It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Hollywood 7/6/12 - Complete With Helicopter Chase

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

Lotus festival was cancelled my common sense dude

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have tried talking to those who own the park and none of them knew anything about any Chinese Lantern festival. I also contacted Police - Air Support Division and their Marshal(or w/e) told me there was nothing planned in that area on that night..

The most recent lotus festival stuff was in '08 and '09. Nothing posted recently.

edit on 12-7-2012 by For Truth because: spell-check

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

Common sense? What about the circling helicopter?

My theory is that the helicopters were much closer to the observer than the lights. I have no idea what they might have been circling... Perhaps something newsworthy in that area.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
this is just my opinion on the matter but my best guess from what I just watched is they are extra-terrestrial probes or drones designed to just stay stagnant in the atmosphere to gather intelligence on our response.

other then that it could be lanterns, but the draft from the blades would have extinguished them pretty fast, but more so that they seem much too bright, brighter then the surrounding lights and helos which leads me to believe they are reflecting the city lights, or possibly like energy balls or something lol..

I usually go with something earthbound but the way there are 3 helos circling just screams SOMETHING

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

reply to post by For Truth

Based on the information I was able to find initially as per the link provided, the Lotus Festival was scheduled for July 7th/8th 2012, which turned out to be incorrect. the last one was in fact July 9th/10th, 2011 as per the LA parks website (www.laparks.org...). Side note; The Chinese Lantern Festival is different from the Lotus Festival which is usually held in March every year. That being said, I did take the time to call The Lotus Festival Ph#, which the lady I spoke to confirmed that the festival was indeed cancelled for this year due to a restoration project and the lake not having water and would be back next year.

However, further research indicates that for special occasions such as weddings, birthdays etc. Chinese or Sky lanterns are used at the end to celebrate "good luck".

So although my initial source being the Lotus Festival for the lanterns seemed obvious at first, it was incorrect...That being said that doesn't eliminate the fact that these lights are indeed Chinese/Sky Lanterns and that all other reasoning/logic provided in my post is still relevant... after all it is "wedding season" and Echo Park/surrounding area could have easily been the site for something like this;

I especially like how the wedding announcer in the second video says " I wonder if the residents around this place think UFO's are present" lol

edit on 12-7-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: fix link

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
this is just my opinion on the matter but my best guess from what I just watched is they are extra-terrestrial probes or drones designed to just stay stagnant in the atmosphere to gather intelligence on our response.

other then that it could be lanterns, but the draft from the blades would have extinguished them pretty fast, but more so that they seem much too bright, brighter then the surrounding lights and helos which leads me to believe they are reflecting the city lights, or possibly like energy balls or something lol..

I usually go with something earthbound but the way there are 3 helos circling just screams SOMETHING

Yea if it was lanterns the blade would have wiped it out, or sent it moving. If it was another helicopter like some say it is, than they would have been close enough to lock blades. I still want to see video from the helicopters point of view...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

They explain a lil more in a interview, doesn't look like lanterns to me.. But who knows

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Yea if it was lanterns the blade would have wiped it out, or sent it moving. If it was another helicopter like some say it is, than they would have been close enough to lock blades. I still want to see video from the helicopters point of view...

or an experiment with a helicopter and a chinese lantern to see what happens from a bunch of distances etc..

video from the helicopter view will probably be destroyed in a week when the pilot dies in an 'accident'

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I'm not going to go all out and say that these were chinese lanterns since every night in LA literally looks like this. But you're theory makes the most sense. For instance. Even if the lanterns weren't released by griffith park on Chevy Chase Dr. and were launched from Echo park or even Westlake as you had mentioned possible they would be even closer to where the objects appear to be floating. Echo park is about half the distance from Chevy Chase Dr and where the objects appear to be and it's still exactly aligned with the usual wind patterns at night (ie heading SW) in LA and could have easily floated a mile or so south and then filmed as we see them in the video.

Either way those kids in the Video were self medicating too much in my opinion, which explains the UFO comments from them. Also the kids were, well, kids. They look to be in their early 20's and we all know that most folks in their early 20's are easily exited and ignorant/naive. Booze + God Knows what their smoking + penthouse roof top + Highland and Hollywood + kids in their early 20's = they had no clue what they were looking at and over reacting.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I'll give you props for admitting you were incorrect

Now. you should apologize to those 17 ATS members you called out individually because you found a stale link to an Asian festival

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I watched the video and didn't hear anything that would indicate it wasn't Chinese/Sky lanterns.

Here's some comments I do have in reference to the interview;

Two guys to the far left of the screen don't say anything and the one in the brown shirt (back far left of screen) really doesn't look like he is impressed or comfortable with the proceedings of the interview.

The comments they made about flicker lights ...could easily be flame flickering in the lanterns.

Also if you watched any of these guy's other videos, they are all in show business to some extent (musicians, script writer etc.) so they could simply be hyping this to gain further exposure for their other projects ("hood tours concept was funny,in which they talked about staging shootings with blanks on tourists)

Also as a side note for those saying UFO because there was no blade wash out or something along those lines, these guys in there interview say that the "light" did rise quickly once the helicopter was present so the blade wash out could be possible just not dramatically visible on the video further confirming the lantern explanation.

Lastly, a previous poster posted a map showing the area of Los Angeles where the film was captured....between either Echo park or "Korea town" as one of the guys in the video stated...there is actually 3 separate airports...so depth perception of the video may not be accurate due to it being night time and the helicopter could have simply been hovering over one of the airports or checking out an accident on the highway and the lanterns were a farther distance away, resulting in little to no impact from the helicopter and the sudden rise could simply be wind.

I'm still sticking to the Chinese/Sky lantern explanation as I'm sure many others will. For those that disagree that's your right to disagree but I ask you provide explanation as to why you disagree

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

My explanation of Chinese/Sky lanterns still stands based on all my other posts, so no need to apologize as common sense is still prevailing...if they were still participating in the thread and felt that they deserved an apology, let them tell me an provide and explanation as to why.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

People still seem convinced that the helicopters were near the objects. It is my contention that with no way to tell depth-of-field, those helicopters could have been nowhere near the objects -- i.e. well beyond them in the background.

The helicopters could have just been flying around LA (as helicopters often do), and could have had no interest at all in the objects, which could have been a mile or more in the foreground.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
These are NOT Lanterns or Flares!

1.Size of lights, to big to be lanterns of flares: the helicopter lights and the lights from the object prove this is NOT lanterns.
2. If a helicopter got near a lantern or flare that thing would blow away not stay stationary. Clearly the helicopter gets very close! I seen another video that shows just the helicopter and the object. Proof enough for me.

3. There are other people who have video from the same area, around this date.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Staroth because: more cow bell.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So, this is in Hollywood?
Did anyone suggest a film production, perhaps?
My ADD will explain my failure to read this entire thread.
Who has time for that?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

If there is anything I agree with in this thread, it is precisely what you just said. The helicopters have nothing to do with the unidentified lights... which is the premise in the title.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You guys gotta keep perspective in mind. LA is huge with a relatively flat skyline. From a rooftop at night you can see very far. Planes on approach to the local airports can be seen over the next county (orange county) from most places in los angeles. LA is something like 48x70 miles in size. Those lights could be anywhere in relation to the helicopters.

Add that to the fact that all the witnesses including locals who have seen the video are saying that the lights are hovering over an asian community or in parks very close to said asian communities. Makes a stronger argument for some sort of lantern.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
7 pages and there's STILL people that think these are UFOs and not Chinese Lanterns?

Even after all the explanation for many reasons why these lights conform and meet expected lantern behavior?

It just goes to show that some, regardless, in spite of, and contrary to any and every explanation and proof that something is indeed quite normal, some will continue and even redouble their belief that the quite ordinary event is is anything but.

Types of people in the UFO forum

It's Chinese lanterns!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Airplanes!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Two weeks after MIB3 movie opened... but who is to say that is the reason.

Also, I feel bad that one of the only legit videos for this phenomena has a bunch of high dudes ruining it. lol

Otherwise, very interesting ordeal but I am sure it might be something more close to home than aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join