It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Hollywood 7/6/12 - Complete With Helicopter Chase

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Why would a helicopter circle around a Chinese lantern?

And wouldn't the air turbulence from the rotor cause the lantern to move a bit off course as it circled around?

Clearly, most of you don't have a clue what your talking about.
There is a 99.99% chance it is not a Chinese lantern considering the circumstances revealed in the video.

But let me guess, most of you didn't bother watching more than a minute in because you are so prejudice you can't help but make fun of the video makers comments?

Seriously, barely any of you are truth seekers if this thread is any indicator of the general overall disposition and demeanor of the community.
edit on 11-7-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Everyday I believe less and less

Just one video to restore hope that is all i ask for Almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster please!
is that so much to ask?

ETA:
OMG he answered me he told me to watch the video again but not to be discouraged and turn it off before the 3:01 mark
Thank you Flying Spaghetti Monster for teaching me the importance of Patience!

wow there really circling that sucker!
edit on 12-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This is the first time I've seen something that actually at first glance looked like chinese lanterns. I saw some at New Years eve and they looked similar - However like some point out the distance between the guy holding the camera and the apparent sizes of the dots might rule that out? Also the fact that the 'seem to' stop moving for some time but that could just be due to the angle of perspective against the direction of movement?

As for the guys and the way they talk, my first instinct was to associate them with 'Bill and Ted' and I caught myself not taking them seriously for about a minute. When I make judgements like that I always catch myself out and question how much my social programming is influencing my perception. So rather than dismiss this because of the way they speak I carried on watching with an open mind. Think about this for a minute.... can we really judge someones basic intelligence just because they sound like fictional characters depicted as of lesser intelligence? I think not. They way you speak says more about where you live and were brought up than it does of your general intelligence level. That said these are my comments/questions on the two videos.

1. The guy on the camera keeps filming the guy speaking as supposed to focusing on the action. What happened between him turning the camera and us viewing the object might hold vital clues as to what they are.

2. The helicopter apparently circling one of the objects bother me somewhat. It seems they are not really at same heigt or even distance as the object. Is it really circling the object?

3. I agree had it been lanterns and the helicopter as close to it as we are to believe it would have affected the lantern drastically. Might it not even have made it break and burst into flames/fallen down?

4. If we look at the size of the light generated by the helicopter and the size of the dot assuming they are infact close to one another then it seems the dot is about the size of a helicopter headlight?

5. Would a helicopter dare to get that close to a UFO of unknown origin and intent or was it in fact a known flying object to them?

6. We never get to see the objects shoot off (as they describe in the video) into the distance it seems rather that they are fading away. Another clue?

7. Nothing about the movement of the objects seem to suggest flying in any particular formation (to me) they just seem to be floating at different speed and direction to form the triangle.

6. I find the bird reference toward the end of the second video the most interesting. I live in an area where crows are abundant and they do not generally rooftop hop together like that unless off course they were not crows but the other crow like bird who's name escape me for the moment. They are like gangsters lol. Moving about in big groups attacking cats and what not - But that little story says something about the guy speaking in the video. He seems to genuinely believe he's seen something out of the ordinary and naturally progress to speak on another incident that has concerned him (as also being unusual) . I have been in conversations like these and that is a natural progression topic in my view. We see something out of the ordinary we try to connect the dots (No pun intended) by bringing up all other unusual incidents how ever unrelated they might seem.

So for now my conclusion is the guys in the video genuine. He reads alot on UFO and strange animal behaviour (these topics are abundant on youtube and what not these days). The way he speaks about it seems like he is just trying to draw parallels between something he has read about and what he is experiencing. He wants to believe imo. As for the objects in the sky... I reserve judgement until further notice. (Did anyone else in the area see and film or photograph them?)

Just my thoughts.
edit on 12/7/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Just a thought... any movies premiered that night...?
It is Hollywood after all.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
To be honest listening to the way they talk I do not think they are intelligent enough to create a fake video, I am suprised they even managed to the video onto the internet.

Seriously though that does look interesting.

I just wonder if our fastest jets can't keep up with them.How can a helocopter??

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

6. I find the bird reference toward the end of the second video the most interesting. I live in an area where crows are abundant and they do not generally rooftop hop together like that unless off course they were not crows but the other crow like bird who's name escape me for the moment. They are like gangsters lol. Moving about in big groups attacking cats and what not -
reply to post by IAmD1

Dude says "flock of crows or rooks" . For anyone whos interested its a 'MURDER' of crows...i think a 'GANGSTER' of crows sounds better lol . or this....

A PARLIAMENT OF BABOONS! ANTHROPOMOPHIC NOUNS: The English language has some wonderfully anthropomorphic collective nouns for the various groups of animals. We are all familiar with a "Herd of cows", a "Flock of chickens, a "School of fish" and a "Gaggle of geese". However, less widely known is: a "Pride of lions, a "Murder of crows" (as well as their cousins the rooks and ravens), an "Exaltation of doves" and, presumably because they look so wise, and a "Congress of owls". Now consider a group of Baboons. They are the loudest, most dangerous, most obnoxious, most viciously aggressive and least intelligent of all primates. And what is the proper collective noun for a group of baboons? Believe it or not ... a "Parliament". A PARLIAMENT OF BABOONS! I guess that pretty much explains the things that come out from the Parliament!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Having been lucky enough to see a ufo i can attest to their penchant to accelerate, stop suddenly and take 90 degree turns at high speed.

That's doesn't mean all ufos have to exhibit these tendencies, but something out of the ordinary would be a prerequisite for affirmation of Alien origin.

Therefore, chinese lanterns is as good a explanation as any.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
Looks interesting.

My question is though ... If it was UFOs or something along those lines ... Would they really only send helicopters?

I'm a big believer in UFOs but helicopters to chase them?

They can't send F-16's or F-22 to buzz around Hollywood. Especially if the UFO's are kind of stationary...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Very interesting video dude..

I did originally think it to be Chinese lanterns, Until i watched the helicopter circling it, I think it looks very very close to the light.

Yes this could be a coincidence of it just looking like it is close due to the objects being so far away, But considering it also looks like there are 2 other helicopters moving toward/around the other 2 light's in the sky it seem's to be too much of a coincidence to me.

And if they were just simply Chinese lanterns they would have not even circled them surely, They would have just had a giggle at who reported it and moved along?

And the same goes if they were planes, My opinion being that its just too much of a coinsidence that their were helicoptors moving around all 3 light's.

First convincing video i have seen of possible UFO activity, But of course, I could be wrong

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

And wouldn't the air turbulence from the rotor cause the lantern to move a bit off course as it circled around?

There is a 99.99% chance it is not a Chinese lantern considering the circumstances revealed in the video.

But let me guess, most of you didn't bother watching more than a minute in because you are so prejudice you can't help but make fun of the video makers comments?

Seriously, barely any of you are truth seekers if this thread is any indicator of the general overall disposition and demeanor of the community.

I can't tell the depth-of-field between the objects and the helicopter, so I have no way of knowing whether the helicopter was really "circling around the object" or simply flying around LA/Hollywood in general -- maybe in the background, well beyond the objects.

For all we know, these could have been news helicopters a mile or so beyond the objects.

Perhaps they really were circling the objects -- but I'm not as certain or convinced about that as you seem to be.

edit on 7/12/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
One name..... Video Co-Pilot.... With their new 3D elements package you can drag and drop impressive orbs like these straight into you movie and with a few clicks make it fly around.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Did you read my post on page 3? I thought I brought up some decent points about why it could not be Chinese Lanterns or some other Aircraft.

Anyway, I'm with you man, most of the "debunkers" throw out opinion based on their personal hunch rather then critical analysis.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

you've said everything that i would have said
if i wasn't too busy making snarky two-liners

there is just one thing i want to take up though; you ask if the helicopter was really circling the object
to me that was one of the strangest things in the clip
to me it could not seem more obvious that it was circling
it was taking a good long goosey..
my perception may not be the truth, but that is how it seems.

also the comparative brightness between all those different lights has been bothering me
can lanterns really be as bright as helicopters?
i would not know; in my corner of the world i guess they do not exist.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
...also the comparative brightness between all those different lights has been bothering me
can lanterns really be as bright as helicopters?
i would not know; in my corner of the world i guess they do not exist.

I think it would depend on how close the lanterns would be to the camera opposed to the distance between the helicopters and the camera.

In this particular case, since we don't know how far the objects are away from the helicopters relative to the camera, it may not be valid to compare the brightness of the objects with the brightness of the helicopter.

We can't tell whether or not the helicopters were close to the objects or of in the distance beyond the objects. If the helicopters were somewhere in the background beyond the objects, then they would appear dimmer.

edit on 7/12/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It would be interesting, and seemingly fairly easy, to fairly closely map out where these bros were partying and filming from.

Anyone familiar with the area know what the address of that building from the video is?

(Stock photo of the LA skyline at top)

EDIT: Nevermind... the youtube description states the location. That is the CNN building.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Rotor wash would have disrupted a lantern at that range.

From the POV of the guy filming, it's impossible to determine how close the helicopter is to the glowing object. There's no way to know if it's close enough for the rotor wash to affect it, assuming it is small enough to be affected. The helicopter could be 50 feet away from it, or it could be a mile from it. Impossible to say.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

yep, I'm a pilot and the apparent close-ness of the mainview helicopter shows to be unreally close, so I ponder that.....like under the rotortips close!

edit....on the third go-around,I think
edit on 12-7-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

edit on 12-7-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahweh is our new king

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Might want to get an eye exam.
5-6 red orbs hanging dead in the middle of the air...
And when helicopter moves next/over/under it in 2 distinct circles, and the orb doesn't move. i thin we can exclude chinese paper lanterns.

Wind would have moved the lanterns....not to mention the helicopter blast from the blades.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
Looks interesting.

My question is though ... If it was UFOs or something along those lines ... Would they really only send helicopters?

I'm a big believer in UFOs but helicopters to chase them?

Ummm...no they would send seal boats ?!?!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is probably already obvious to most, but I like to see things on a map. Please ignore the driving directions

The red line is the line of sight for all the action the bros are witnessing.

My best guess is that the UFO's are airplanes in the distance approaching LAX and the helicopters are going about their normal helicopter business in the foreground
edit on 12-7-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join