It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Double Standard of Christian Terrorism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Then please explain why the primary target of Islamic extremists is other Muslims?

Even during the height of the Iraq war more innocent Iraqis died from sectarian violence than from US weapons.

What does that tell you?

It tells me that extremists of any religious or political ilk have a certain set of goals that pertain to their agenda, and if they can get away with murder, they will.

I get it, this thread is about Christian terrorism. Which spans everything from abortion bombers in the US to nutjobs in Norway killing kids.

Extremism in any flavor is repugnant.
edit on 10-7-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Micmerci but that's my exact point. That he's a terrorist who is using Christian propaganda to justify his terrorism. I am not saying that his viewpoint is indicative of Christianity.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

So then we are like minded.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Religious extremeism is just a religious person trying to alter reality to justify his beliefs. Thats all it is.

Any type of extreme behavior (religious or otherwise) is simply a person trying to take control of their personal situation by manipulating others.

The ignorant always try to control things this way, because they think they have some great need or purpose in life. Whether in the desert, the ghetto or the government, this is where all the trouble begins - with human ego.

There is no great need - there is only life and death, which IS everything, but nothing we can ever master.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

That's a good question and one I don't have an answer too. However I think one key in your reply was "during" the Iraq war why did this happen. Well have you thought what may have happened if the occupying forces weren't there?

I have never lived in a war zone or an occupied territory, so I don't believe I am qualified to speak about what people do while under siege to survive or how it affects internal politics of nations at war.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So what was the REAL reason that Anders Breivik killed all of those people?

Did he do it in the name of Jesus?

Did he do it because he thought his God commanded him to do it?

What is the REAL reason behind the deaths of 270 million innocent people who have been killed by the "religion of peace" AKA Islam?

My belief is that satan and the Illuminati are behind ALL false religions and uses them as a mask to hide behind and wipe out as many souls as possible. NOTHING else can explain it because it makes NO sense whatsoever.

This ALSO explains WHY the primary target of Islamic extremists is other Muslims as well.

All of the diabolical things done throughout history by religions has turned countless billions AWAY from God which is nothing more than a massive stealth plan against God and humanity.

edit on 10-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Read his manifesto. He spells it out plainly. Did you even read my OP? He definitely used Christianity (and Islamophobia) to justify his killing.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Indeed.

But sectarian violence was waiting around the corner anyway. Iran had been trying to infiltrate Iraq for many years and breakup the Sunni rule in order to establish another Shiite state. The Shiites are the majority in Iraq, and organizations like the Mahdi Army were well received..In essence we handed Iraq over to the Iranians and now much of the terrorism that is being experienced in Iraq is coming from Sunnis who are angered by the Shiite majority.

The Sunni/Shiite conflict has been going on a very long time with or without us it would have spiraled out of control anyway. The only reason it died down was because US boots kicked down doors of both sects and arrested or killed anyone with terrorist intent. Most, however were were Sunni.

I hate to drag this thread into an Islamic sectarian debate. Because it is not. But if you want a Christian parallel to this story look no further than the Protestant/Catholic fighting in Ireland that continues to this day.
edit on 10-7-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

Read his manifesto. He spells it out plainly. Did you even read my OP? He definitely used Christianity (and Islamophobia) to justify his killing.

I have read it twice, I still have not seen the real motive behind his killings.

WHY did he do it?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This double standard exists because the western governments and the MSM wants to paint a certain picture of terrorism. Terrorism being the main 'fear' of the 21st century, the people in power want to use this fear to further their agenda (Be it political or money driven).

Terrorists can't be white or Christian, because terrorism comes from brown countries with brown beliefs and brown religions. It's this perpetual cycle of fear that is instilled into the western psyche which is in turn used against the western world to get them to back wars and conflicts that they should have no part of.

The governments of the western world use terrorism in it's most basic form (Manipulation and control of the fears of a populace) to further themselves.

It's a disgusting cycle.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SnedsDawg

It's counterproductive to ignore one extremist and focus on the other.

Extremism is a product of poor education and manipulation.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

"Breivik confessed and stated that the purpose of the attack was to save Norway and Western Europe from a Muslim takeover, and that the Labour Party had to "pay the price" for "letting down Norway and the Norwegian people"

Wikipedia

On his Facebook profile, Breivik described himself as a Christian but he is anything BUT a Christian according to the Wikipedia entry:

"The manifesto states its author is "100 percent Christian", but he is not "excessively religious"[3] and considers himself a "cultural Christian" and a "modern-day crusader".

His manifesto states "I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie", calls religion a crutch and a source for drawing mental strength, and says "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment"; regarding the term "cultural Christian" which he says means preserving European culture, he notes "It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy...)"

Furthermore, Breivik stated that "myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God." Nevertheless, he stated that he planned to pray to God seeking for his help during his attacks

Wikipedia

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Based on your response, I'm convinced you didn't even bother to read my OP. It seems you saw "Christian terrorism" and noticed the name of Anders Breivik and then had a knee-jerk reaction to distance yourself from him and him from Christianity.

You actually proved the point of my OP.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

Based on your response, I'm convinced you didn't even bother to read my OP. It seems you saw "Christian terrorism" and noticed the name of Anders Breivik and then had a knee-jerk reaction to distance yourself from him and him from Christianity.

You actually proved the point of my OP.

So now that it's obvious that this is more about "Muslim terrorism" than it is about "Christian terrorism" all you can do is attack others that refuse to believe the religious lies?

And what actually WAS the point of your OP?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The reason they distance themselves is because when someone claiming to be a Christian does something like that, all the Christians know that he isn't a Christian. When a islamic person does it, they cheer in unison.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

No. It's about the "double standard" of Christian terrorism. Just as the OP says. If you bothered to read it you would know what the point was. It's spelled out plainly. I think it's absolutely ludicrous that if Anders Breivik had been named Muhammad Breivik and mentioned the advancement of Islam over the dangers of Western Christianity as his reasoning for his actions, even if he self-proclaimed that he was not a devout Muslim, he would be labelled a terrorist without a second thought by the MSM. But when a White Christian does it, people try to sweep it under the rug and label him crazy or a psychopath. They never label the person a terrorist even when what they did was clearly terrorism by definition.

All of this was clearly spelled out in the OP if you had bothered to read it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

The reason they distance themselves is because when someone claiming to be a Christian does something like that, all the Christians know that he isn't a Christian. When a islamic person does it, they cheer in unison.

That's not true. You are stereotyping.

For one you think there aren't "Christians" who applaud the actions of people like Breivik, the Hutaree, or Tim McVeigh? For two you think Muslims don't reject terrorist actions performed in the name of Islam? You are wrong on both accounts.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The idea of violent jihad is taken from the Koran, it is an essential part of it. It is not widely rejected by governments, leaders, or the people.

Breivik was certified as nuts by psychiatrists and his manifesto included the idea that he wasn't religious at all. The thing was 1,500 pages long for crying out loud. He probably condemned everybody and said he believed everything.

Because a person is Christian or Muslim and does a bad thing there is no surprise, everybody does bad things. But Christians (I don't know, there may be a few) who are in their right minds don't look in the New Testament and find "subdue or kill or enslave the infidel."

The ideas that the two religions preach the same position on violence, and that the violent results are the same in them, are silly ideas that show a lack of discernment and renders the holder's other opinions highly suspect.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Do you have any proof that he was a christian or are you just guessing like everyone else?
The burden of proof lies with you, especially with such a huge implication such as this.
So?

edit: I find it strange that you listed loughner and other on your list of supposed christian terrorists. What the.?>
Deny ignorance.
edit on 11-7-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

And its gonna get worse.

The middle east is just like the bible belt. When their economic situations syncronize so will their behavior. It wont be long.now.

all religion must be exterminated.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

All religion must be exterminated? Thats alot of people and for whatt reason? For peace?
This idea makes no sense

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join