It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Russia 2045 - What to think about it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hi to all,

I've searched (i hope i did it well) but didnt find any post on this.

There is a project called Russia 2045 (link) that tries to "sell" a very high tech project about creating avatars and transplanting human conscience to it...

I've watched their presentation video:

and i got really scared because i sense this could really mean a "de-humanization" of mankind... This really sounded to me (nowadays) like the thing i dont want for the future...

But then i got really puzzled... when i saw an entry stating (with pictures) that the Dalai Lama supports this project... article with dalai lama

Dalai Lama one of the biggest spiritual leaders supporting such a hi-tech project?

Don't know what to think...

Anyone to care to give any opinion?

Regards

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think all those things will occur but i think their timescale is absurdly compressed and optimistic.

Its a pity as i'd like to live long enough to upload my personality/memory into a robot avatar or made to order cyborg body.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
No op don't you see how this will be such a beautiful thing for mankind?
I'm a big believer in the technological singularity.
I can't even express how it makes me feel to think there are real organized efforts to work towards this goal.

We all want a world of peace and technology can bring it.
Im really at a loss for words here.
thanks for the sharing the video!
S&F

ETA: This I guess would de humanize us. because right now it seems hate and war are part of humanity, but it doesn't have to be. Imagine your practically immortal suddenly-- can't find the words to finish my point....
edit on 10-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Not me. Nosirreeeebob not me. I'll just die when my time comes. In MY flesh with MY own life away from this technocalypse.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
where is everyone(including OP) this is fascinating stuff.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If I'm at death's door and was given a choice between carking it or transferring my consciousness to a healthy avatar - it wouldn't actually be a choice for me. I'd be asking them why they were bothering to take the time to ask me when they could be preparing to transfer my conscience!
edit on 10/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
My conciusness being in a robotic computerized body.. and some iApps to boost... i dont think so... i think that if these times come our conciousness will be monitored by someone and that can't be good in any way...

Anyway, i did read the manifesto and saw some speech in the conference and i did see people there that i respect and because of that i'll try to keep an eye on this project...

Regards

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The movie Surrogates was about this exact topic... cool movie too! I am on the fence about this kinda thing. Part of living is feeling the warm sun on your skin, and cool breeze of Fall on your face.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I checked out this project thing and their website ( an article from there ). They say

There are now almost 9,000 participants of the Initiative "2045". But the number of people who share our ideas and values is far greater.

Now imagine if all those people would work together to make the already existing, real world a better place instead of creating a virtual pseudo-life that goes against the laws of Nature.. but sure, it's all for the evolution of mankind, right?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think it's unjust to yourself to even pretend robots would replace human activities, at least in the capacity of looking similiar to androids. In the video, a robot is seen picking fruit from a tree. That's a highly precise task to be sure. It would require sensors to detect the fruit, knowing how to prod an arm into the bush of the tree, being able to adjust to the strength needed to pull each individual and unique piece from the branch.

Then you have to configure all that into a humanoid face. The moment you step onto the track of making these robots, you would find more efficient designs per task. For example, a robot with multiple arms to work at many times the pace.

My own personal impression from this Russia 2045 video: somebody from Russia, maybe a young college graduate, realised how America can simply incite riots among his people as part of the Arab Spring. He wanted to make real the Russian pride his father convinced him of. Russia might have a future, but it is of its natural resources. Why would it become a technological forerunner in humanist ideas all of a sudden... It sounds to me like a Russian kid wants you to have compassion for his country before America and Israel rob it for all its worth. He knows this project won't go anywhere, but its the idea that counts. As long as it gets people thinking, the way Ron Pauls campaign was set out to do.

Speaking of grabbing fruit from trees, here it is: www.wired.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
I think all those things will occur but i think their timescale is absurdly compressed and optimistic.

Its a pity as i'd like to live long enough to upload my personality/memory into a robot avatar or made to order cyborg body.

I really don't think the timescales absurd at all when you consider that in 1845 blacksmiths where still the central hub of technology in every town and in 1945 a flying machine dropped a weapon that used nuclear fission to split an atom creating more heat than the cente of the sun...

24 years after that a man walks on the moon.

And that was all while a privileged few had access to science...

Today I carry a computer in my pocket that I can speak to asking it to call someone, remind me of things, I can have a face to face conversation with someone on the other side of the world anywhere I am, I can search for anything I want in the world buy it and have it delivered to my home all from this device in my pocket.
Right now I'm typing these words on this device. It will wake me up in the morning and remind me throughout the day on my appointments and if I get lost it will show me on map exactly where I am and how to get where I want to go and tell me how long it will take to get there.

My car can park itself and lets me talk to my friends without using my hands while traveling.

I can talk to my digital games device that lets me play in an artificial world my Xbox and tell it what I want to see on my flat screen and if I don't like what im seeing I swipe my hand through the air and the channel changes to something else.

All music, literature, science, art anything I want is accessible at the touch of a button through the Internet. I can do international banking from home, shopping from home, dating from home etc...

It's not as absurd as all that when you think about it.

If 100 years ago we where horse and carting it about and now this I think 30 years from now will be strangerthank you think IF WE SURVIVE THAT LONG!

And that's a big if

If we can work out how to get through these problems of environment, greed and disease then we are in for some very strange and exciting times...

Star trek eat your heart out times...

Look at old sci fi...

A lot of current technology leaves it in the dust

Right now homo sapiens just has writers block just wait until the first big breakthrough happens and inspires a generation....

Next up Homo Digitalus
Homo Cyberneticus
Homo Nanotechnus
Homo Galaticus
Homo Unverisus
Homo Singulartis

edit on 28-6-2013 by Anonbeleiver77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Pretty interesting. But one of my faults is that I like to find faults. Such as…

- Maintenance issues, what is the "life" span? What happens to you if you are damaged doing a extreme sport or something?

- Can the avatar be hacked and made to do things you normally wouldn't?

- EMP or a large scale CME could effectively end the human race in seconds.

Etc, etc…

But if no one knew I was a avatar...that may be pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonbeleiver77

It's even been mapped out in the movies.

Next up Homo Digitalus = The Minority Report
Homo Cyberneticus = Terminator
Homo Nanotechnus = The Matrix
Homo Galaticus = The Watchmen (Dr. Manhatten)
Homo Unverisus = Galactus
Homo Singulartis = The Borg

top topics

join