It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love the new ATS front page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Change.

Some people like it, some people hate it.

Some people embrace it, some people resist it.

Wanted to spite all the haters and show some love for the new front page. Also, I love to make them mad over cosmetics.

I love how it is color coded for the different categories. It is sooooo much cleaner looking, and no longer a jumbled up mess.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This forum is for rants, not raves. Change your attitude.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I like it too. My only dislike (and this is nitpicking) is that the links on the page open a new tab. That's just a little thing that bugs me. But like I said, that's nitpicking.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
well i guess its fun to change things once in a while.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
as a creative director / UI designer, the front page is horrifying. way too much visual noise.
in theory it might have been a good idea, but once you flush it out, its a fail in this circumstance.
(bad typography. the content in the boxes is squishing the headline text. making it really hard to read.

typography is everything. it demands respect.

ATS needs an Art Director. not just back-end engineers.
edit on 7/10/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I hate turtles.
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I like the new front page as well .. less ads floating around and very easy to tell things apart.. I have no issues with it ..

rant
I hate pickles though.. with a passion... stupid pickles

/rant
edit on 7/10/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
as a creative director / UI designer, the front page is horrifying. way too much visual noise.

No disrespect to ATS either but on that note I do agree.. I work for a marketing company and we do a lot of web design work.. the entire ATS site needs to be re-thought design / UI wise .. =) but baby steps .. It would do them well to hire on a good designer to give this place an overhaul .. bring it up to standard.

I've seen far worse..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
This forum is for rants, not raves. Change your attitude.

haha, yea, it is kind of an anti-rant

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The design is objectively awful. And I use the word objectively purposefully and confidently.

As far as the set-up is concerned everything is all wrong. This is not a matter of subjective taste - although some people such as the OP seem to lack it - this comes down to science, the fundamentals of design and the human mind. The design goes against many laws of design theory.

It's a bad design as a matter of fact.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I love the new front page

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It makes it hard for my eyes to focus. I think it flares some of the dyslexia symptoms I don't usually have problems with.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
With the Ridiculousness of much of the banter that goes on over here, I'd rather not see it highlighted front and center - Off Topics probably shouldn't be on the Home page ...

edit on 10-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
Change.

Some people like it, some people hate it.

Some people embrace it, some people resist it.

Wanted to spite all the haters and show some love for the new front page. Also, I love to make them mad over cosmetics.

I love how it is color coded for the different categories. It is sooooo much cleaner looking, and no longer a jumbled up mess.

Yeah. I agree on one angle, you sure as Hell don't need glasses!

Those headlines remind me of the tableoids in both the US and UK. Maybe ATS has looked at the posts in the last year or so and decided to speak that language (so to speak)...

I'm saying, it is most definitely not a quality or attractive face to put forward. But, hey, what do I know. I only had a couple of classes in layout design.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

i like it tooz!

too bad i'm more a new topic firehose kinda guy

still bothered by recent changes there

maybe they'll be "improving it" again soon?

hopefully for the better
edit on 10-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join