It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do 'debunkers' devote so much time to defending the Official 9/11 story??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Why do 'debunkers' devote so much time to defending the Official 9/11 story ??

These are just a few curious questions asking why you 'debunkers' devote so many man hours to the OS cause.

If any members that disbelieve the OS have any similar questions for 'debunkers', then please join in and fire away.

It would be very interesting to see what each different 'debunker' has to say about why they are here, and why they spend so much time 'debunking' on 9/11 forums, and so much time defending the OS??.

This is not a thread asking why 'truthers' are here, anyone is welcome to make their own thread if they are not able to work that out themselves, it should be fairly obvious that 'truthers' disbelieve the OS.[/]

Some questions for 'debunkers'

What are 'debunker's' motives for being on 9/11 forums

'Debunkers' what are you motives for devoting so much time to arguing with 'truthers'

Some of you have spent many hours on 9/11 forums each day for years, constantly guarding the official reports, why would anyone bother to do that, if you believe the OS is correct?

If the OS is as sound and correct as you always claim, then why the need to keep telling people?

Why are you on a 9/11 'conspiracy theory' websites if you believe the OS?

Why would you care to 'debunk' anything if the OS stands up for itself?

Why would you care what a 9/11 'conspiracy theorist 'or 'truther' says if the OS is correct?

If the OS was so water tight then surely you would not be worried about what 9/11 'conspiracy theorists' think?

Why do you spend so much time on 9/11 forums if there is nothing for you to gain?

Feel free to pose your own questions to 'debunkers'

Stay on topic, have fun, and fire away.....

edit on 10-7-2012 by thegameisup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
the world awaits alfies & good ol daves comments on this

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Think of it as testing and refining 'the truth' in the fiery furnace of my skepticism

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hopefully they are paid. If not I feel sorry for them. I can't imagine hanging out in the 911 forum and just the 911 forum all the time like good ole dave and hooper do.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
maybe the debunkers FEAR the truth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thegameisup

'Debunkers' what are you motives for devoting so much time to arguing with 'truthers'

While we are at it.

'Truthers', what are your motives for making up so much contradicting bullcrap that every point that might have been had is completely drowned out?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You kind of have to spend an equal amount of time arguing with them in order to know how much arguing is going on. Which means that the truthers are spending just as much time arguing.

So why are the truthers arguing so much?
edit on 10-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Why is anyone still arguing over 9.11? None of you will never know what really happened. Get over it.

It's like arguing over who shot Kennedy....

Even though truthers believe some of the most goofy things, I think most debunkers are here to thank themselves for not being so gullible.

edit on 10-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Cause we are on a conspiracy site and thats what you are supposed to do here?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

While we are at it.

'Truthers', what are your motives for making up so much contradicting bullcrap that every point that might have been had is completely drowned out?

i think the deluge of "contradicting bullcrap" is a direct result of the sheer gratuitous nature of the Incidents of 9/11, and the US Government's extremely poor handling of said Incidents.

the amount of blatant obfuscations, unanswered questions, the sham of a Commission report, the use of the Incidents to bully the US into war, etc. etc. etc; all of this creates a ripe atmosphere to conjure such "contradicting bullcrap". it practically begs for it.

so you cannot blame those who are desperate to find any semblance of sanity in this heap of insanity for grasping at a few straws. in the absence of stark truths, we humans are certainly prone to a few flights of fancy. but, as an earlier poster stated: the Debunkers are here to run the Truthers through the crucibles of facts and science and (hopefully) weed out some of the more outlandish theories spawned in the void. that, to me, seems the proper Debunker's task, and i thank them for such a thankless task.

but i assure you, so long as the Powers That Be keep peddling the ridiculous OS, those hungry for the truth will keep sifting through the rubble. and if they come upon some Bullcrap here and there... well, what's that saying - One Person's Trash is Another's Treasure.

one day, perhaps we will know the truth. it may not be what either the Truthers or the Debunkers have ever imagined.

but it certainly won't be exactly the Story we've been told... because that Story is truly a bunch of Contradicting Bullcrap.
edit on 10-7-2012 by mythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Then why complain because the other people are doing it?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by mayabong

Then why complain because the other people are doing it?

Because they get on my nerves.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Even though truthers believe some of the most goofy things, I think most debunkers are here to thank themselves for not being so gullible.

And what "goofy things" would that be? Here's an idea: try typing "laser beams" into the search function and see who is constantly talking about them. I'll give you a hint..it's not "truthers" .

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

While we are at it.

This thread is about the motives of 'debunkers' not 'truther's.

'Truthers' have a real motive to find out what really happened, because we disbelieve the official story.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Why is anyone still arguing over 9.11? None of you will never know what really happened. Get over it.

your response reeks of apathy.

no social injustice should ever be "gotten over"... especially if it is one that has potentially been manufactured by one's own Government.

sheesh...

edit on 10-7-2012 by mythos because: type-o

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
You kind of have to spend an equal amount of time arguing with them in order to know how much arguing is going on. Which means that the truthers are spending just as much time arguing.

So why are the truthers arguing so much?
edit on 10-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You are not on topic, the topic is about 'debunker's' motives.

We have a motive to find the truth, because we disbeleive the OS.

What is your motive?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I've tweaked the OP slightly, to clarify things more clearly.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I am not necessarily a debunker, per se. I follow the evidence and comment when the con artists try to snooker the readers on technical points. There are many who are just ignorant and some who wish to profit. I don't believe anyone who sells CD's for the "cause." Their cause is cash for themselves from the good intentioned and gullible.
I went after the red paint thermite claim, a case of concentrated inconsistencies, because none of the authors of the paper are competent chemists.
I correct misconceptions about demolitions when I see them posted. Explosives work not by blowing things up but by removing supports and letting gravity take things down. Thermite doesn't work as a demolition material unless only one cut can initate a collapse.
I disagree with the claims of Richard Gage and can only hope that he hasn't designed any building I enter. He is a cash hound feeding on the desires of those who want a conspiracy.
The missile claims are all readily rebutted but many don't realize that airliners full of fuel are probably the most destructive non-nuclear cruise missiles available. The theories about airliners being remotely flown and passengers killed elsewhere are generated by people who have no experience with complex plans and are completely out of touch with reality. The plans must be simple and must not have any evidence of the conspiracy. Letting it happen is the simplest and most foolproof plan. If you really want a conspiracy involving the government, you can always claim that the government let things happen or even instigated the attack. All that is lacking is evidence for such.
My position is that the government conspiracy is the covering up of the incompetence and infighting of the GWBush cronies appointed to head the agencies who were charged with defending us. Rank and file Federal employees warned their superiors only to have their warnings ignored.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

While we are at it.

no, my friends, muddying the waters is disinfo 101

muddy the waters idioms.thefreedictionary.com...
to make a situation more confusing He's just trying to muddy the waters so we won't notice all the bad things he's done.
Usage notes: sometimes used with a modifier: The controversy has muddied the social waters of communities throughout this region.
Related vocabulary: muck something up

not everyone who claims to be a "truther" is one

a brief sojourn into the deconstructing disinformation forum might not be remiss?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Why do I spend time here?

Well first, the motto of ATS is Deny Ignorance. And yet, not a day goes by that someone who does not believe that it was Osama and his merry band of murderers who did it, posts the most uninformed (ignorant) things.

Osama and the hijackers were untrained, uneducated cavemen........reality is, most of the hijackers were well educated and trained.

Osama only appeared in 2001...reality, he made the news way back in 1990, when he pitched a fit about the United States deploying to Saudi Arabia....then there were the slew of terrorist attacks he was implicated in throughout the 90s.

Rumsfeld announced that 2.3 trillion dollars was missing from the Pentagon piggy bank and then blew the building up the next day....reality, the 2.3, was in reference to accounting reconciliations, not missing money, and had been reported on numerous times before Rumsfeld was SecDef.

The Pentagon is heavily defended, and guarded by anti-aircraft missile batteries....reality was that the Pentagon had NO aerial defense, the location of Reagan National would have treated us to airliners being shot down any time a missed approach overflew the Pentagon.

Marvin Bush was in charge of security at the WTC....reality, he had been on the board of a company that had a contract to install security systems....but he left the company in early 2000.

Those are just a sample of the crap that gets posted again and again on ATS....normally as the latest "smoking gun" by people too lazy to do some honest research. That's why I spend time here, trying to make sure people actually research things for themselves, rather than swallowing everything that comes from Avery, Jones, Gage, Ryan, et al.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join