It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Hollywood 7/6/12 - Complete With Helicopter Chase

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
just my two cents on this....

Never seen any chinese lantern as big as an helicopter (it did fly around the "light") and the chopper did look smaller...
As for being planes... i probably dont have enough knowledge nor do i see as many as there are in LA, but i think that planes dont stay put as those lights, nor the lights of planes behave like those...

No doubt for me they are UFOs because i can't tell what they are... but for me they arent nor planes nor chinese lanterns...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

hmmm kind of elaborated filming on february and saying "today is 8th of july" (i think)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Interesting. But it was so difficult to get to prospective to the given depth. I mean, was that helicopter anywhere near that point of light? If so, that point of light couldn't have been so large. For some reason, I got the impression those three lights were further back and away from those helicopters. The helicopters could've just been circling an accident as news helicopters often do.

Why did the footage end so abruptly like that? Man....I wish the background "dude, wtf is that?...it's a military black ops....." bull-chatter would've ended as abruptly instead!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

those are convential aircraft.

stay stoned, west coast brothers.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
Looks interesting.

My question is though ... If it was UFOs or something along those lines ... Would they really only send helicopters?

I'm a big believer in UFOs but helicopters to chase them?

Was the helicopter really "sent" after the objects, or just happen to be flying in the background?

I'm not saying it IS in fact chinese lanterns, but the helicopter could have nothing at all to do with the objects, and could have been well beyond.
edit on 7/10/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Waves of ufo's leaving Earth, do they know something we don't? Alternatively, there is a party going on with the requisite Chinese lanterns.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by quelmarth
just my two cents on this....

Never seen any chinese lantern as big as an helicopter (it did fly around the "light") and the chopper did look smaller...
As for being planes... i probably dont have enough knowledge nor do i see as many as there are in LA, but i think that planes dont stay put as those lights, nor the lights of planes behave like those...

No doubt for me they are UFOs because i can't tell what they are... but for me they arent nor planes nor chinese lanterns...

You have been told what they are, they are chinese lanterns.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Im glad they have finally arrived! Great Thread!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
From what I can tell the helicopters are in the foreground circling in two places. The bigger ones are somewhere over Wilshire Center/Normandy Blvd. About 2 miles from the observers. Close to rampart a pretty crappy part of town.

The smaller ones are further back near the 110- 10 interchange close to down town about 5 to five miles away. the 110/10 interchange is a massive cluster F at all times of the day or night and traffic helicopters are always hovering over it getting shots or footage of traffic, accidents, high speed chases or shots of the city from that vantage point.

THe objects in the very back ground that everyone thinks are UFO's look to be the planes on final approach to LAX. They are probably about 12 to 20 miles out in that video. They would be traveling initially when they are several miles out toward the camera and appear to be hovering. As they get closer they would eventually be obvious planes lining up on approach and would be moving from left to right in the video if the camera man had panned all the way over to the right. Maybe his terrace didn't have a view of the planes from that angle.

But this is a very normal sight in LA every night. if it were a UFO those helicopters which are mostly news copters would have had a field day.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If this is CGI I'll eat my shoe. That's not to say it's aliens, of course, but that is not CGI. Whatever it is, it was really in the sky and so were the helicopters.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

It is strange if they are helicopters that the air dislocation from the helices did not seem to affect the "lantern" (second video). It would be interesting to see a FOIA report on that event.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I agree with BASSPLYR. I lived in Hollywood most of my life, and the night sky is always full of air traffic (planes, helicopters, blimps, etc.). There are several airports, each with their own traffic pattern.

In the video, we can't really tell how far away the objects are. The helicopter may not have been anywhere near them.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
LA members, thanks for the input. That type of data is always usefully in these situations. Perspective.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yeah keep in mind that in that shot alone planes could be on approach to Long Beach international Airport. Compton City Airport, Santa Monica Airport, Or Los Angeles International Airport.

The helicopters for news channels are usually kept in two places in LA (for the most part) in the valley of LA and in mid city on the roofs of the actual news stations or at one of the local airports. The ones coming from the news stations headquartered in the Valley part of LA all have to come through the Cahuenga Pass along the 101 freeway. The mouth of the Cahuenga pass on the cities side is pretty much Highland and Hollywood where this was filmed. So half the news copters in the city have to pass over the videographers apartment every time they go into the city. Which is constantly.

I can say though that they are not Chinese Lanterns. I mean 1. they don't look or act like chinese lanterns. 2. they are too big. 3. the helicopters wouldn't be risking getting too close to one to film it. They can get a close up on it from several miles away if they want to. 3. with the amount of times chinese lanters are called the UFO's you'd think they'd be selling them on every single corner. When was the last time you say chinese lanters for sale at 7/11?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

PART 2

Its so strange, please the Helicopter is so near at the light..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think this has been dismissed too early.

There were multiple sightings that night in hollywood, and more videos are becoming available.

and

(terrible soundtrack to this one, FYI)

Anyway - yes it's LA - Yes we have lots of air traffic - HOWEVER - Let's get a critical analysis before jumping to conclusions. The fact that there are more witnesses and more video footage lends credence that there was indeed something in the skies that night - and that isn't some sort of hoax.

The mere fact that you can clearly see a police helicopter VERY near the area of one of the lights suggests that this was a very real event - real enough to possibly deploy a helo to check it out.

The next question is - was the Police Helo circling the light or doing something else like traffic (as other posters have mentioned). Let's see if we can some critical analysis of the video and find out.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Here's the thing with your it's normal air traffic theory. I work in aviation, and have done so for 13 years. I live in San Diego, and I also see tons of night time air traffic moving in to SD International.

The helo flies towards the light. Yes there might be a perspective issue (distance) but you can't discount how the helo flies right toward the light, even climbing in altitude - then circles right around it. Had the helo been "near" the object, I'd buy into the theory that it was a perspective issue and co-incidence - maybe.

Also, those lights are pretty much stationary for the entire length of the video, which is approx. 4 minutes. Approach speed for a 747 is roughly 170 miles per hour - If it were an aircraft on approach to LAX it would have traveled about 11 miles - which would have clearly been visible in the camera.
If it were taking off - it would have been travelling much faster, and thus would have exhibited even more movement.

Furthermore, three lights are visible - and none of them have the distinctive FAA required wing and tail lights (red and green) that should be visible - especially if it's landing lights are on (which is the only explanation of why an aircraft would be bright white in the night sky).

All of these points lead me to plead with the community to give this footage more critical analysis.

ETA:

Looking at Google Maps, and using Koreatown as a reference point, it's approximately 20 miles from K-town to LAX. Given that the Aircraft doesn't have to take roads, the distance would be much shorter. I wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that if we see something in the sky for 4 minutes that should be travelling at roughly 170 miles an hour that if it were on approach, it would have landed - or have been very close.

Highlands is north of Koreatown, so the observers were looking due south/southeast if they are correct in assuming the objects were over Koreatown.
If that is correct, then it WOULD BE in the general flight path of LAX.

edit on 10-7-2012 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I can actually verify these sightings this whole month here in Los Angeles. About 4 weeks ago I saw a similar 'fleet' over Torrance come in from the ocean over land. There were about 2 dozen "UFOs" moving in unison about 2AM. There has been a lot of strange activity here with helicopters and what was described to me as "safety drills" when I called the cops but what I saw was not explainable as any known aircraft or flares.

So when I saw this video, I totally believe it because was wondering if anyone has been catching these things on film lately. And they give off the same 'amber' light as the ones in this video. And if you think I don't know what planes or helicopters look like, I've lived around the LAX and other airports my whole life.

edit on 10-7-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Is everyone in LA that bloody stupid sounding?

Gawd, no wonder the aliens ignore us like the scum-sucking low life parasites we so obviously are.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Interesting video, and some valid discussion in this thread. At the end of the day, "inconclusive," as always.

On a side note, does the one guy not sound exactly like Walt Jr. on "Breaking Bad?"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join