jolly roger up the flag pole and say to hell with insurance.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Israel has had nuclear weapons for a long time now. They probably have enough to destroy the whole region. Don't you think their neighbors need parity to defend themselves from this racist, war mongering nation?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

I have a feeling the original poster and usa_agent_supporter are financed by the same radical islamist group ... or this is his second account or they both are financed by Iran.

Or maybe they are just people with an opinion that differs from yours. Who are you financed by?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Ah , i see. So youre mad at the West because we protect our interest? I see. Glad you arent in government. Actually youd never make it , nothing to worry about there.

On the other hand , a psychopathic government with a psychopathic military to boast , you dont want them any where around Nuclear Warheads. They can wipe Isreal , a key U.S ally , off the face of the map.

I'm not mad at all, you're emotion sensor must be out of whack just like your thought processes are. Protecting your interests...no. Playing world police/bully...yes.

On the other hand , a psychopathic government with a psychopathic military to boast , you dont want them any where around Nuclear Warheads.

Surely you must mean the United States and Israel.

I'm a white non religious Canadian with an enlightened outlook on the geo-political climate in which we exist that can filter through all the BS that people such as yourself chow down on a daily basis.

Bon Appetite mon ami

I can't speak directly for Agent Usa Supporter, but judging by his post history I'm willing to bet that he falls in to the same boat as I do. Heck, if I could get paid for pointing out the obvious hypocrisy from nations such as Israel and the United States I would gladly accept payment. I do this purely for entertainment purposes.

It also entertains me to see people such as yourself get bent out of shape from realizing that the blind nationalistic pride you were raised on was nothing more than a carefully fabricated facade. I don't blame you for being upset once you found out that everything you were told was a lie.

I pity you.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Hm , you and usa_agent_supporter are both from Canada. Again. Either the same person , funded by radical Islam , or Iran.

Ill stop posting because i have nothing to contribute to this thread. Just stating , the two most adamite people who hate America are from Canada. So just seems fishy is all , could be a coincidence. I also find it fishy how you and usa_agent_supporter post NOTHING but sublimal hate threads about America.
-----

I am not bent out of shape , i am doing my best not to mock or make ' fun ' of you for my own entertainment and making myself look bad to others and breaking the forum rules.

The things i would say about Mohammad and Allah to you , alas , the forums have rules.

Honestly , you seem like a Robot , like i mentioned to usa_agent_supporter , you don't even seem human and neither does he. There is nothing but conspiracy and half-truths in your threads / post.

----

We are trying not to have to bomb Iran back to the stone age with sanctions. If they truly only wanted Nuclear Generated cities , they wouldnt mind us investigating their Nuclear Plants. Hell , if some one thought i had a Meth Factory in my house ... i would let them in to prove i do not.

Also , your country being ran by one of the founders / supporters of modern radical Islam ... doesnt help Iran's situation.

----

Any way , have a nice life living under the shadow of the United States.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

How exactly is Israel a "key ally"? They're only costing US tax payers money

Also, funny how you call Iran a psychopath, yet you completely ignore the FACT that the US invaded another country under false pretences...and didn't leave even after discovering what nonsense their cause was. Did Iran attack anyone on the same scale the US did? Are they blowing up scientists merely because they work in particle physics?

No they aren't...that would be the US and Israel. At this point, the US is pretty much Israel's lap dog. If Israel says "jumps", the US says "how high?". Hell, even the Israeli congress believes the Iran fear mongering is NUTS. They aren't an existential threat, just like North Korea isn't an existential threat.

But whatever, let's just ignore the facts, shall we?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Hm , you and usa_agent_supporter are both from Canada. Again. Either the same person , funded by radical Islam , or Iran.

Your paranoid delusions are quite entertaining

Thank you for making my work day a little more interesting

Ill stop posting because i have nothing to contribute to this thread.

That's probably a good idea, it might save you some embarrassment.

Just stating , the two most adamite people who hate America are from Canada.

First off, I don't hate America. In fact, I lived there for 5 years and have many American friends whom I still speak to so your assumption of me being an "American hater" is a perfect example of you being incapable of accepting the fact that people may have different opinions due to different perceptions which may come from different life experience.

You need to understand that your government is corrupt and evil, and it doesn't give a damn about you. As long as people like you continue to support their atrocities your murderous government will thrive. If it makes you feel any better, the people who are running Canada are no better and I consider them just as guilty as your government.

You have a lot to learn and for your sake I hope you seek this knowledge before it's too late. One day you will thank me. Until then, you're welcome

Honestly , you seem like a Robot , like i mentioned to usa_agent_supporter , you don't even seem human and neither does he. There is nothing but conspiracy and half-truths in your threads / post.

You must have a real hard on for me and Agent USA supporter. Do you think of us while you are out living your daily life? Do we govern your every thought?

American Exceptionalism has caused a certain percentage of your citizens to automatically label anyone who differs in opinion as a robot or shill. I don't know what else to say other than good luck and I hope you get the help you desperately need.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

How would you feel about Iran inspecting all US nuclear sites? Just asking

Let me guess, you also believe the Muslim brotherhood is infiltrating the US government

edit on 11-7-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join