It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Government Scanners Will Instantly Know Everything About You From 164 Feet Away

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Hidden Government Scanners Will Instantly Know Everything About You From 164 Feet Away

gizmodo.com

Within the next year or two, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will instantly know everything about your body, clothes, and luggage with a new laser-based molecular scanner fired from 164 feet (50 meters) away. From traces of drugs or gun powder on your clothes to what you had for breakfast to the adrenaline level in your body—agents will be able to get any information they want without even touching you.

And without you knowing it.
The technology is so incredibly effective that, in November 2011, its inventors were subcontracted by In-Q-Tel to work with the US Department of Homel
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted - please delete if it has, I've been away from ATS for a while. I just saw this and got mad. I did a search and was surprised it didn't come up.

I am so overwhelmed and tired of talking about this subject, and been avoiding ats because I just don't want to talk about it anymore. I'm beyond mad to just... loosing hope for our nation. I'm sure there are a lot worse nations, and some better. But this is mine, and it breaks my heart.

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I mean this in the nicest possible way but.....

...it will be a cold day in hell before I travel to the US and be subjected to this sort of treatment.

+53 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
well then, the way to defeat this is to get a tiny spray bottle filled with water and traces of cannabis and gunpowder and go through crowds of people and casually "mist" everyone with it.

when the pigs start pulling everyone that shows positive out for a search, and find nothing, the s will htf.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Why would this get you mad?

The reelection of GWB after his implementing of the PATRIOT act was a resounding "thank you for keeping us safe" from the American people.

It was the PATRIOT act that makes thinks like this possible. As Americans, you reelected the Commander In Chief that made it possible.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
the sheep will love it,saves them from a good groping by the t.s.a.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I find it funny, we are going to give machines the jobs of falsely accusing man of crimes they didn't commit.

Sounds 100% like the way to go, since you know we as humans don't EVER falsely imprison people, or have glitches of our own... And HUMANS building these machines only goes to show how utmost reliable they will be once implemented.

FOr those of you without the ability to judge sarcasm, that was it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
well then, the way to defeat this is to get a tiny spray bottle filled with water and traces of cannabis and gunpowder and go through crowds of people and casually "mist" everyone with it.

when the pigs start pulling everyone that shows positive out for a search, and find nothing, the s will htf.
"misting"

star for your creativity and i had other aromas in mind but i like how you think

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Actually, some blokes down here in Sydney put bong water in a spray bottle and sprayed it all over our city trains when the Govt had the bright idea of using sniffer dogs on trains and at stations. It worked a treat and left the people who authorised it very red faced.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This may sound surprising, but I welcome this news. Molecular scanning technology has been long overdue. Tell me fellow reader, would you rather if given a choice

a) be subjected to a pat down
b) be taken into a room for a frisky search
c) be scanned from a respectable distance

all knowing that your fellow passengers receive the same treatment thus securing a safe flight. In regards to this crossing the boundaries of yourself these boundaries are required to be crossed when you fly/travel internationally. Countries have very strict import laws whether you are smuggling drugs or just a new breed of toad into their ecosystem.

P.S. They will not know everything about you. Ex. Your favourite sports team.
edit on 10-7-2012 by MysteriousHusky because: P.S.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky

all knowing that your fellow passengers receive the same treatment thus securing a safe flight.

More people have been killed by television sets falling on them since 9/11 than have been killed by "terrorists". Maybe they should be focusing on ridding the world of these nasty "Televorists" than looking for a needle in a haystack that may not even be there?

Countries have very strict import laws whether you are smuggling drugs or just a new breed of toad into their ecosystem.

Normal search methods have worked for decades, people are used to them and it's the norm. Why change this?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

A,B Or C...why the hell should I be subjected to those ABC options at all?

Society has rolled on perfectly fine without all that crap for millenia.

Just makes it easier for the corrupt elite to fill their profit run prisons with slaves...

But you go ahead and support the molecular scanning of the entire population if you feel its a good idea.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This may sound surprising, but I welcome this news. Molecular scanning technology has been long overdue. Tell me fellow reader, would you rather if given a choice

all knowing that your fellow passengers receive the same treatment thus securing a safe flight. In regards to this crossing the boundaries of yourself these boundaries are required to be crossed when you fly/travel internationally. Countries have very strict import laws whether you are smuggling drugs or just a new breed of toad into their ecosystem.

Um, no thank you. It won't make us a bit safer, because the criminals will just find a way around it. It will only be a way to harass the citizens attempting to abide by the laws. There are plenty of ways to do damage without going through the scanners.

Also, if this type of intrusion is allowed, then they certainly will know everything about us, because our credit cards and driver's licenses have RFID technology now, and they will know our identity, credit records, health records, shopping habits, etc. It won't be hard to figure out who your favorite sports team is!

On another note. Suppose there are things they'll notice with this technology that could be life-saving? What if they notice an elevated heartrate and BP and adrenaline levels, and they could prevent a stroke or a heart-attack, but they don't? Wouldn't that set them up for civil liability? I'm thinking if anyone has a heart attack in an airport, they could sue the people who should have had advance knowledge and administered care!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So convenient how it is portable and can go anywhere. Enforcement won't even need to pull you over-just get a little closer- to know what's going on with you.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I mean this in the nicest possible way but.....

...it will be a cold day in hell before I travel to the US and be subjected to this sort of treatment.

No offence but:
What makes you think this will not emigrate to Australia Bro?

I'm in the UK,and I have seen so much of this surveillance crap migrate across from the USA to my home country over the years it makes me sick-oh,and it doesn't stop bad dudes either,they will find alternatives as always.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Something tells me it WILL NOT replace what they currently do now at TSA checkpoints. It will be added to the lists of devices used and radiation put forth on your bodies. Don't fall for that.

edit on 10-7-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Seconded. Please spare me the "you have nothing to worry about if you weren't doing anything wrong " or "it's for your own safety" arguments.

Also, does this not constitute as an illegal search of your person?

If I am walking down the street, and the operators of this device have no probably cause to scan me, are my rights being violated? How would I even know that my rights were violated?

This tech will be abused, or course.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

We haven't got it so bad here yet. Perhaps you are right, but my point is if travelers refuse to go to the US because of the measures, perhaps they will be dropped and then the rest of us won't have to be subjected to it if and when it floats across to us.
edit on 10/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

sweet
now that's a civic disturbance i'd support any day !!
2nd line

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wonder if it checks for prostate cancer too?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join