It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Government Scanners Will Instantly Know Everything About You From 164 Feet Away

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
reply to post by Kryties

I'd like to see those tv stats if you have them. If you expand what constitutes as a terrorist by post 9/11 definitions then globally I believe more people are in fact killed by terrorist-actions if not by the terrorists themselves than by tv sets.

www.dailypaul.com...

More Americans Killed by Bees and Wasps or Falling Televisions than by Terrorists

Since 9/11, a total of 238 American citizens have died from terrorist attacks, or an average of 24 per year, although only 15 Americans died in 2010 and 17 in 2011—none of them in the United States and almost all of them in Afghanistan or Iraq, where the U.S. has been waging wars for a decade. Thus out of 25,719 terrorism-related deaths worldwide in 2010-2011, Americans accounted for only 0.124%. This is consistent with the fact that the total number of attacks worldwide in 2011 dropped by nearly 12 percent from 2010 and nearly 29 percent from 2007.

To put these numbers in perspective, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the average American is as likely to be crushed to death by televisions or furniture as they are to be killed by a terrorist.

Ha! Those are for American citizens! I was referring to the global population at large. Regardless your stats are valid and I am sure global stats exist alongside them. Yet Somali Pirates, Mexican Drug Lords, Mafias, General Assassins, etc do acts of terror which I say kill more than falling tvs world wide.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Sorry if this has been posted - please delete if it has, I've been away from ATS for a while. I just saw this and got mad. I did a search and was surprised it didn't come up.

I am so overwhelmed and tired of talking about this subject, and been avoiding ats because I just don't want to talk about it anymore. I'm beyond mad to just... loosing hope for our nation. I'm sure there are a lot worse nations, and some better. But this is mine, and it breaks my heart.

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Welcome to the end of the Last Days. This stuff is just getting started, it's going to get alot worse than this. This is nothing compared to whats coming.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
This technology can go on the oversensitive mode and people will start getting pulled over and pulled out for reasons that baffle them.

Rub a shoulder with factory worker in chemical plant and earn good traces of some dangerous chemical on your self. Next big thing is you are a potential terrorist probably making chemical bombs in your house. Follow it by, items like criminal record, no fly list inclusion, problems getting jobs, credit and dozens more problems.

All because your rubbed shoulders with some innocent factory worker while heading home on a crowded subway train. Nonsense!

edit on 10-7-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

It is worse than that. Go get your hair spray or deodorant or antiperspirant. Now check what is in them. Run a search on the net for them. Guess what one listed use for just about all of them is going to be for some type of explosive. Just about every thing you use everyday can test positive for explosive. Some food has been know to test positive for explosive. The washing powders you wash your clothes in can make your clothes look like a bomb. Just walking thought the grass will make your shoes show positive for explosive from the fertilizer used on it. You get the systems so oversensitive that the number of false positives will all but make the whole thing useless.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well, it doesn't know everything about you in picoseconds, the laser burst times are in picoseconds, but for a net journalist he got a lot of it right.

This is sort of an outgrowth of an IED detection system that could spot explosives residue at a distance before you rolled over it.

You might be able to turn it into some pretty slick medical diagnostics.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hmm well ya think you can describe it a little bit for instance how this "government scanner" is going to work

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Just microwave youre DL for 20 seconds..destroys tracking device

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

Terrible advice. There are RFID chips in some DLs/ IDs but, a RFID is not a tracking device in the terms of ability to track your current location. Most RFID chips hold the same data that is found in print on the card it's self.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

Well guess what. Some states are now making DLs with a metal strip in them so if you try this trick you will destroy the DL. It will melt and can even catch fire if you do this.
I got that infor from a state trooper.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Agree there! no need to wait for catscan results and also might help with finding out how effective the chemo drugs have been for cancer treatment and if there are any such cells hiding somewhere in the body. Not only that, it will help in quickly or frequently testing to finding out if cancer or certain disease has come back.

Wonder how much does this device cost. Looks like a size of a small shoe box.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

This reminds me of an old Star Trek Voyager episode in which Seven of Nine figures out how to directly download information into her brain. The resulting influx of information lead her to find numerous conspiracy theories that all made perfect sense according to the facts.

Having said that, there is a such thing as having too much information. Think of how many wrongful criminal convictions this could cause. Walking down the street near where a shooting occured with powder burns on your clothing is not a crime, but I fear it soon will be.

Too much information leads to many problems. This device would also remove the human interaction aspect of criminal investigation.

What about those concealing weapons legally? Are they going to have to stop their lives each time they are scanned?
edit on 10-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am dubious about this.
Relatively few things are detectable on the skin surface.

I want to say its one of those things that make big brother look omnipotent similar to the CSI effect where people believe everything is instantly detectable and "enhance" gives impossible details.

Fact is less than 10 percent of all homicides are solved each year.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
well then, the way to defeat this is to get a tiny spray bottle filled with water and traces of cannabis and gunpowder and go through crowds of people and casually "mist" everyone with it.

when the pigs start pulling everyone that shows positive out for a search, and find nothing, the s will htf.

Except you'll be caught on cameras spraying everybody and then charged with possession.

It would have to be a well hidden sprayer not a spray bottle per se. Something like a magicians flower squirter.

Be creative

You DID say casually.. but for some reason I imagined somebody "casually" spraying people with a bottle sprayer. haha
edit on 10-7-2012 by BoyMeetsWorldATS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think this tech could be useful in something like the Olypics.
At the starting line, a quick scan identifies the drug cheats and they are removed before the race occurs so the true winners get to stand atop the podium, rather than unceremoniously having their medals upgraded months later.

Other than that (would be handy to use in a hospital waiting room as well I guess), I think it is a dangerous game they are playing at. I'm sure we all have our own chemical signatures, so all the info it scoops gets plonked into a great data-base and the next thing we know we are denied health insurance because our food intake doesn't contain enough vegetables....
grrr

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well isn't this convenient?

CNN reports that 90% of US currency has traces of drugs and this technology allows for a search, seizure and maybe even incarceration on suspicion.

articles.cnn.com... aine.traces.money_1_coc aine-dollar-bills-paper-bills?_s=PM:HEALTH

So in essence, 9 out of 10 people will be suspicious enough to be arrested anywhere, anytime.

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well, that's convenient for the cashless society movement!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well, I haven't looked into the specifics of how it works, but maybe this will finally help us keep drugs from entering the country from Mexico.

They can just scan the cars and everything, and that will be the end of it, because that's the only way drugs could really get in right...from the drug guys down south, right?

Some guy really made me laugh the other day...he said the CIA imports drugs into the US! I mean, come on, why would they do that? He said the banks were profiting from the sale of those drugs and laundering the money! Ha ha! Who would believe that?

Nobody apparently, because that's exactly what has been going on since as far back as banks ever existed. Slavery, selling of children (slavery), selling of opium and drugs, preaching to corrupt the minds of the masses. Centuries and centuries of this. The secret societies? This is the "knowledge" they pass on...how to make money at any cost, and keep making it, at any cost.

I am so embarrassed to live in this country, and this planet. It's like I need to breathe justice, and I'm being suffocated by filthy corrupt people...many our own neighbors who rather turn the other way.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I guess it's time to walk around with electromagnetic pulse devices.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hold on tight to this novelty we call privacy! It will be a thing of the past very soon. Just look where technology is headed; we cannot escape it.

I have plenty of skeletons in my closet that I would rather not put light on, but had I grown up in an environment where there were no closets then I probably would not have any skeletons to hide in the first place. No?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Star because you gave me a really good chuckle. Innovative idea.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Why 164 feet? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? If you shine it into a crowd and the laser registers a "hit" how would you tell who it is? There might be multiple hits from multiple individuals and now you have to arrest everyone in the room. These systems will always be at gates or choke points to monitor people up close and personal (like they already do).

Besides laying on hands and "groping" is important to teach people they have no privacy. They will do more of that in the future, not less.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join