It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. State Department comes out against settlement report (West Bank)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The Times of Israel
July 10, 2012

US State Department comes out against settlement report

An Israeli committee report has been snubbed by the U.S. State Department.

The report recommends legalizing most West Bank outposts and facilitating the growth of Jewish settlements in the West Bank.

The U.S. is apparently in opposition of making the West Bank settlements "legitimate".

Most Americans do not have enough knowledge of the West Bank problems.

Can someone shed some light on the facts ?

Like maybe who benefits the most from any legislation, and how land titles are handled and transferred ?

And if "investors" and "contractors" are involved in the system.

The US government came out Monday against the findings of the Levy Committee Report which recommended legalizing most West Bank outposts and facilitating the growth of Jewish settlements in the West Bank.

Speaking to reporters, State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said that the US did not accept the document, which was released on Monday by a government-sponsored legal team.

“The US position on settlements is clear,” Ventrell said. “Obviously, we’ve seen the reports that an Israeli government appointed panel has recommended legalizing dozens of Israeli settlements in the West Bank, but we do not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlement activity, and we oppose any effort to legalize settlement outposts.”

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
In 1949 Israel and Jordan signed an armistice - the West Bank was supposed to be Jordanian territory. About 20 years later in the Israeli/Arab War, Israel occupied the territory and has effectively held it since.

In that time of occupation, Israeli people start illegal settlements in West Bank and the Israeli Government/Army does virtually nothing to stop it. They effectively legitimize the settlements in every practical way, except legally.

I have seen footage of Israeli people coming into Palestinian towns, unprovoked, from an illegal settlement, and attacking Palestinians. The Israeli Army is there, to "ensure safety" but does nothing to stop the assault. Israelis yell obscenities and throw large stone. When Palestinians throw rocks back, the Israeli Army opens fire on them.

This happens all the time.

Illegal Israeli settlements have over time effectively cut off the Palestinian people from arable land, sources of water, freedom of movement, etc. Israel is most definitely slowly killing the Palestinian people based on claims that God said that land was theirs.

Even if God said that, can't the Israeli people share?

There is no legal transfer of ownership. Israelis will burn down Palestinian farms/settlements and will rebuild on top. They are essentially razing the land and rebuilding.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well my opinion is if Israel is going to annex the W.B. they should give the palestinians Israeli citizenship and allow them to keep the deeds and titles to their property. Ofcourse this would subject them to Israeli laws as citizens and making terrorism punishable under the full extent of the law, ontop of making them tax paying citizens. Wether muslim, jew or christian if they are of hebrew decent they shouldn't worry over wether or not they become Israeli. Ofcourse this would wreck the "all jewish state" but let's be realistic, there can't be an all jewish state unless they like the idea of being stuck on a reservation left to rot and forgotten like my cherokee ancestors were after the Trail of Tears.

We all know the only real reason the situation hasn't worked is because of religion. People say it's not about religion but if it wasn't the muslim wouldn't give a damn about the Temple being rebuilt, their holy place is far to the south in Mecca, nor would they riot everytime a Yahudim so much as whispered a prayer to HaShem (YHWH) nor would they try to prevent entry of nonmuslim access to Mt. Moriah. This is about stopping the biblical Israel from being reborn. Ephraim are beginning to learn who they are. The days of denial are coming to an end.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

They are willing to share. As long as it's under their terms and the people living there swears loyalty to Israel. Benny said he welcomed what the Israeli panel said about the settlements being built. The Nazi's running Israel learned their lessons quite well from old uncle Adolf.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well my opinion is if Israel is going to annex the W.B. they should give the palestinians Israeli citizenship and allow them to keep the deeds and titles to their property. Ofcourse this would subject them to Israeli laws as citizens and making terrorism punishable under the full extent of the law, ontop of making them tax paying citizens. Wether muslim, jew or christian if they are of hebrew decent they shouldn't worry over wether or not they become Israeli. Ofcourse this would wreck the "all jewish state" but let's be realistic, there can't be an all jewish state unless they like the idea of being stuck on a reservation left to rot and forgotten like my cherokee ancestors were after the Trail of Tears.

We all know the only real reason the situation hasn't worked is because of religion. People say it's not about religion but if it wasn't the muslim wouldn't give a damn about the Temple being rebuilt, their holy place is far to the south in Mecca, nor would they riot everytime a Yahudim so much as whispered a prayer to HaShem (YHWH) nor would they try to prevent entry of nonmuslim access to Mt. Moriah. This is about stopping the biblical Israel from being reborn. Ephraim are beginning to learn who they are. The days of denial are coming to an end.

This isn't about the delusion of a biblical Israel being reborn. It's about Israel illegally stealing land that doesn't belong to them. God never said that land belonged to the Jews the Jews just said God gave it to them.

God came to me in a vision and said Canada now belongs to me do you believe that too? It must be true because God said so.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

They are willing to share. As long as it's under their terms and the people living there swears loyalty to Israel. Benny said he welcomed what the Israeli panel said about the settlements being built. The Nazi's running Israel learned their lessons quite well from old uncle Adolf.

Head of nail, meet hammer.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Israel is most definitely slowly killing the Palestinian people based on claims that God said that land was theirs.

It would be a nice thing to do, a merciful thing to do and a loving thing to do. There is a peaceful solution, but neither side wants to hear it or entertain the idea. It's all one way or nothing at all. They want an all jewish state but it is written in Tenach that Israel would be the home of many nations and all would come to pray and worship at the temple. It will be a miracle to get to that day. There will not be any peace until Yeshua returns. It's not peace when you mouth the words but in your sleep you dream about murdering your enemy and desire it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Israel is most definitely slowly killing the Palestinian people based on claims that God said that land was theirs.

It's not peace when you mouth the words but in your sleep you dream about murdering your enemy and desire it.

Are you referring to Israel or Palestine here?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

This isn't about the delusion of a biblical Israel being reborn. It's about Israel illegally stealing land that doesn't belong to them. God never said that land belonged to the Jews the Jews just said God gave it to them.

God came to me in a vision and said Canada now belongs to me do you believe that too? It must be true because God said so.

Hard to argue with text written 3500 years ago. I have a feeling that the deed to the land Jeremiah bought and hid in a clay vessel is about to be discovered. And lets not forget all the archeaological evidence found proving the existence of the 2 temples periods on Mt. Moriah. If you told me Yah came to you in a vision i'd ask you for proof of being a prophet and if you couldn't prove it then i'd say you were a liar.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

It's not peace when you mouth the words but in your sleep you dream about murdering your enemy and desire it.

Are you referring to Israel or Palestine here?

Both actually.
edit on 10-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join