It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order -- Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Executive Order -- Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions

www.whitehouse.gov

From Slashdot's summary

President Obama has issued a new executive order: 'Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions.' EPIC reports: 'The Executive Order grants new powers to the Department of Homeland Security, including the ability to collect certain public communications information.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.zdnet.com< br /> www.fas.org
www.canadafreepress.com
[url=http://www.extremetech.com/computing/132585-us-president-issues-executive-order-that-gives-him-control-of-the-internet]www.extremetech.com[/url ]

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wow, this is ridiculous! I really don't know what to say to this... It seems like it's just one thing after another recently.

The Secretary of Homeland Security shall: … satisfy priority communications requirements through the use of commercial, Government, and privately owned communications resources, when appropriate.

In the case of a kill switch, it would require some 8,000 US ISPs (yes, there are that many) to comply with the President, or to attach their core infrastructure to a remotely-accessible power switch. The other option, of course, would be for the ISPs to install a physical switch at the White House, where, in case of emergency or crisis, the President could shut down the internet by gleefully mashing dozens of buttons at a time with his big hands.

Please take a look at the related news links for more information.

www.whitehouse.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
no matter how bad a crisis is; if the internet is shut down they will have a much worse crisis on their hands. many people won't be able to function without it, and truly might "lose it"

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

I wonder it this had anything to do with Mondays 'TEST" to scan for internet virus the FBI did.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

I think there may be one or two others I'm missing.

Use search

Cheers

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdonNiedtuno
Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

I think there may be one or two others I'm missing.

Use search

Cheers

I was going to point out the other threads...but you beat me to it!...lol As for the executive order...I really don't know what to think - as yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!
edit on Tue Jul 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join