It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Filmed by Corporate Pilots at 41K Feet - **New Info**

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Heres an article I came across about the UFO filmed by two pilots at about 41k feet in the air. Apparently these two pilots weren't the only witnesses. According to the story bellow other pilots witnessed the UFO too. Also, many have speculated that it may have been the planet Venus, including an Air Traffic Controller. The article goes on to state that after the Pilots contacted Air Traffic Control thats when they learned other pilots had also reported seeing the same light flying up in the sky. I agree with the article where it says since when does the planet Venus move across the sky and then flame out? Also dont you think multiple trained pilots could tell the difference between Venus and UFO? I think they know the difference.

Also the article goes on to mention that the YouTube video was taken down though ive found a link to a working copy. I can only assume that someone took down the original link that they had... who knows. Just thought id start a 2nd thread to update this information. If necessary a mod can combine this with the other thread, ill leave that up to them.

news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981465227

Two corporate jet pilots, nearly eight miles in the air at the time, captured what appears to be a UFO on film, but an air traffic controller said it may have been the planet Venus.

The undated footage may have been removed from YouTube, however, since a recent search for the video yielded no results. You can view the remarkable footage here.

Many of the flying object videos on the Internet are obvious fakes, but this footage is remarkable. A lot of pilots report witnessing anomalous objects while flying, but it would be nice if more of them thought to record the incidents. The two were traveling at night from Texas to Florida at about 41,000 feet, and the co-pilot was filming the city lights below. The pilot then told him to point the camera in front of the plane, where there is a bright UFO light traveling across the sky.

This is where the story starts to get strange. After contacting air traffic control, they learn that other pilots have reported the same strange light. When you watch the video, you will see the UFO light is definitely not a planet. Since when does the planet Venus move across the sky, and flame out?

Heres a link to the original thread here on ATS

UFO seen at 41000 feet recorded by copilot

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
First glance this looks pretty cool. Need to watch the whole video and see if any more information can be gained before saying its great though. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Yep, no problem. Ive watched the video quite a few times and I personally think its great if not for any other reason then the fact that its from as credible of a source as one could hope for dont you think? Two Pilots. Who better is there to witness, document and then state that what they saw, and taped was a genuine UFO? I think thats about as good as we can hope for. I mean it sure beats the hell out of some shaky video recorded by someone who wishes to remain anonymous, speaking a foreign language that only records said event for a few seconds and doesn't film any background objects for size/distance reference... Seriously IMHO this whole case is the cream of the crop!

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anathema777

The small light that moves is consistent with internal window reflection of the indicator light on the handheld camera used to record video.

The Large light is consistent with Venus and does not move, except through the illusory means of the airplane as an observational platform moving, combined with hand-held camera movements.

Assuming that trained pilots can and will not mistake brilliant Venus for another aircraft is like assuming that trained police veterans would not mistake the moon for a UFO and pursue and all night chase in their cars in an attempt to catch the UFO/Moon, which has indeed happened, and not just once.

Multiple pilots supports indication of sympathetic collusion where one supposedly credible and respected peer claims to see something and the rest of his/her peers are more willing to convince themselves in biased favor of their peer and wind up convincing themselves of a 'truth' that is entirely delusion derived from sympathetic collusion.

For such reasons, this is why crime investigators attempt to separate witnesses to crimes and other events to prevent them from unwittingly convincing each other into a group collaboration of what they 'really' saw.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Venus with Aldebaran to it's right, it's been a common sight in the mornings with Venus exceptionally bright.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

The small light that moves is consistent with internal window reflection of the indicator light on the handheld camera used to record video.

That light disappears while recording

The Large light is consistent with Venus and does not move

Only if you're looking at it that way

except through the illusory means of the airplane as an observational platform moving,

Is that a fancy way of saying "while flying"? Makes no difference how fast you're going if it is Venus

combined with hand-held camera movements.

Yes, hand-held camera movements are called camera shake. Some of that happens but not enough to cause this illusion

Assuming that trained pilots can and will not mistake brilliant Venus for another aircraft is like assuming that trained police veterans would not mistake the moon for a UFO and pursue and all night chase in their cars in an attempt to catch the UFO/Moon, which has indeed happened, and not just once.

Off topic? I'm not familiar with that story and I would think that's like apple and oranges

Multiple pilots supports indication of sympathetic collusion where one supposedly credible and respected peer claims to see something and the rest of his/her peers are more willing to convince themselves in biased favor of their peer and wind up convincing themselves of a 'truth' that is entirely delusion derived from sympathetic collusion.

More fancy talk. Why would any pilot who knows what Venus is subject themselves to possible ostracism from their peers?

For such reasons, this is why crime investigators attempt to separate witnesses to crimes and other events to prevent them from unwittingly convincing each other into a group collaboration of what they 'really' saw.

More apples and oranges. Civilian witnesses are different than firefighters, police officers, doctors, pilots etc., whom can easily fall victim to workplace harassment and ridicule.

ETA: I just want to say if it wasn't for what happens at the :27 mark then I wouldn't be so interested. I'm not convinced the dimmer light is a reflection. This is the crux of the problem.
edit on 10-7-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You are absolutely right, I love that it is from an assumed credible source. You know how these things go though, if we had a single verified one as of yet we wouldn't be having the same discussions we are still having. There is a first for everything though. I guess after 5 years of ATS videos I am jaded.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

These pilots are responsible for flying a plane, they are not responsible for emptying your bins.

Have you any idea of the training that is involved in becoming an airline pilot, i attended a NATS interview about 6 years ago and it was one of the hardest things i have ever done, and that was just a 3 hours assessment and aptitude test.

I fail to see how a pilot could successfully fly a plane, however not know the difference between a lightsource coming from inside the cockpit or outside

And one final thing, your comparing two job roles, a pilot, and police officer......

Two competely different roles requiring different skills, if your going to do a comparison, atleast do like for like as this is just rediculous
edit on 10-7-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Interestingly, the light is not round, appears greenish,

and very subtly swings like a pendulum while hovering. Or the pilots

hand was swaying. I prefer the former. The fade out was

not planetary. Of course, the whole thing could be faked by

CG. Still a video in the top 10% of "maybes" considering how

bad most wobbly dot vids are.
edit on 7/10/2012 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
having watched the video again, im even more intregued to what this is,

been running through a couple of ideas in my head:

1) meteor - At first i thought maybe this was a meteor, approaching earth, then giving off light as it attempts to enter the atmosphere before bouncing off.

However i was able to easily discount this as when the object bounces off, it then stops stationary before then moving off again in the direction in which is came from.

#One thing i am sick of reading though is, everyone always say, convenient how UFO's always have massive lights ....... Perhaps the light is not a deliberate light, it may just be the bi product

This is the reason i think most UFO sightings come at night, im starting to think more and more that we cannot see the ufo crafts, whether they are cloaked or whatever, i believe the orbs that people see are actually the light bi product which is created by moving through the air at great speeds.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

And there you go, apparently choosing to believe first, starting at UFO and staying at UFO, instead of looking at and considering all the more probable explanations.

Your choice.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

And there you go, apparently choosing to believe first, starting at UFO and staying at UFO, instead of looking at and considering all the more probable explanations.

Your choice.

More probably explanations? i fail to see a more probable explanation.

Take your mobile phone out of your pocket, walk to the window, put the video camera on, then video the nearest streetlight for 30 seconds, then post back with the results, lets see all of the UFOS caught on your video caused by your inability to hold a camera still.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

If someone showed you a car, and told you it was a spaceship, the most probable explanation would be they were lying and the car was just a car since it looks like a car.

If someone pointed at any random star in the sky, or a passing satellite and told you it was a UFO, the most probable explanation would be that they're unaware that they are pointing at a satellite. If you believe them, then, the ignorance is shared and doubled.

I'm sorry you apparently, as admitted, lack the facilities to comprehend that a light in the sky could very well be something quite normal, expected, and probable like Venus.

You're more than entitled to maintain your emotional attachment to this stance.
You're more than entitled to maintain disagreement with me.

I see Venus, a planet I'm very familiar with as an astronomy hobbyist.
You see something else altogether. Have fun with that.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

Your choice.

I'm questioning and you're not. Instead of rolling your eyes at my questions, why not attempt to answer them? Don't go onto other points until you have the first one resolved. First one being, 'the camera light'. Why does it fade out?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Ah, because it very may well be another other internal light inside the cockpit reflecting and it fades when obscured by an arm? a hand? a torso? a clipboard?

If you're incapable of figuring these more probable possibilities for yourself, then, please feel free to continue believing this is some alien spaceship if that's easier for you to accept than something quite normally possible, probable and misidentified by over-reactionary emotionally invested sorts that really have to have validity for their belief that every other light in the sky must be aliens.

I think I'll wait for something a little more concrete than just another misidentified sighting of Venus that gets hyped and over-sensationalized to death, like all the other times some has popped up freaking out over Venus.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

Ah, because it very may well be another other internal light inside the cockpit reflecting and it fades when obscured by an arm? a hand? a torso? a clipboard?

What other light? It's either the camera light or it's not. You said it, not me. So does this same arm, hand, torso, or clipboard obscure the bright light too?

If you're incapable of figuring these more probable possibilities for yourself, then, please feel free to continue believing this is some alien spaceship if that's easier for you to accept than something quite normally possible, probable and misidentified by over-reactionary emotionally invested sorts that really have to have validity for their belief that every other light in the sky must be aliens.

That's a lot of verbal diarrhea for nothing. Just stick to the facts and discuss the light. So now your conjecture is what again? It's not a camera light but a cockpit panel light reflecting on the window which gets obscured by something physical in the plane?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
IMO, something does not add up who is talking to ATC, who is being diverted and the locations of the planes.

Guess the info relayed from the YT poster could be slightly incorrect.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Where is the new info?

Same footage, same questions??

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Doesn't seem to be anything new. Some one else probably picked up the same stuff on another website.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hello all,

1. I'm a commercial pilot.
2. I am tested and challenged beyond belief mentally every day.
3. I have a thorough medical every 12 months. Includes my eyes.
4. I am able to do 10 things at once.
5. I am responsible for your life.
6. I am incredibly intelligent.
7. I have lightning fast reactions.
8. I have taught people to fly.
9. I can (on a clear night) pretty much navigate by stars if required.
10. I am not stupid.

Here is ten reasons why when I see something move above me 36k feet and above. I am aware it's not us.

edit on 10-7-2012 by CaptainBeno because: P.S. Venus, got the t-shirt, watched the film, got the book..............stands out like dogs balls, not venus

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join