It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls by Islamists to Destroy Egyptian Pyramids Begin

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I'll post your comment again also as everyone has missed mine a few pages ago making the same point.

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
It's high time this crap is put in the "Hoax' Forum because....

This is a parody Twitter account of Al-Mahmoud who tweeted the statement on the same day Morsy was announced president of Egypt.

Another hoax: cleric calls on President Morsy to destroy Giza Pyramids

Calls from a Bahraini Sunni cleric urging President Mohamed Morsy to destroy the Giza Pyramids were issued from a parody Twitter account online, the Daily News Egypt has learned.

Several right wing online portals ran with the controversial news as a means to raise alarms over the rise of an Islamist-led government in Egypt and its threat to rich historical sites. According to the rumours, Shiek Abd Al-Latif Al-Mahmoud denounced the pyramids as idolatry and asked President Morsy to destroy them.

Following a pattern of news based on hoaxes meant to incite panic about Islamists, this latest item suggests the method is effective in garnering media widesoread interest.

More

At least I'm not the only one that does a little bit of investigation before making comments

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
reply to post by jar11

So, are they only going to destroy the 3 most popular pyramids or are they gonna destroy all of the Egyptian pyramids. There are literally thousands of them scattered throughout the Egyptian badlands, recently discovered using satellite imagery. Are they gonna stop in Egypt? What about the pyramids in South America? Las Vegas? Whats next? The Sistine Chapel?

I'm gonna toss this one in my bogus bin. They are not gonna destroy anything but their own reputations.

What's next? How about we just cut to the chase. I mentioned a long time ago in this thread the dome, but why not just go straight to Mecca. That sounds good to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks
I'll post your comment again also as everyone has missed mine a few pages ago making the same point.

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
It's high time this crap is put in the "Hoax' Forum because....

This is a parody Twitter account of Al-Mahmoud who tweeted the statement on the same day Morsy was announced president of Egypt.

Another hoax: cleric calls on President Morsy to destroy Giza Pyramids

Calls from a Bahraini Sunni cleric urging President Mohamed Morsy to destroy the Giza Pyramids were issued from a parody Twitter account online, the Daily News Egypt has learned.

Several right wing online portals ran with the controversial news as a means to raise alarms over the rise of an Islamist-led government in Egypt and its threat to rich historical sites. According to the rumours, Shiek Abd Al-Latif Al-Mahmoud denounced the pyramids as idolatry and asked President Morsy to destroy them.

Following a pattern of news based on hoaxes meant to incite panic about Islamists, this latest item suggests the method is effective in garnering media widesoread interest.

More

At least I'm not the only one that does a little bit of investigation before making comments

Has Morsi or the Cleric publicly confirmed the hoax. If not, that would be a bit weird, unless they are waiting to see if the reaction to the 'hoax' is soft enough to actually go ahead and do the deed

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jar11

I agree with you, sir.

It just makes me question, what the heck is a Muslim?

As well what the heck is a Islamist?

Because right now, my definitions are all messed up.

My definition for them both is: A psychopathic person that believes everything around him/her is pagan.
Also, the man believes everything is below him, including his wife and kids and feels free to beat them.
Believes that the Old Testament is the only book he/she should read and follow and listen to no other book that speaks truth.
And believes in the entitlement mindset and that all the things in the world belong to his religion.

Now, it may seem screwed up, only because of their actions, and their actions speak louder than their words.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I do believe that the pyramids were built upon an ancient lay line of some sort, think of it as an ancient navigational system that had something to do with the way the magnetic field operates. I believe that there is more to the pyramid than meets the eye (yes pun intended), If one faction wanted to destroy the pyramids, perhaps it would be a good idea to find the reason 'said' faction would want to destroy them in the first place. Perhaps someone has knowledge of a powerful artifact contained in the pyramids. Upon destruction of the pyramids this artifact would become uncovered and now property of the aggressor by attrition. Perhaps there is some meaning-fullness to humanity that the pyramids could play and maybe someone knows this and wants to put an end to it. I find it hard to believe that people would want to destroy it unless there is a good reason. Just an idea or two.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If it is a troll then it just goes to show how easy it is to bait and troll the mainstream media / public into a frenzy.

I give it a successful troll award. Should probably go into the top 10 political troll hall of fame.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by igor_ats
If it is a troll then it just goes to show how easy it is to bait and troll the mainstream media / public into a frenzy.

I give it a successful troll award. Should probably go into the top 10 political troll hall of fame.

Once again, it all comes down to sloppy journalism.

Thank God these people don't have control over the doomsday bomb...journalists I mean!
edit on 12-7-2012 by The Ghost Who Walks because: to finish typing

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3

Has Morsi or the Cleric publicly confirmed the hoax. If not, that would be a bit weird, unless they are waiting to see if the reaction to the 'hoax' is soft enough to actually go ahead and do the deed

They don't have a time for stupid stuff like that...

Same as Obama replying for all stupid comments people made during his presidency.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
reply to post by St Udio

Re "as far as the Pyramids, i believe they are protected as a World Heritage site "

As if the crazy muzzies will respect something like that. They only know three things. Destroy, destroy, destroy

Yes there is a World Heritage Organization that helps to protect the Pyramids
whc.unesco.org...
They can always use financial contributions to protect the world's heritage if anyone want's to
help without the use of weapons

This site lists all of the places they try to protect.
whc.unesco.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hoax or no I'll wager Ammit was licking her scaly chops at the prospect of devouring the hearts of anyone who would dare destroy the pyramids.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Really couldn't care less about a few giant tombs going to the ground.

Making money out of dead people just isn't my thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TitaniumL

It has never been proven that Pyramids were tombs.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
If Muslims as a whole descrated the pyramids to the point of demolition, they would probably never survive the worldwide backlash that would result.

So if it happens, it means that somebody, somewhere wants that backlash...

Has anyone followed the money trail of this 'Brotherhood' to the source?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
reply to post by Clisen33

Oh yeah of course back then there were a lot religious strife within Christianity, including the crusades. At the moment, Islam is the only religion on Earth that is causing strife overtly - globally. Yes the west is causing problems in the middle east and there are unfortunate occasions where innocents die.

But It seems like wherever theres a large population of Muslims in any country, trouble follows. It's fact.

Unfortunately you have a limited understanding of history or current affairs. You only need to look at what the West has done in the last hundred years to understand the savagery of the decedents of Ice Age cannibals.

The colonial activities by the Western powers in the Middle East and Africa has been devastating and continues to this day. The killing of over 1 million Iraqis by US is something every American needs to reflect on.

Your perceptions are so distorted you think there is a problem where you find large groups of Muslims while not realising that it is in fact the American-Israelo Axis in the Middle East causing problems.

You also forget about zionofascist rabble rousers like Pamela Geller (Jew), EDL Jewish Division James Cohen (Jew) and Senator Peter King inquisitor general of American Muslims amongst other shambolic characters.

Most decent people understand zionofascists and they will served their comeuppance.

Um. If you're going to claim the US killed 1 million Iraqis (which is horsecrap) then provide a source. You don't get to spew some talking point you never bothered to research here. Oh and stow the "jew" racism for a few minutes. It's taxing.
edit on 12-7-2012 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog

Originally posted by TitaniumL

It has never been proven that Pyramids were tombs.

Great point. No one was every buried in the big 3. and to the nitwit that "couldn't care less" it's geniuses like you who have no appreciation of history that make me hope a giant asteroid hits earth so the universe can start over again and do it right.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume

Originally posted by Osiris1953
Losing one of the planet's man made wonders would be an absolute travesty. Losing them to sheer and utter ignorance would be even worse.

However, if this were to occur, think about all of the secret/lost chambers in these structures that would suddenly be revealed. Whatever gold, jewels, and secrets they contain would finally be known, and that is exciting in its own right.

The little history buff in me is simultaneously horrified and fascinated.

Are you for real?
These places were built as final resting places for Pharaohs.
No amount of gold, jewels, or secrets could make me excited about someone blowing them to smithereens.

Yes, your right, but the GREAT PYRAMID and minors next to it where never used for what they where intended for, no bodies or mummies where ever found in them, you would of thought that the kings chamber and the queens chamber where for the phaoroh, and his favourite queen/concubine but the baffling thing was that they where not!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
eithier way hoax or not, it's gonna take alot of power to take down a pyramid, I'am talking like a nuke.

lots of people like to shoot off their mouth but when it comes down to they got nothing to back it up.

big bad wolves they huff and they puff and they blow your house in. hahaha

not by the hair of my chinny chin chin. lol

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hahaha...i dare you muslcreeps....
If anything happens to the pyramids or the sphinx the Mecca is going bye bye...along with all the muslcreeps asses.
It would probably the 3.rd world. w.ar.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

Originally posted by Deplume
it's about time the adults took a leaf out of their own book, and stopped blowing each other

ha, he wants people to stopblowing each other, sorry had to do it.

LMFAO you beat me to it!!

2nd...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join