It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Booms As The World Struggles

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
They have no choice. They are not big enough to operate independently and they are an economy based on trade. There options are to play by the other guys rules, or don't play.

How does fish and huts (granted, heated by geo) sound to you? That's pretty much all they can provide with out importing.

Actually there's always a choice. Its just that the government which now sits
in power is very narrow minded and the social democrats here are still in it ,
even despite them also being in the government before the collapse of 2008.

They're running the same faulty policies ,including their rampant agenda for
joining the EU no matter what. There has been a cartel style corruption here
too aswell as in most other countries. It breeds blatant narrow mindedness.

Yes we have fish and geothermal heating. Free clean cold and hot water.
Greenhouses that grow most edible fruits and plenty of production facilities.

The real issue is the abuse and mismanagement of the system structures.
Lots of people are homeless ,yet we have more than enough housing to
house everyone. Medical care has been gutted left and right as they make
cuts and more cuts in spending on it. Another revolution may yet be needed.

Incorrect. Iceland does not produce any of the resources critical to the modern world. They are completely dependent on trade. They have no choice but to put their currency up against the global market. What was the krona at before the collapse? 85-90 ISK/Euro. What's it at today? 157.44 ISK/EURO Let's see where it goes when they run out of money again...oh wait, they are already running massive deficits again.

It is true that Iceland relies on exports and imports. We could do without it but it would make
things very difficult to the point that it would be easier to move away. But that is in part due
to unjust laws and mismanagement. We didn't run out of money. The financial traitors took
the money's value and ran off with it. That's what caused the collapse. Tax haven corruption.

You are questioning my knowledge on economy while you do exactly what the planners want?

Iceland has just become a fully dependent nation...not independent. The have no credit value, they have no international trust, and they rely on trade. They have become completely dependent on those they were trying to free themselves of...where's the golf clap emote?

This is what the planners want. They want dependence. Dependence gives obedience.

The way out of this mess, and the way to screw with the planners, is to pay down our debts and NOT GET ENDEBTED AGAIN! Plain and simple.

Pay off your credit cards, pay off your mortgage, loans, etc. And never borrow again. If you don't borrow, they have no power over you.

Unfortunately mismanagement has caused prices to rise to levels which have made it very seducive
for common people to take loans. I for one haven't taken loans and will advice others to refrain from it.

Edit to add:

Tenth,

You do know that Iceland is currently being propped up by the IMF and the Nordic Nations (Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmarl)?

To the tune of 4 billion Euros (632.77 billion ISK). 1.56 billion IMF, 2.44 billion Nordic.

None of the general population is privy to the details of those..."loans".

You do also know that all of the future projections for Iceland's recovery have been based on the current ISK rate?

Iceland has been sold out as a slave state by their government. Joe average just hasn't realised it.

They went from an ugly, yet manageable state, to a bought and paid for state...

edit on 12-7-2012 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

Over half of those assistances have already been paid back/returned with the rest in the process.
Governments generally seem to follow the corrupt systems that are found around the world.

It looks like that is beginning to change. We see these scandals now emerging with the financial
institutions like the libor thing and the various audits being done. New systems are coming into place.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thanks for everyones input this thread is going well

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
simple. just brake it up into states.
just look at how much money they could have
if they stopt spending it All on weapons and government.

Originally posted by amongus
Let's see...Iceland, vs. the united states.

How many more millions of people does the US have? It's the equivalent of a small island going up against a continent.

I'm happy for Iceland, but it's apples and oranges. Name one product that comes from Iceland.....do they even have an army?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Honestly the world could do without bankers and banks that operate on the principle of profit. Their should be local community banks that just run on taxes which pay the employee salaries. That would take care of 99% of the problems we are having.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Iceland ,

These politicians and bankers who harp on about national debt , and make believe economies , has anyone reminded them that THEY PRINT THE MONEY ?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RockLobster

I wrote another thread about the same kinda stuff... our banks are " too big to fail " what we need to do is down size.. maybe just do with corportations all together, only allow a bank or buisness to be only so big.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Looks like spain is getting ready to follow the steps of Iceland..... I hope they topple their crooked government and give the world another example of how its done.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

How many more millions of people does the US have? It's the equivalent of a small island going up against a continent.

I'm happy for Iceland, but it's apples and oranges. Name one product that comes from Iceland.....do they even have an army?

Cod,(the fish) and would you believe bananas? ( they are grown in geothermal heated glass houses).

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
reply to post by RockLobster

I wrote another thread about the same kinda stuff... our banks are " too big to fail " what we need to do is down size.. maybe just do with corportations all together, only allow a bank or buisness to be only so big. [/quote

I used to think that there was a law forbidding banks to have branches? or has that been repealed?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
It's all very well cheering them on and saying well done, look how it can work etc etc..

But let's get this GDP growth in perspective, shall we?

Even now, after a few quarters of growth, the Icelandic GDP is still only 70% of what it was pre-crisis. They are still trying to recover what they had and they lost a lot when economies like the UK or Germany have only lost fractions, rather than actually growing a bigger economy. Don't be too quick to cheer them on as a model for the future, they still have problems and will continue to have problems in the future..

Look at this chart of how the Icelandic GDP has changed over the last 50 years.

Icelandic GDP 1960-2011
edit on 26/9/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Remember Obama and crew would have you believe it takes longer than four years turn things around.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Pretty much this. How much money does Iceland spend on defense. How many billionairse live in Iceland?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Doalrite

Remember Obama and crew would have you believe it takes longer than four years turn things around.

Obama will say anything in hopes of people liking him. The Great Panderer

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
When I was entering the military I wanted to go to iceland for the women and I never got the chance.

Ended up on Malmstrom military base and hated it in general for its cold and lame ass assignment of deployable plumbers.

Filtering water in rowpus with a #ty memory was the best part.

But like I always said god gave me a dope processor but skimped out and gave me made in china memory.....still though genetics aside its all good.

Still could have done well in ice lands

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tekeen

Going to Iceland would be cool.. as for the rest of your post i don't know what to say but... smoke another one bro

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
still going strong...

but of course all we hear of is syria....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join