It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Government Scanners Will Instantly Know Everything About You From 164 Feet Away

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This will cost an arm and a leg
This will generalize alot and everyone will be a suspect
Everyone already is a suspect anyhow
Generalization will soon be proof
Technology is bypassing the legal system, no need for warrants anymore
You will soon have a Judge Dredd, Law, Judge and Executioner.

We will never have a Star Trek-esque society
Society will be too oppressed to evolve and the entire education system will be more corrupt as well

Star Trek will never happen
Judge Dredd will

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I'd like to see those tv stats if you have them. If you expand what constitutes as a terrorist by post 9/11 definitions then globally I believe more people are in fact killed by terrorist-actions if not by the terrorists themselves than by tv sets.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Your point is valid in that it may not replace what they currently do and may be added to standard procedure but don't forget the costs involved. What they do currently costs money. If it's profitable to just scan with 99% or 100% certainty and cheaper too, that will be the new norm.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

A,B Or C...why the hell should I be subjected to those ABC options at all?

Society has rolled on perfectly fine without all that crap for millenia.

Just makes it easier for the corrupt elite to fill their profit run prisons with slaves...

But you go ahead and support the molecular scanning of the entire population if you feel its a good idea.

Surely you are not advocating a return to slavery as a new method of transportation. The good ol' days were not so good as we may believe just as the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I do not believe scanning the entire population is a good idea, I said it was a step up and long overdue technology wise. If this saves but one life it will be worth it. A loss of one is a blow to many. If we disregard that logic then casualties become acceptable - a new norm.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky

Surely you are not advocating a return to slavery as a new method of transportation. The good ol' days were not so good as we may believe just as the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I do not believe scanning the entire population is a good idea, I said it was a step up and long overdue technology wise. If this saves but one life it will be worth it.

No I am not advocating a return to slavery-I meant this would make it easier for modern day slave camps to be filled up-By that I mean prisons run for profit,with a captive workforce who get a dollar a day or similar.

The molecular scanner could ensnare many folks for minor infringements,thus filling up the prisons with new"slaves."

A loss of one is a blow to many. If we disregard that logic then casualties become acceptable - a new norm.

Have not the elites of the western world long since disregarded that logic by sponsoring and funding terror groups throughout the world over decades,culminating in what we see today in the middle east?

I agree with your comment-causalties should not be acceptable,most regular folks would agree-world leaders on the other hand seem to have long ago disregarded such a notion,leading to the mess we see today.
More oppressive technologies will only be manipulated by the same evil power hungry rulers of our planet IMO.

Just my opinions as usual.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
I wonder if it checks for prostate cancer too?

Nope, that check comes when you are actually booked in and searched! Comes with a free de-lousing though.
The bedside manner is not what you are used to.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'd consider it improbable that these scanners don't affect your body somehow
It may have amounts of radiation or may alter mood like the tool that the soviets used to use

I'm almost positive somehow it will affect health and perhaps mood

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
reply to post by Kryties

I'd like to see those tv stats if you have them. If you expand what constitutes as a terrorist by post 9/11 definitions then globally I believe more people are in fact killed by terrorist-actions if not by the terrorists themselves than by tv sets.

www.dailypaul.com...

More Americans Killed by Bees and Wasps or Falling Televisions than by Terrorists

Since 9/11, a total of 238 American citizens have died from terrorist attacks, or an average of 24 per year, although only 15 Americans died in 2010 and 17 in 2011—none of them in the United States and almost all of them in Afghanistan or Iraq, where the U.S. has been waging wars for a decade. Thus out of 25,719 terrorism-related deaths worldwide in 2010-2011, Americans accounted for only 0.124%. This is consistent with the fact that the total number of attacks worldwide in 2011 dropped by nearly 12 percent from 2010 and nearly 29 percent from 2007.

To put these numbers in perspective, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the average American is as likely to be crushed to death by televisions or furniture as they are to be killed by a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Sorry babybunnies, but the people of this nation haven't decided who our Presidehnt would be since at least the 2000 election.

As for this new technology - there goes any last shred of privacy one might have had (except for the rich or those in government whose identities and activities are hidden for national security reasons).
This technology could do marvels at diagnosing illness and genetic defects yet somehow I feel confident thinking that it will be used against the people instead of using it to help them.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So how bout some constructive ideas for countermeasures?

Clothing made with carbon impregnated fibers to mask odors?

Tin foil bodysuits?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I mean this in the nicest possible way but.....

...it will be a cold day in hell before I travel to the US and be subjected to this sort of treatment.

No offence but:
What makes you think this will not emigrate to Australia Bro?

I'm in the UK,and I have seen so much of this surveillance crap migrate across from the USA to my home country over the years it makes me sick-oh,and it doesn't stop bad dudes either,they will find alternatives as always.

It's actually been happening the other way around buddy.

UK is the big brother nation.... They've been subjected to this for god knows how much longer than it's been gaining traction in the US.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Big brother is here. Look at some of these listening devices and equipment to protect us from those evil terrorists and enemys, who want to destroy American freedoms
.www.blacklistednews.com... l

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Bong Water use #527:

Dog-Sniffer Deterrent Spray

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
reply to post by Kryties

Bong Water use #527:

Dog-Sniffer Deterrent Spray

Wouldn't it be great to have a little squirter of that, and just as they release the dog, you secretly squirt the cop next to you and then slide away, so the dog goes after the cop instead of you or your car!

edit on 10-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Now you're giving me ideas

I'm pretty handy with making weird gadgets......

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So ... we now have Tricorder technology?
Awesome!
When do we get the phazers that really can kill or stun?

I'll try very hard not to wear a red shirt.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

The tech doesn't work properly when you have idiots using it though.

dumb people work at airports.....not all...but enough...They won't be smart enough to know how to work it properly and also when they do work it properly they won't be trained/ smart enough to know how to analyze it.

If we had the best and brightest working in airports we wouldn't need this tech.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There may be some thing we can do about these machines. Heres some info and ideas about it. I dont know if this would work but its a start
www.amazing1.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This technology can go on the oversensitive mode and people will start getting pulled over and pulled out for reasons that baffle them.

Rub a shoulder with factory worker in chemical plant and earn good traces of some dangerous chemical on your self. Next big thing is you are a potential terrorist probably making chemical bombs in your house. Follow it by, items like criminal record, no fly list inclusion, problems getting jobs, credit and dozens more problems.

All because your rubbed shoulders with some innocent factory worker while heading home on a crowded subway train. Nonsense!

edit on 10-7-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

I'm in the UK,and I have seen so much of this surveillance crap migrate across from the USA to my home country over the years it makes me sick-oh,and it doesn't stop bad dudes either,they will find alternatives as always.

It's actually been happening the other way around buddy.

UK is the big brother nation.... They've been subjected to this for god knows how much longer than it's been gaining traction in the US.

Bro,its interesting you say that-I hear it all the time.
We in the UK have the perception,right or wrong,that big brother stuff comes from the USA.

You guys have the perception its come over from the UK.

Could it be we are both wrong-that in actual fact this is a collaboration of the worst parts of both of our nations who perpetuate oppression across the world,and now the very same measures are being applied to us in our home countries as the resources run out?

Or maybe the resources are not running out,and we the people are just being forced to comply with a corrupt elite who do not exist on a national political level anymore-rather we have progressed to the stage where the international banks and corporations have more power than our individual governments?

Apologies for the long questions.

In essence-could it be that we are all being taken for a ride by a bunch of powerful greedy narcissistic barstards ?

Thanks for making me think deeper Laokin.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join