It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Hollywood 7/6/12 - Complete With Helicopter Chase

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Dude, thats like Chinese lanterns Bro
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Dude, I've never seen Chinese lanterns in the night sky so I'm not sure what they look like.
Would a Chinese lantern do that? Would a helicopter investigate a Chinese lantern?
Wouldn't those in the helicopter already know what a Chinese lantern looks like?

edit on 10-7-2012 by orbitbaby because: duh

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Not that impressive after watching through it .. they don't have any unusual flight patterns as has been pointed out .. most of them just look to float up and away slowly .. hate to say it but lanterns seems a very very .. very plausible explanation... does look like a copter is there, but I don't see a chase of any kind..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Here is part 2:

I will reserve comment on this video. It is very interesting as is the first video.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Chinese lanterns. Yup.
They move like Chinese lanterns and don't act at all like they're intelligently controlled, nor does the one the helicopter circles react to the helicopter.

Chinese lanterns or flares on balloons.

Anyone that's as impressed or blown away and convinced that these are intelligently controlled spacecraft piloted by aliens, well, good luck with all that.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby

Dude, thats like Chinese lanterns Bro
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Dude, I've never seen Chinese lanterns in the night sky so I'm not sure what they look like.
But those things appear to not be moving. At least not much. Would a Chinese lantern
do that? Would a helicopter investigate a Chinese lantern? Wouldn't those in the helicopter
already know what a Chinese lantern looks like?

They don't move all that much, it depends on the weather and how far you are away from them because that also affects your perception of their movement..

Would a helicopter pilot investigate? he might if he couldn't identify it .. and would they know what they look like? they are people just like you =) you'd be surprised how many people wouldn't be able to identify it and would misreport it as a UFO ( since it happens ALL the time ) .. it's possible someone reported it and they went to investigate.. just one scenario

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well I found this one pretty interesting, I don't really like dot in the sky videos but to have helicopters circling them several times is what did it for me! Certainly do not see that often if ever...

How long would it take a chopper to confirm that it was a lantern? Would they really need more than one pass to know what it was?

Anyway thanks OP, S&F.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Rotor wash would have disrupted a lantern at that range.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Good point! They definitely thought it warranted a good old look anyway! I wonder if we will hear anything about it or if there are any other videos out there. Perhaps someone out there had some zoom? It's a good find in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Rotor wash would have disrupted a lantern at that range.

What if the helo was way further back and the lanterns where closer to the camera. Perspective.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I live in LA. Used to live very close to where that video was filmed. It's helicopters and planes on final approach to LAX Airport. It looks like this every single night in hollywood/LA why would they think something was odd that night? Probably hit up the medical dispensary on the corner earlier is what it was.

I know the angle they are looking at and some of those are planes going to LAX. Most are helicopters looking at 10PM traffic etc. yes we have gridlock at 10PM. Some might be police copters checking out the traffic too. I know people don't generally look up, especially in big cities. But those lights are over some of the most heavily populated areas of LA. Hollywood and Highland is the equivalent to TImes Square in people walking outside at all times of the day/night. There were literally millions of people out that night right under those "UFOs" and nobody saw the "UFO's" except some faders on a rooftop?

Also, not chinese lanterns. Just normal aircraft.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Nice post.

Can I ask if anyone can tell me what the triangle formation is about.

I have seen this before 3 UFO in a triangle formation, this was few year's back.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
yeah it seems like a non case. either fake or chinese lanterns.
even if it were ET ships it would be useless video. moving on..

btw does anyone have the 1974 article "Flying Saucers and Physics" by Stanton Friedman?
he doesn't have it on his site and he's being a bit obtuse about it. it seems it's lost to history

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
if you read the comments on the second video,one says that it was filmed in February when paratroopers parachuted into Hollywood and says to Google it.I personally can't be bothered.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
DUUUUUDDE! BROOOOO! They're like Chinese Lanterns dude, but they're like giving off loads of heat energy.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Not chinese lanterns. just aircraft. We see this every night in Los Angeles. THere is no mystery or hoax. Just normal air traffic. Also those would have to be some big ass chinese lanterns the size of hot air balloons because from where they are filming the area of LA that the UFO's are hovering over would be about 6 miles or more away. LA's huge. The perspective could be lost if you didn't know the landmarks here and there in the background to gauge the real distance.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well... I see at least one shill in here. So it at least has the potential of being the real thing.
But it also could've been Hollywood filming a scene for a movie at night.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Def. not filming a scene at night. I work in the industry. at a glance I can tell it wasn't some set up. These guys are just faded early 20 somethings who were drunk and stoned on a rooftop and thought they saw UFO's. DOn't get e wrong. I've seen UFO's on two occasions. They just weren't in LA. THought i've seen experimental craft making their way to edwards or further inland but never a UFO while in LA.

That being said the mountain range that brackets the north west side of the city (Santa Monica Mnts) do get regular UFO reports. Mostly concentrated around Topanga Canyon. But you got to remember Topanga Canyon is where the hippies that got sick of Laurel Canyon and though it wasn't hippy enough for them all moved to Topanga Canyon. So take their UFO sighting with a grain of salt. Also, if the UFO's are sighted in places like Chatsworth in Los Angeles you disregard them too because the observer is probably a major meth head or worse.

LA's skyline looks like this every night BTW.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yeah, these guys are way too doped up to be able to clearly make a CGI video.

"Yo, dude, I didn't tell anybody this but there was a flock of birds over here."

What a bunch of pot heads.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The Deadliest Catch clip was awesome!
I saw that episode and literally lol'ed.

To OP... I am at least glad that someone has filmed something with some language in it. Most of these "amazing" videos are filmed and nobody is saying WTF IS THAT? I find that unbelievable. I don't know what it is, but I can find it more believable because folks are amazed. Interesting watch regardless.

edit on 7/10/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Do helicopters usually circle the incoming planes over and over?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join