It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History before the flood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Notice how the description of Noah is very similar to the description of Jesus below:

14His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15

Revelation 1: 14-15

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LouiseBIt is actually stated that Plato created this fictional place so that Socrates would have something to talk about.

It is actually in the original text that it is fictional, albeit the language is flowery, but it IS there.

Would you mind posting your original statements and/or the specific areas of Timaeus where this is found? I'd love to read it.

I've never actually read any of Plato's works, but I've read many authors who reference his descriptions of Atlantis. I don't really find these descriptions to be as compelling as the archaeological and fossil evidence for an antediluvian society.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by westt

Originally posted by LouiseBIt is actually stated that Plato created this fictional place so that Socrates would have something to talk about.

It is actually in the original text that it is fictional, albeit the language is flowery, but it IS there.

Would you mind posting your original statements and/or the specific areas of Timaeus where this is found? I'd love to read these.

I've never actually read any of Plato's works, but I've read many authors who reference his descriptions of Atlantis. I don't really find these descriptions to be as compelling as the archaeological and fossil evidence for an antediluvian society.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Below are some ancient text mostly biblical ..

You do realize, of course, that according to the bible, men walked the earth before Adam?

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. [KJV, Genesis 1:27]

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. [KJV, Genesis 1:28]

The key word there, is "replenish".

This was not the first time God had created man to fill the earth. By the time he created Adam, he'd been through this process at least once before, and probably countless times, if we are to believe the Hindu Scriptures on the kalpas. The bible is very clear on this point, that Adam's instruction was to multiply to "replenish" once again the earth, not simply to "fill" the earth with his seed, as would be the instruction for a first time creation drama.

edit on 5-8-2012 by NAMTERCES because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When are people finally going to understand that The Bible is a collection of myths and legends that was never meant to be taken literally.

While many of those myths do have some historical context, we can hardly use The Bible as a book of historical record.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Notice how the description of Noah is very similar to the description of Jesus below:

14His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15

Sounds like a description of Santa.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

In most Christian literature and artist renditions, why is Jesus depicted as having long brown hair, rather than white, then?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NAMTERCES

Below are some ancient text mostly biblical ..

You do realize, of course, that according to the bible, men walked the earth before Adam?

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. [KJV, Genesis 1:27]

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. [KJV, Genesis 1:28]

The key word there, is "replenish".

This was not the first time God had created man to fill the earth. By the time he created Adam, he'd been through this process at least once before, and probably countless times, if we are to believe the Hindu Scriptures on the kalpas. The bible is very clear on this point, that Adam's instruction was to multiply to "replenish" once again the earth, not simply to "fill" the earth with his seed, as would be the instruction for a first time creation drama.

edit on 5-8-2012 by NAMTERCES because: (no reason given)

I also like the book of Genesis, that claims Adam and Eve were the first humans, and that Cain killed Abel, and then was marked so that "all the other tribes would recognize what he had done".

Where did all these other tribes suddenly come from?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Is it possible, that in every continent they have their own adams there? Adam and Eve happens to be created in the middle east, how about the astec and friends? Migration? I don't think so

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I agree, where the hill did they came from? Yuhuuu anyone?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join