It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls by Islamists to Destroy Egyptian Pyramids Begin

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Don't forget that even the 'non-violent' religions have been incapable of live-and-let-live from time to time - for instance, I believe it was the Tibetan Buddhists who, as they were unable to physically take a life, would carry out death penalties by tipping people down dry wells and letting nature take its course.

As for the OP, I agree that this better turn out to be Dead Wife Sex all over again - what's being proposed, if true, is an absolute obscenity to me both as an historian and as a card-carrying member of Team Humanity.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Oh yeah of course back then there were a lot religious strife within Christianity, including the crusades. At the moment, Islam is the only religion on Earth that is causing strife overtly - globally. Yes the west is causing problems in the middle east and there are unfortunate occasions where innocents die.

But It seems like wherever theres a large population of Muslims in any country, trouble follows. It's fact.

Unfortunately you have a limited understanding of history or current affairs. You only need to look at what the West has done in the last hundred years to understand the savagery of the decedents of Ice Age cannibals.

The colonial activities by the Western powers in the Middle East and Africa has been devastating and continues to this day. The killing of over 1 million Iraqis by US is something every American needs to reflect on.

Your perceptions are so distorted you think there is a problem where you find large groups of Muslims while not realising that it is in fact the American-Israelo Axis in the Middle East causing problems.

You also forget about zionofascist rabble rousers like Pamela Geller (Jew), EDL Jewish Division James Cohen (Jew) and Senator Peter King inquisitor general of American Muslims amongst other shambolic characters.

Most decent people understand zionofascists and they will served their comeuppance.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

As a huge fan of ancient history this makes me sick. We haven't even been allowed to fully study them yet. Which is kind of annoying considering that now they want to tear them down.

I'm not sure if this could come to pass. I can hear the 2012 believers going off the deep end now if it does.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starcrossd
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Thank you for posting that (Hermetica). I've heard of it but hadn't read anything from it before.

Hopefully they are protected- aren't they considered on of the seven ancient wonders of the world? Surely, the pyramids will be allowed to stand? Ignorant humans..What a loss for the world if that came to pass.

yep, it is up there with the sacking of Alexandria by both the mussies and the chrissies and the wiping out of the South American cultures by the cathos. Sounds like we should demolish all of the religions as well then. And before anybody starts mentioning Atilla the Hunny or Hittler the maggot or Stalin the stupid, I don't want to do comparisons. The religions have caused soooo much sh1t over time, we would be better off without them.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume
Send somebody out there with some massive guns.
If anyone sets foot near the pyramids without proper permission granted, send them to their 72 virgins early.
They've destroyed enough (''peaceful'' religion?????????????)

This actually makes me really angry, and I would be genuinely cut up if anything happened to them.

It's about time we grew out of this ''my magical sky-wizard is better than your magical sky-wizard'' BS.
Society DISCOURAGES children for having imaginary friends... it's about time the adults took a leaf out of their own book, and stopped blowing each other, and everything else up over NOTHING..

72 virgins huh?

I wonder if everyone gets the same 72? hmmm.

On the bright side, after an eon of "business", I'll bet they know a few good "tricks"

"Look! Up in the sky!

Its a bird! Its a suicide jet pilot!

NO FRIENDS!!!

ITS ZAHI HAWASS!!!! DA TA DAAAAA!

HE'S SWOOPING DOWN TO SAVE THE PYRAMIDS FROM THOSE WEIRD DUDES IN DRESSES!

Seriously though.

Whomever it is behind ANY attack on monuments of this level (the Buddhas included) are in dire need of there skulls being cleft in two.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I can't even begin to insult these people. There are no words to describe the insanity, the ignorance.

These monuments have survived millennia. And these fools want to just obliterate them? And all in the name of religion (though I'm sure that came as a surprise to exactly no one).

I certainly hope I'm not going to be telling my grandchildren one day, "I remember when the Great Pyramids still existed..."

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This doesn't surprise me at all.

The extremists blew up the Buddhist statues and can't stomach other religions .. even those that are no longer active and that are just historical shells in nature.

Thing is .. these idiots are causing problems for the Egyptian people by wanting to do this.

1 - If they blow up the tourist places, there will be no tourists and Egypt gets a whole lotta money from tourism.

2 - If they blow up these historic sites, then there will be a loss of $$ from the world of academia as well.

If they destroy the pyramids ... they are freakn' idiots. Plain and simple.

They will soon get a different kind of tourist. Army slacks, camouflages, flamethowers, and they will not even need busing 'cause we're gonna ride there in tanks and PCI's... Though Egyptians will still have to carry the stones away, as they always did - to build a new Washington Monument...
Anf this tourist is going to STAY. You gotta feed him or her all your pitta and falafel.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Any attempt to destroy pyramids that have been there for perhaps 10 to 15 thousand years will be met by the world getting involved to stop it. The Islamists will succeed in stirring up a hornets nest. I don't think they really want to have a short lived takeover of Egypt. But then, they've done some other dumb things too.

edit on 10-7-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709

Originally posted by Starcrossd
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Thank you for posting that (Hermetica). I've heard of it but hadn't read anything from it before.

Hopefully they are protected- aren't they considered on of the seven ancient wonders of the world? Surely, the pyramids will be allowed to stand? Ignorant humans..What a loss for the world if that came to pass.

yep, it is up there with the sacking of Alexandria by both the mussies and the chrissies and the wiping out of the South American cultures by the cathos. Sounds like we should demolish all of the religions as well then. And before anybody starts mentioning Atilla the Hunny or Hittler the maggot or Stalin the stupid, I don't want to do comparisons. The religions have caused soooo much sh1t over time, we would be better off without them.

To be correct the non religious side of humanity has much to account for, and many more millions of dead on their hands. Islamists are not religious, they are two bricks short of a load.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Re:

.......................72 virgins huh?

I heard that the translation was wrong and should have been grapes instead of virgins. So all of those martyrs got grapes

.....................ITS ZAHI HAWASS!!!! DA TA DAAAAA!

The pathetic maggot who stopped people doing further research (probably because it either didn't fit with HIS ideas or he couldn't make any money from it)

......................THOSE WEIRD DUDES IN DRESSES!

Yep you've got it right there, they sure are weird. Probably due to their constant inbreeding

.....................Whomever it is behind ANY attack on monuments of this level (the Buddhas included) are in dire need of there skulls being cleft in two.

Too quick, how about vertically slice them at 1 inch spaces and remove every second one and throw salt over the raw cuts to close them off and then let them live like that while the sores pustulate and maggots infest them

Or lets just get all of the LEADERS of these pathetic groups and bury them in the sand and let the ants feed on their heads that are left sticking out of the sand.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Lookie here.

(Reuters) - Islamist militants destroyed two tombs on Tuesday at the famous 14th century Djingareyber mosque in Timbuktu, classified by UNESCO as a world heritage site, residents said.

About a dozen militants arrived in an armored four-wheel drive truck, armed with pickaxes and hoes. They fired in the air to intimidate people and started smashing the tombs, said Ibrahim Cisse, who witnessed the scene.

"They blocked the two main roads leading to the mausoleums. When they saw people gathering for a ceremony nearby, they began firing shots in the air," said another resident, Mahamad ould Ibrahim.

The new destruction comes after attacks last week on other historic and religious landmarks in Timbuktu that UNESCO called "wanton destruction".

Islamists of the Ansar Dine group say the centuries-old shrines of the local Sufi version of Islam are idolatrous.

Ansar Dine and well-armed allies, including al Qaeda splinter group MUJWA, have hijacked a separatist uprising by local Tuareg MNLA rebels and now control two-thirds of Mali's desert north, territory that includes the regions of Gao, Kidal and Timbuktu.

These goobers can even leave the Sufi's alone!

edit on 10/7/12 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure what this type of thread is supposed to achieve. Support for the continuation of the War on Terror? What do you want done about these "calls?" The only way the western world knows how to fix any problem: big, small, or imagined, is to blow it up.

I live in the USA and I continue to hear calls to destroy humans who live in the Middle East on a daily basis. Also my country just happens to be doing that at this very moment and for quite some time now.

Personally I find calls to destroy humans worse than destroying inanimate objects. That's just me though.

This isn't a real problem. At least one that anybody should do something about. It would inevitably involve killing Egyptians if the west was ever to do something about it.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

Not bad ideas at all LOL!

Problem with the salt though bro. That will kill any chance of infection. But hey, that will just play into our game better as they will stay "healthy" longer!

I like the way you think. We should raise a couple of pints if we ever meet!

Prost!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm not usually big on suppressing opinion, but if they really meant this, they should be lined up and shot for ever daring to suggest it. Those pyramids are part of not just Egypt's, but humanity's history, and as such they are not for a bunch of religiously retarded fanatics to do with what they want.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

I think we can come up with an approach milder than killing all Muslims. The evidence seems pretty conclusive that the religion (or culture, or ideology, or whatever) is dangerous not only to ancient monuments, but also to the lives and freedoms of people, which we agree should be protected.

May I suggest treating it as a virus, putting it in quarantine, protecting the healthy portions of the world from it until it destroys itself or mutates into harmlessness. That would require border and immigration controls, swift action if it decided to expand, attempts to cure the infected portions, and depriving it of nutrients from the outside.

Does that sound like a better solution?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
the arrogance of the people that are writing these stories.

they can barely build a government and the first thing they think to do is to take up the very thing that has confounded people for the last 4500 years

the islamists should try so their name can be added to the list of retards that failed at the same task.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Those people are lunatics and I doubt if that will ever happen.Even so the Muslim Brotherhood is crazy as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
And so the destruction of all archaelogical knowledge begins.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The mystery schools will never let it happen. Go back to sleep.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
An outrage. I wouldn't call it a crime against humanity, but rather a crime against History, and human culture.

Remember the giant mountain-carved Buddha that was bombarded and destroyed by the Taliban? This would be much, much worse in my opinion because of the sheer size of the monuments.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join