It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Rolls Out Kenya Propaganda Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

White House Rolls Out Kenya Propaganda Plan

Aims to 'groom' journalists for favorable coverage from Nairobi to New York
By Steve Peacock, U.S. Trade & Aid Monitor, reprinted with permission from WND July 7, 2012
www.tradeaidmonitor.com...

Now that the Obama administration is pouring vast amounts of money into Kenya, it’s going to need some help selling its spending to the people.

WND has discovered the U.S. Agency for International Development has devised a sophisticated scheme to sway public opinion on U.S. “investments” in the African nation, including strategies to “groom” targeted journalists for favorable media coverage.

Several months ago, I would have dismissed this as mere Obama-baiting. But there's a pattern -- a solid connection between governmental initiatives. There's more:

According to a Statement of Work for the USAID/Kenya program-support initiative – which WND located through routine database research – the agency acknowledges the level of U.S.-financed Kenyan operations has outpaced Washington’s ability to adequately manage it.

“All levels of personnel ceilings are constrained by a limited U.S. government footprint in Kenya,” the SOW says. “In order to address these constraints, certain project development and program office functions … have been identified for delivery through external contracting.

A prior article, Obama's Spending Grows 'Exponentially' in Kenya spells out -- using USAID's own words -- how the Kenyan programs have gotten so big that the Obama administration needs contractors to help existing contractors.

I sincerely doubt that Kenya -- whose U.S. foreign aid package had more than doubled from Bush to Obama -- is getting these resources simply to fight Somalian pirates while propping up poor Kenyan farmers.

Is it possible that such activities shed light on Obama's connection to Kenya? Not just funds and contracts, but a documented, sophisticated plan is in place to (further) manipulate the media is taking place.

Is the Obama-Kenya connection bigger -- and deeper -- than some of us previously were willing to believe?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I doubt it has any real Obama-Kenyan connection but I just see it as the US trying to put a foot through the door of nations it has a stragetic or resource interest in as the US is nervous about China's physical presence in Africa.

If the US ignores Africa China is going balls deep.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Kenya is a key US ally in Africa. It is vital to not only anti piracy but to getting Somalia cleaned up and keeping the radicals out. It is also vital to keeping tha part of the world stable for US trade. Having spent time their on the government dime many times during the 90s I can say the US and Kenya have been working togther for a very long time before Obama,

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There must be diamonds in Kenya.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Obama Kenyan connection?

Yeah, genetically he's half Kenyan. What are we supposed to be seeing?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Here he is flushing money down the crapper with Kenya when he could be using it to keep American families in their homes.

top topics

join