It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV= Mind control you need to watch this

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oh man This is just amazing

further reson why you need to throw out your tv

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
where did that fellow's emphatic speech come from, from the ~1min-4:30 mark) it is evocative.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I believe it was from the film "Network"... Awesome flik in its day

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
SHUT UP!!

I welcome you to your journey of a conspiracy analyst. The road is ever lasting and has a infinite amount of cross roads. Try not to stay in one spot for a long time because their is much to see.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

awesome video, it really is a damn shame we let ourselves get to this point

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I has ADD ( Attention Deficit Huh? )

You're brain draining tactics don't work on me, since I don't watch the news channels and listen to them, I know one sided conversations when I hear them, if you do listen to him, and the rest of the media bombardments, than I has pity on you.

I don't spend that much time watching normal tv anymore, since the dawn of commercials, I've found it much easier on my mind to buy the series than watch it on the marketing platform.

Honestly, TV has changed from a informative platform to convey real time information, to a means to keep people's minds off the whole concept that we are being restructured to accept money and value as the number one priority of life.

I don't see anyone on tv, that doesn't cost something.

So tell me this, what happens when a world starts to only focus on how they can obtain the things they need, but the things they need cost something to obtain, rather then them costing the trip to find them and gather.

You get a world that has to rely on companies to work for in order to make that money, in order to get that whatever.

Just SHUT UP, and SHUT UP, and when you are done shutting up, Shut up and agree with it.
You are a slave to value.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Everything you watch on a screen is lies and BS...apart from what that video is saying.

Oh the irony..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Hey I can't throw out my TV man are you crazy? It is now my PC screen! lol

We switched off about 8-9 months ago now, loving it!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

if a liar tells you they are a liar.. are they telling the truth?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thx., for posting this. i would like the whole world to see this. I know its just an illlusion ;-) .
BTW...., since the Year 2000 i stopped looking TV because i HATE this Sh*t "The Tube" and i absolutely don't MISS IT!!!!!!!
Its soooooo!!! extremely boring what TV is showing us IMHO, i don't miss it at all.

edit on 10/7/12 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
where did that fellow's emphatic speech come from, from the ~1min-4:30 mark) it is evocative.

Its Peter Finch in the Movie "Network" from 1976
Network
edit on 10/7/12 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Before you toss out your TV...

Watch a few episodes of "Breaking Bad" and keep your eyes peeled for old olaru12.

It's really a great show and I'm proud to have been a part of it.

Also "Longmier" for a glimpse of olaru12.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
TITLE OF THIS THREAD = MIND CONTROL

Seriously, everything can be considered mind control in some form or another. The TV, radio, music, movies, youtube videos, newspapers, public opinions, sports, drugs, alcohol, your occupation, the internet, ATS, money, even your friends and family.

Anything that influences our decisions can be called mind control. It all depends on how much and how often we are exposed to it or we expose ourselves to it that makes it have an even stronger influence on our subconscious.

Society as a whole, the education system and your cultural upbringing are the biggest mind control systems.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
reply to post by PhoenixOD

if a liar tells you they are a liar.. are they telling the truth?

That would depend on if they always lied or not

Network is a great movie

edit on 10-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
TITLE OF THIS THREAD = MIND CONTROL

Seriously, everything can be considered mind control in some form or another. The TV, radio, music, movies, youtube videos, newspapers, public opinions, sports, drugs, alcohol, your occupation, the internet, ATS, money, even your friends and family.

Anything that influences our decisions can be called mind control. It all depends on how much and how often we are exposed to it or we expose ourselves to it that makes it have an even stronger influence on our subconscious.

Society as a whole, the education system and your cultural upbringing are the biggest mind control systems.

While this may be true generally speaking, television ups the anti by hypnotically parading all of it before us using a very slanted viewpoint. Using your analogy one could declare all substances we ingest are drugs.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

I see that minkmouse has already answered your question whilst I was trying to remember the actors name ( Peter Finch.) Here's a link anyway to a trailer for the film:

www.youtube.com...
"A TV network cynically exploits a deranged ex-TV anchor's ravings and revelations about the media for their own profit."

As to the hypnotism mentioned in the video the op has posted, I've often noticed, when switching the tv off, a physical sense of relief which is, more than likely, the trance like state being cut off.
I stopped watching the news programmes a good while ago because it was so obvious how biased they were (are) and kept telling myself just to switch the tv off altogether. Never quite managed to do it though.
Funny thing is, I rarely actually watch the flipping thing. I'm either on the computer or reading books. I should think the sublimal stuff they're pumping out from the tube, is still getting in my brain though, so I'm going to turn it off right now....well, in a minute anyway...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Just like eating healthy food or junk food.

There is junk TV and good TV.

You the viewer always have the option to change the channel or turn it off.

Is your TV really controlling your mind?

Or have you decided to give it's power?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I turned it of ten years back and do not regret that decision. While I do agree there is some good programing to be had, I believe 90% of it is pure gibberish.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The video said that they are puttinig Jewish morals in a Christian Nation (they were referring to America). American is not a Christian nation, it was not founded on any religion even if the founders themselves did believe in "a" god.

Also, the TV is being used to fight against racism and homophobia (sometimes) so I guess it is not completely negative. I still don't like it much, though. I don't want to be "told" to laugh when I am watching a television programming with the annoying artificial laughter, nor do I want to be told to "shut up" just because I disagree with what is being said. That is childish behavior, there is nothing mature about telling a person to "shut up" just because you don't like their opinion.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
"Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join