It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Incredibly Creepy Surveillance Technologies That Big Brother Will Soon Be Using To Spy On You

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hmm. Well although I think a few of these have been discussed in their own threads, still worth mentioning here the plethora of things on the horizon.

Blacklisted News Source

#1 "Pre-Crime" Surveillance Cameras

A company known as BRS Labs has developed "pre-crime" surveillance cameras that can supposedly determine if you are a terrorist or a criminal even before you commit a crime.

Does that sound insane?

Well, authorities are taking this technology quite seriously. In fact, dozens of these cameras are being installed at major transportation hubs in San Francisco....

#4 Hijacking Your Mind

The U.S. military literally wants to be able to hijack your mind. The theory is that this would enable U.S. forces to non-violently convince terrorists not to be terrorists anymore. But obviously the potential for abuse with this kind of technology is extraordinary. The following is from a recent article by Dick Pelletier....

The Pentagon’s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) wants to understand the science behind what makes people violent, and then find ways to hijack their minds by implanting false, but believable stories in their brains, with hopes of evoking peaceful thoughts: We’re friends, not enemies.

The rest of them are things I think we've covered before, these two I had not heard of though. Quite scary when you think about DARPA being in charge of a tech that allows you to implant things into people's mind.

Sounds an awfull lot like Total Recall.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

To me this is really frightening. Also I am thinking...how do we really know that they have these techniques perfected...or that they even really work at all.

Perhaps they are just saying they can effectively do this mind reading and change peoples thoughts techniques..but they really can't. Maybe they just want to convince people they can...then they can pick out (whoever they want) tag them and use them.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think it has reached the point where you just might as well accept the domination of the establishment because you people have done a swell job of not voicing your complaints about any of the invasive technology to Congress.

Your children and children's children are doomed, I think that is a safe fact to state.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
I think it has reached the point where you just might as well accept the domination of the establishment because you people have done a swell job of not voicing your complaints about any of the invasive technology to Congress.

Your children and children's children are doomed, I think that is a safe fact to state.

there is a difference between voicing a complaint, and voicing a complaint with a million dollar political donation along with it.....guess who gets heard?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

?What if every american put $10 into the collection dish and use the money to counter the pro-stance of this invasive technology. Fight money with money. It could work, it just takes enough people to look authority in the eye and remain steadfast.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
When I was a kid I used to go around to all the street lights and gather up all the toads and put them in a bucket and take them to feed my snakes. There was many of evenings that I sat under those street lights with friends and told stories of girls I liked, music that was cool and things I could like to do in the future. Those were the days when you could actually still have some privacy in a public setting.

With the new technologies coming out our younth will no longer be aloud to have the enjoyment of having a private conversation in a public setting. If two kids are sitting under a street light and mutter the wrong word or phrase their privacy will be violated in the name of security.

Don't our leaders realize that humanity has already been down this exact road more than one time?

A country that spies on every citizen is a country that is leading their people right down the toliet.

I am more scared of my own government than I am of any terroist.
edit on 10-7-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
With all this surveillance technology to deter crime and be a police state, sure is doing a bang up job. Heck, crime is still going on.
Surprised they haven't been able to catch up to the zombies yet.

edit on 10-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I can't help but feel that if we are hearing about this technology and openly discussing it in a forum such as this The government has probably been been in use for some time. I have had my suspicions about this due to some incidences in my personal life that I cannot attribute to mere coincidence. Confidentiality prohibits me from going into further detail, but I have my reasons to believe that none of us have had any real "privacy" for sometime.

Interesting thread...I will be keeping my eye on it.....as will others I'm sure.

edit on 7/10/2012 by Sparky63 because: Comments

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Actually a military friend of mine told me some years ago that anything we get public, is behind about 10 years to the military and others who developped and use the tech.

So yeah, I would not be surprised to see that special forces or CIA ( or any other 3 letter agency) have had this capability for a while.

I'm thinking however it only gets released like this when the tech becomes cheap to produce.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

minority report, here it comes. Man i am not lookin forward to this crap. Really there is nothing we can do about it either, i dont think.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

minority report, here it comes. Man i am not lookin forward to this crap. Really there is nothing we can do about it either, i dont think.

Not entirely.

Groups like the Black Hats and Anonymous are very very tech savy people. We'll simply use their weapons against them. The resistance will be strong in the 21st century.

They risk loosing more than they gain by allowing regular folk access to this technology.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Quite scary when you think about DARPA being in charge of a tech that allows you to implant things into people's mind.

I'm quite certain this tech is actively being tested on me. They have hijacked my mind to want a yummy cold beer several times throughout the day.

Seriously though, all this high tech getting cheaper and cheaper comes with a high price.

But, as long as the population at large gets that new shiny mobile device every year that they are told they need to be happy, the invasions of privacy will become the new normal and widely acceptable (and unstoppable)

I'm thirsty now... gotta go.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Not entirely.

Groups like the Black Hats and Anonymous are very very tech savy people. We'll simply use their weapons against them. The resistance will be strong in the 21st century.

They risk loosing more than they gain by allowing regular folk access to this technology.

~Tenth

I have never heard of the black hats, but im kind of glad Anon is around. back in the day i though they were a bunch computer geek goons but over time, i have come to respect them.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Truth is most of them are a bunch of geeks who are below the age of 18 sitting in mom's basement letting the real Anon guys use their PC's for whatever they want.

Black Hats are a group of hackers well known for various things around the world.

A quick google search will give you all the info you need. There are white hats too, but they have morals.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yeah that is crazy. The crime prediction software is still not 100% as it is mostly based on statistical data giving more likely than not locations. That algorithm would get leaked on the internet so fast that it would make the program redundant because the criminals would have the software too and know where not to commit their crimes.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I am on the verge of committing several crimes a day. My wife makes me toe the line though.
She is my fail safe.
If the PTB are on the verge of detecting pre-crime, I am in big trouble!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is why I do not live in a large city. Where I live I can see and hear them coming miles away....this includes their technology.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You can neither hear...nor see....a drone at thirty thousand feet....but it can hear and see you day or night perfectl...even indoors........................take it from there

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There have been a few people claiming to be mentally harrassed via some telepathy technology the NSA uses on them, or the military..
This makes it sound like maybe it is real afterall..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

find ways to hijack their minds by implanting false, but believable stories in their brains, with hopes of evoking peaceful thoughts: We’re friends, not enemies.

This is the line that really caught my attention. 1984, anyone? Reprogramming the world to fall in love with Big Brother, and make sure all your neighbors do the same? Yep. Sounds like it might be on the way.

I don't even know what to say. There's just too many things wrong with this. We're supposed to believe it will be used responsibly? Pfft, yeah right. And pigs can sprout wings of gold and fly.
edit on 10-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join