It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador 'won't be bullied on Assange extradition'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Ecuador 'won't be bullied on Assange extradition'

www.news.com.au

Ecuador President Rafael Correa has said his government will not give in to pressure from the US, UK or Sweden over Julian Assange's asylum bid.
ECUADOR'S President Rafael Correa has vowed his government would not yield to pressure in deciding whether to grant asylum to Julian Assange.
"We will consult with everyone we need to, but we will make a sovereign decision on whether or not to grant asylum to the Australian, Julian Assange," he said in an interview with local television station RTS.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The two and fro-ing is in full swing, Ecuador President Rafael Correa standing up and defending his decisions to look at JA asylum. Admitting there is a possibility Assange could face capital punishment in the United States, Mr Correa hints that if Assange's life was as risk prospectively Assange may be granted asylum.

Well thats what I get out of it anyway.

Much better news today and it is good to know that Ecuador are not going to bow down to pressure from the US.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Why the bloody hell didn't Assange go to the Russian embassy for asylum.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is brilliant! I think Ecquador will provide sanctury, if it was a no, it would have been said already.

It may not seem it at first sight, but their role in this will be huge, significant, and possily life changing.
They can't possibly be the one government to sell out the most effective, inspiring, and revolutionary whistleblower the world has known.
Future events could be easily be influenced by present decisions, what will the world hold for Assange if he is free to continue? Would he not return with avengeance? Could the world stand by and let America blatantly break every moral and legal rule in existance, and watch civil rights erode in front of our very eyes, on a public stage?

If he was to be caught by the tangled web of the US, what reaction would follow?

I think this man is one of the most ground breaking influencial man, this world has know in modern history.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

He doesn't want to be the man to start WW3!

LOL!

Tensions are high as it is, that would nearly a damn near cry for war!

Not that Hilory Clinton didn't bring you closer to that the other day.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
there is a possibility Assange could face capital punishment in the United States, Mr Correa hints that if Assange's life was as risk prospectively Assange may be granted asylum.

I say this knowing that the majority of Aussies will back me on this: It will be a cold day in Hades before we let the US execute one of our countrymen for this crime.

Honestly, I don't think the US will know what hit them if they get us Aussies offside by executing one of our own for exposing lies and cover ups.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

One can only imagine what Ecuador has been offered so far...
I expect it began with offers of pallet loads of $ or £
Then when that was refused,the real bullying started.

Threats of sanctions,car "accidents" and worse I bet.

We all know the game by now.

Meanwhile,Julian has either stayed holed up in the embassy storeroom-or he has already escaped out of the building through the sewers,or by dressing up as a lady...

Send in Ecuadorian lady+do make up on JA+send out lady JA lookalike=Job done.

Probably happened weeks ago.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Actually, that's not a bad question.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Good on them. I will be glad if he finds a safe place to stay until this is over. They will continue to find things to pin on this man until they get him or he is dead. It's a sad fact I believe to be true. He opened up a can of worms bigger than I think he even realized he would. IMO, they should let the man be... but we all know that isn't how this will end.

The U.S. Government hates nothing worse than getting caught with it's pants down. And boy were they caught out. They do not forget wrongs. Even if they started it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
First off, I'm really confused as to where any capital offense applies here. Under what charge would it come? Treason doesn't apply because Assange isn't American. It would be called espionage if anything, but that doesn't apply either. He broke a myriad of our laws, sure, but I just can't come up with one of the capital/death penalty level.

I agree with others in saying he's brilliant in his choice. He's also likely the best informed in the world for knowing which to choose and which to avoid. After all, he's the one who released the databases (or didn't in some cases) which said all of that about the various nations. Now that he's safe, it's humorous to watch at the moment. No one would dare invade Embassy sovereignty. Not even Obama. No way.....so Assange can give everyone the raspberries if he wants to. Ecuador hasn't been particularly U.S. friendly here lately anyway, so I think Julian found a home. Good for him.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by magma
there is a possibility Assange could face capital punishment in the United States, Mr Correa hints that if Assange's life was as risk prospectively Assange may be granted asylum.

I say this knowing that the majority of Aussies will back me on this: It will be a cold day in Hades before we let the US execute one of our countrymen for this crime.

Honestly, I don't think the US will know what hit them if they get us Aussies offside by executing one of our own for exposing lies and cover ups.

add new zealand to that list,
i know many many people here are in favour of the international criminal courts view that people who expose war crimes should be protected from the people comiting war crimes

xploder

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You guys ever read Confessions of an Economic Hitman?

I'm sure Ecuador has a grudge against the USA and wouldn't mind thumbing their nose at the US for what happened.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Why the hell haven't they just offered him full asylum already? That is my question, I bet they come back with a no! This statement is just trying to make it seem like it is their decision!

Assange has done us all a great service, he will be remembered that's for sure!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What I like most about this situation is that it is very, very public. Everyone has to be on their toes. It is the perfect opportunity to expose the people and countries who are bullies and the cream will invariably keep rising to the top.

We can only hope that JA does not have an 'accident'

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

add new zealand to that list,

ANZACS unite again!

i know many many people here are in favour of the international criminal courts view that people who expose war crimes should be protected from the people comiting war crimes

Now, now....we can't have that now can we.....that would make too much damn sense!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Moscow doesn't have any love for wikileaks...

Wikileaks: Russia branded 'mafia state' in cables

WikiLeaks: Is Russia the Next Target?

WikiLeaks: Russia gave Israel Iranian system's codes

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

If true, reminds me of all the attempts to kill Fidel Castro.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
As for why Equador have not took action already, all consequences have to be considered, and laws explored etc etc... They will be partaking in a dangerous political game with the US.

The US have already shown no shame in arrestng and detaining most guests on the Julian Assange Show.

Equally, Equador will most definately not be bullied, as they've already shown in exspelling their ambassador from the US.

No country, not even Russia are immune from the exposes of Wikileaks, Russia does however, with begrudging respect and solid leadership, allow and accomedate his TV shows and regular news updates.

I feel this is because Russia believe their own sacrifices in privacy are worth exsposing the West. A galliant effort on Putins part IMO. Russia has its own problems, like current suppresion of homosexuality, however they are faced with 75% populace opposed to gays, and a very proud nation stuck in centuries of tradition... They'll catch up one day.

As for what will happen to Assange if America got him..? We've already seen a bunch of well to do Americans calling for his death, ( btw, don't your proffesionals ever act/speak in a proffesional manner without showing a Jerry Springer side to them selves)

And Obama said he was closing Guantanamo, huge fail! He's just invested another 44 million to upgrade it,

Not to mention 70% of a 160 (or so) inmates have been cleared for release, and held captive illegally.

I fear Assange may be assasinated in the next ten years. Dunno when, could be a lot sooner, but he's permanently gunna have a bulls eye target on his head...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Hmm, I think some of the stuff that Assange has, particularly the emails allegedly between Syrian official/ unofficial elements, and unidentified countries played a part in his decision to go to Ecuador instead because some of the negative stuff also involved Russian Elements, but Assange made it clear that not only Syria would be embarrassed, but also Syria's enemies as well so...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
these maniacs-rapists who mock the poor women with terrible torn condom must be killed on the spot!
And where only the CIA looks?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join