It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Surveillance of Cellphones is Skyrocketing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
And that's a good reason why smart criminal's use throw away phone's.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976

Originally posted by g2v12

Originally posted by mikemck1976

Looks like Big Brother is getting even bigger. I can understand why agencies would want to monitor the communication of known and suspected criminals and terrorists, but this is what gets my goat......

The report goes on to say....

theatlanticwire.com

The report also concluded the actual number requests is probably much higher (but is under-reported due to bad record-keeping) and the number of customers affected is actually "several times" higher, because a single request can involve multiple callers and numbers. Police can even request a "data dump" for an entire cell tower, asking and getting the names and numbers of anyone who happened to be near a certain location at a certain time of day, even people who aren't suspects.

Even people that aren't suspects....
This makes it sound like we are all suspects in the eyes of our government. Are we all guilty until proven innocent now?

With this and the drones in our airspace, I feel we have lost or are losing are rights one by one, and no one seems to even care as long as we keep getting our "bread and circus".
It is an unequivocal breech of our right to privacy and there should be laws to protect the innocent from this kind of intrusion into our daily lives.

www.theatlanticwire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

We are living in a 'security state' that has thus been kind enough not to clamp down on us.

If we all fall in line with the prevailing political doctrine and support the status-quo of the elite, there is nothing to hide or fear.

edit on 10-7-2012 by g2v12 because: arrangement

Kind enough not to clamp down on us? The clamp gets tighter with each passing day.
Fall in line? Support the status-quo of the elite?
I hope you mean that in a sarcastic manner. Because if you really mean that statement, it is to late for you my friend.
We should stand up against the status-quo of the elite, fight for what is right, not fall in line like good little sheep.

Of course I was being sarcastic. You may take it as a cryptic statement. I've studied CIA and NSA operations around tthe world. I figured out the pattern before the book, Confessions of an Economic Hitman came out a few years ago.

If you know anything about this subject, its already a matter of history.

After WWII and especially during the cold war a nihilistic core of thugs took control of our security services and they've been manipulating domestic and foreign policy with increasing force.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join