It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is SADDAM still the president of IRAQ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
My colleague said:

"- No WMDs found in IRAQ
- No links to Al-Quida
- No freedom nor liberty for Iraqis

So why was Saddam removed? The war on Iraq is clearly illegal and those supporting this war are supporting war crimes. So Saddam is still the president of Iraq."

I was outaraged, how can people think like that?
Saddam is clearly a criminal, one of those whom killed thousand of people and committed terrible crimes. Or not? What's your opnion?

[edit on 7-10-2004 by Banshee]

[edit on 10/7/04 by WisdomMaster]

[edit on 10/7/04 by WisdomMaster]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
by internatioanl laws he still is ( me thinks )

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
First of all, Im not to sure he was even the president to begin with, more of a dictator.

Yes Saddam committed terrible crimes against his own people. But! The War Against Iraq has killed over 13,000 INNOCENT Iraqis! The ones who started this war have commited terrible crimes against humanity as well. We went to war with Iraq on the pretense that there were WMDs there. When after 1.5 years of searching, none have been found. Clearly Saddam had to be taken out, but a War was not the way to do it.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So? What would you do now? Punish Bush and keep killing Iraqis?
I say no matter what happen, we should never leave Iraq so that we can support the new democracy and decide on trade policies.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We pull all military forces out of Iraq. We impeach Bush for starting a war that has killed over 13,000 innocent Iraqis plus the American Soldiers who have fought and died. We help Iraq rebuild what we destroyed. We help them get there democratic process going. Then we let them become a Sovereign Nation.

The End.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So who is going to repay the $200 billion we have just spent for this war? It's not fair that the American people have to pay for this!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
So who is going to repay the $200 billion we have just spent for this war? It's not fair that the American people have to pay for this!

Hey, you voted the madman in, guess you'll have to flip the bill.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Actually BUsh did not go into this war illegally. He had full support of congress and saddam did violate the UN sanctions they had one him. Legally yes he was allowed to morally that might be a different story according to who you talk to.

The senators in the Senete intellegence committee had the same information bush had! WHy didnt they tell him he was wrong before they voted for the war????

Ask that question first before you accuse bush.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

If you think that the war was just, why the hell not? If you think that we should have gone to war with Iraq, pull out your Credit Card and pay up bucko. You (generic) knew that George W. Bush was the son of the former President Bush who went to war with Iraq before, and that he would try and do what his father couldnt at any way possible. Why shouldnt we have to pay for this? Who else would? Your great and powerful Lord Bush is our GLORIOUS LEADER!!! He will lead us to victory against the bad BAD Turban Heads!!! We must support every action that he does or else we arent part of the solution!!! All Hail BUSH!!!!

[extreme sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
That's right. Iraq must pay. Or not?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

That's right. Iraq must pay. Or not?

NO!!! They Shouldnt!!!

If somebody crashes into your car, wrecking it horribly, you wouldnt be paying for it. Youd make the person that crashed into you pay. America is the wrecker, Iraq is the car.

Why must Iraq pay for our ignorant leaders pay decisions? VERY Bad decision? Alot of the country supported the war, everywhere I go I see those magnetic ribbons on the back of cars saying "Support the War!". We should be the ones to pay. We should be the ones to fix this mess. We should be the ones to clear everything up and aplogize.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It all depends on what your definition of "Iraq" is.

The US has many precedents for appointing inappropriate proxy leaders in its own borders and elsewhere, including Hussein himself and Bush himself. Bush being an uneleceted, Supreme Court appointed "president", the titular question equally applies to his legitimacy.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I mean we should use the revenue from Iraq's oil to repay. This can be done in many different ways.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There isnt NEARLY enough oil in Iraq to pay it all of. The USGS approximates that Iraq only has about 80-100bbl of Oil.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
100bbl is approx. 5 trillion dollars in revenue.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I suggest you read this. I dont know where you got 5 Trillion......................................

top topics

join