It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Filmed by Corporate Pilots at 41K Feet - **New Info**

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Yeah, cos I'm always freaked out by my own shadow. I really am that stupid. Not.

Do you think for one moment people like us that go through the years and years of training we do mistake Venus for a UFO. We are hyper vigilant of other traffic in the proximity of us. I don't think for one moment a pilot would bleat down the blower to ATC if there was any doubt?

Now I know people like yourself who have no idea of the amount of pain and heartbreak us fellow pilots go through to get to do the thing we love, but I can tell you now, it ain't a walk in the park. We simply do not "hallucinate". Sure it doesn't stop an individual becoming ill in the head just because he/she is a commie pilot, but we are not in the game of having GROUP cockpit hallucinations. Less of course they ate the fish!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Yeah, it never happens. Pilots are completely infallible

Pilot mistakes Venus for aircraft and sends own plane into dive

That was a commercial Air Canada pilot.

Nope. Never happens.

Same story, different link, differert site.

Then there's 75% of aviation accidents occuring due to pilot error:
Top 10 pilot errors

Please, tell me again how pilots are infallible and don't make mistakes, even really stupid ones?
If it's happened once, it's likely it's happened before, and will happen again. Statistics.

Just say'n.

I'll still fly in a plane. I am, however, confident in my level of understanding that pilots are people and people can and will and do make mistakes, usually quite a degree more often than is generally accepted, but we only really see the bigger SNAFUs with an investigation is called for, and/or the mistake is big enough to be noticeable.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Hey how about you come back and answer my questions if they're not too hard. And what's the point in showing 10 pilot errors when Venus isn't even one of them? You're kidding right? You may as well show Letterman's top 10 list too because it's just as relevant. All you've got is one isolated incident

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
... Assuming that trained pilots can and will not mistake brilliant Venus for another aircraft is like assuming that trained police veterans would not mistake the moon for a UFO and pursue and all night chase in their cars in an attempt to catch the UFO/Moon, which has indeed happened, and not just once.

You don't mean the Portage County case, do you? Because it would be incredibly ignorant to believe that the moon was the stimulus in that case. So ignorant, in fact, that I'd have to seriously question the motives and credibility of one who did believe that. (It'd be evidence of a *spectacular* level of unawareness regarding the witness testimony there...)

But I'd love to hear about these other cases you're aware of, where multiple "trained police veterans" did "pursue and all night chase in their cars" the moon as it was masquerading as a UFO. (Or was that all just hyperbole by you?)

As to the latter part of your post, which I snipped out, "collusion" can be eliminated as the cause of multiple-witness agreement when it's shown that the witnesses did not and could not have communicated before they independently reported their UFO sighting, correct? Are you under the impression that there are no such cases, no true 'multiple independent witnesses' cases? If so ... and I hate to say this AGAIN, but ... that would be evidence that you're really not very familiar with the history of and past science re: UFOs. (Which is honestly very FINE -- not everyone interested in UFOs need be interested in the same aspects, or to the same degree -- but that fact would give people a better idea of where you're coming from, how much weight to attach to your words, and so on ....)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If the background info is correct that it was seen in front of two planes, one headed west/northwest and one headed east, at 10:49pm, then it seems hard to believe it would be venus.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

reply to post by anathema777

The small light that moves is consistent with internal window reflection of the indicator light on the handheld camera used to record video.

The Large light is consistent with Venus and does not move, except through the illusory means of the airplane as an observational platform moving, combined with hand-held camera movements.

Assuming that trained pilots can and will not mistake brilliant Venus for another aircraft is like assuming that trained police veterans would not mistake the moon for a UFO and pursue and all night chase in their cars in an attempt to catch the UFO/Moon, which has indeed happened, and not just once.

Multiple pilots supports indication of sympathetic collusion where one supposedly credible and respected peer claims to see something and the rest of his/her peers are more willing to convince themselves in biased favor of their peer and wind up convincing themselves of a 'truth' that is entirely delusion derived from sympathetic collusion.

For such reasons, this is why crime investigators attempt to separate witnesses to crimes and other events to prevent them from unwittingly convincing each other into a group collaboration of what they 'really' saw.

OK.

I'm in love.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Like I stated above, I believe this to be one of the more credible cases do to the fact that it was filmed and witnessed by a highly trained and highly capable pilot. Also apparently it was also witnessed by other pilots in the vicinity. As the other poster on this thread stated (who is also a pilot with adequate training) he/she can easily identify and distinguish an aircraft from the planet Venus.

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I think the clue is right there on the video DIGITAL ZOOM when he first looks at it is a dot he then zooms and you get the now classic on here out of focus light which seems to change shape. That has been seen on here on just about every zoomed in youtube video posted its even worse when people use autofocus on their cameras.

The smaller dot looks like an internal reflection in the lens because it always moves in relation to the camera being zoomed in and out.

Also venus is mentioned in the video so sorry it's not ZOG from MOG out on a quick trip!
edit on 11-7-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
OK, has someone actually done any calculations to see if Venus was in that area of sky on that particular night?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
OK, has someone actually done any calculations to see if Venus was in that area of sky on that particular night?

What!!

Actual science?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Hard 2 say what it is since its so far away but since we have this technology and we're flying them I guess it could be real.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by kevbrownuk

If someone showed you a car, and told you it was a spaceship, the most probable explanation would be they were lying and the car was just a car since it looks like a car.

If someone pointed at any random star in the sky, or a passing satellite and told you it was a UFO, the most probable explanation would be that they're unaware that they are pointing at a satellite. If you believe them, then, the ignorance is shared and doubled.

I'm sorry you apparently, as admitted, lack the facilities to comprehend that a light in the sky could very well be something quite normal, expected, and probable like Venus.

You're more than entitled to maintain your emotional attachment to this stance.
You're more than entitled to maintain disagreement with me.

I see Venus, a planet I'm very familiar with as an astronomy hobbyist.
You see something else altogether. Have fun with that.

So then..... your telling me that a planet thousands of miles away manages to go from being a tiny spec to being a large object, following a trajectory, before pulsing, giving off a large light emmision, then moving back again, stopping stationary, then moving off again in an entirely different direction before fading out.

Your telling me thats venus? even a meteor is more likely than your joke of a scenario

To be honest, Swamp gas getting caught in a lighthouse shine before bouncing off the american flag on the surface of the moon is more likely than your scenario, followed by the pilot leaping out of the cockpit onto land, somehow surviving before being hunted as prey by bigfoot and a chucacubra

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just to recap..........if it's bright and moves fast in front of you...........it ain't a planet.

Ok?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Just to recap..........if it's bright and moves fast in front of you...........it ain't a planet.

Ok?

So you say the bright light in the video moves, could you please explain how you came to this conclusion?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

What's happening are two things going on which makes everyone correct to a point. The bright object is mostly stationary and appears to move when the camera is zooming. However, it passes the other light at :27 sec. The only way this can be explained is if the dim light is a reflection. The reflection theory is the only pillar holding this entire Venus argument together. Without it, then Venus is debunked. But, it's not a reflection from the camera and it can't be a reflection from the cockpit panel. So what do we have left? A star. Therefore, if it's a star, then the brighter object is closer causing the perspective overlap.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

I'll agree with what FlySolo said........................ahem
edit on 11-7-2012 by CaptainBeno because: couldn't have put it better myself

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
And another thing.............How long have aircraft been around? Secondly, How long has Venus been around?
Are you constantly surprised by the light in your bathroom every time you switch it on?........"Oh wow! where did that come from man?" Come on guys, give us pilots some credit? Venus is an old friend. You may not see it due to cloud, we see it nearly every night, in it's clear bright shiny UFO kind-a-way.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by anathema777

Heres a link to the original thread here on ATS

UFO seen at 41000 feet recorded by copilot

If you know there is already a thread posted on this days earlier why would you bother posting this one.. you even acknowleged it in your own OP?!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yeah, it never happens. Pilots are completely infallible

Nope. Never happens.

Same story, different link, differert site.

Please, tell me again how pilots are infallible and don't make mistakes, even really stupid ones?
If it's happened once, it's likely it's happened before, and will happen again. Statistics.

2 things . 1.there were reports of other pilots who agree with the sited story. 2. It is easy to be skeptical and dis someone else story...
skepticism is good to a point but then becomes just a game. I think there is good reason to look seriously at this story...and there is reason to believe that some skeptics are in the business of planting disbelief.
for some, disbelief is their religion...just saying

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Just saying!

Nice 1st post.
edit on 11-7-2012 by CaptainBeno because: welcome buddy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join