It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Hollywood 7/6/12 - Complete With Helicopter Chase

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I would recommend watching full screen on youtube for both clips (though I'm sure most of you already are).

A few thoughts I had:

-It was weird that we never saw them disappearor fly off. Both times it is mentioned, it happens off-screen.

-It looked as though there were at least five at first.

-With the three ufos they taped the majority of the time you can tell how close they are to the camera by how large the corresponding copter is (assuming you don't find it coincidental that there are three copters hovering near where these three remaining orbs were ).
-At 3:05 you can see the top and left's copters and at 3:12 the right one's comes in to view.
-The closest one (by my reasoning) would be the top, followed by the right, and the left would the furthest away.

-Does anyone know what types oh helicopters are supposed to use (red and blue?) blinking lights?

-Could this have been for a movie? I would imagine that would be on the record, police, airports, hospitals?. Does anyone know how to check that?

-Maybe this is an internet hoax to promote a movie, soft drink, etc...?

-I do not think they are chinese lanterns. Could they be toy helicopters, perhaps affixed with a bright light that can be turned off remotely?

Either way it turns out, or doesn't, it is a cool video and some entertainment.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

reply to post by CynicalWabbit

reply to post by Violater1

reply to post by BLACKCLOUD21

reply to post by cavtrooper7

reply to post by Spares

reply to post by MrUncreated

reply to post by quelmarth

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

reply to post by zeeon

reply to post by VariableConstant

reply to post by Swills

reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

reply to post by Mickles

reply to post by rabzdguy

reply to post by IAmD1

reply to post by ladylove

Although we all want to believe in UFO's, this particular event isn't a UFO sighting and here's why;

Common Sense/Logic + Google search = confirms Chinese Lanterns from Lotus Festival

Lotus Festival event held at 3900 West Chevy Chase drive, Los Angeles on weekend of July 7th/8th, 2012 that celebrates the cultures and traditions of Asian and Pacific Islander communities in Southern California and takes place during the anticipated blooming of the lotus flower. Opening ceremonies begin on Saturday at Noon and visitors over the weekend can enjoy a programme of live music, dance and entertainment from a variety of performers representing many of the diverse countries of Asia and the Pacific Islands.

www.craftlister.com...

edit on 12-7-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: fix link

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

Oh well, I was wrong

I do like to keep an open mind though and always will till proven otherwise

Thanks for the info

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Yo, they're like gangster yo, did you see that one?
They are helicopters and airplanes. These drunk idiots obviously have no idea how many airports surrounds LA. I can see two planes in the air above me now and I'm nowhere near an airports. Bollucks

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Oops didn't see my bad sorry....
Line 2

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I don't accept that as absolute evidence. Chinese lanterns usually burned out in 2-5 minutes. After the initial video they changed the battery, so that would mean these three lanterns were in the air for 8-9 minutes.

It also seems that they would not be this bright in such a large, well-lit city.

I will say that the date matches up, but it seems like it would be hard for the lanterns to get above the buildings without hitting one, or being put out by wind/collision if launched from street level. They could have launched them from the tops of the buildings, but it would be stupid to do that that close to airports and not expect to be caught.

edit on 12-7-2012 by For Truth because: ETA

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrippledAhole

Yo, they're like gangster yo, did you see that one?
They are helicopters and airplanes. These drunk idiots obviously have no idea how many airports surrounds LA. I can see two planes in the air above me now and I'm nowhere near an airports. Bollucks

edit on 12-7-2012 by Mathoryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by For Truth

Umm you can believe whatever you want to believe...still doesn't make your belief right and here's why;

Chinese lanterns can actually burn up to 20 minutes (chinese-paper-lanterns.com...)

And if you had looked at the link in my previous post you would have noticed the event was held in a spacious park thus allowing for ample room for the lanterns to rise above the height of buildings and the park's location almost perfectly aligns with the angle at which the video is shot.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's very high probability that it is a duck

edit on 12-7-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I never said I believed one thing or another.

I was hoping to learn some more before simply dismissing it. You did provide more details, so that helps. I will say that you could have said it in a less condescending way, though, and the message would still have been recieved just as clear(or clearer).

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Common Sense/Logic + Google search = confirms Chinese Lanterns from Lotus Festival

Common sense/Logic + Google search also suggests airplanes approaching LAX.

I can't find anything "confirming" Chinese lanterns from the Lotus Festival. I suppose it's possible, but I'm sticking with airplanes until I'm convinced otherwise.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You know 3900 Chevy Chase is located right next to griffith park a few miles 6 or so from Highland and Hollywood. If the wind currents were heading south on that evening it would have carried the chinese lanterns to the exact same spot I mentioned in my previous post. (110/10 Interchange) It's a straight shot. Nothing in the way. At night the wind often comes from the desert and heads out to sea in a south west direction in Los Angeles. Check it out on mapquest if you need to. Line up where the lanterns were released with where I deduced the lights are over the city. Matches up perfectly. Your theory makes a tone of sense. Gotta give you credit when it's due.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm with Ericthenewbie here. Simple explanation.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
but wait...

Despite confirmations in April that the Lotus Festival was going on even without Echo Park Lake as a backdrop, the final word is there’s definitely no Lotus Festival for 2012.

We have been in contact with the lead agency that has historically, organized, coordinated and fundraised for the annual Lotus Festival year after year for 15+ years. The group, the Lotus Festival Inc., informed us that due to the lake being closed this year for rehab/renovation work, they are not planning on putting together a Lotus Festival for this year but they do plan on being back in full force for next year.

Through this communication, we have ascertained that there will be no Lotus Festival this year as the lead organization that has been in charge of it, is saving it’s time, energy and fundraising efforts for when the lake is back.

Source

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Airplanes it is then....

Or UFO's, Who know's?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ladylove

Thank you.

I'm still open to either possibility.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I wanna see a video from the helicopters point of view and see what it is up clsoe. But on another note.... I see a few comments tryin to talk down on the way these kids were talking. It's kinda funny cause most of you probably sound more annoying than Gilbert Gottfried... Good old high n might grammar partrol....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Good old high n might grammar partrol....

That's "high and mighty"

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
interesting thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Crazy. I live in Korea Town Los Angeles...

That was like, right above me

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Common sense? What about the circling helicopter?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join