It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Robot Agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It's unfolding before our eyes. Could they ( the 1%) have enough of these stored up to replace the civilian workforce? Maybe even the military?

The following videos are disturbing if you're someone who can forsee what the future might look like (like me):

edit on 10-7-2012 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

Asimo walks like he needs a poo!

Amazing technology tho there is also an open source robot called icub

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Could they ( the 1%) have enough of these stored up to replace the civilian workforce? Maybe even the military?
I realy do hope so, it would be the beginning of a golden age for all

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

Could they ( the 1%) have enough of these stored up to replace the civilian workforce? Maybe even the military?
I realy do hope so, it would be the beginning of a golden age for all

What if the robots out numbered the humans and were only controlled and used by the surviving elites after they depopulated most of the world?
edit on 10-7-2012 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Im kind of wondering what we all are going to do for jobs in the next 20 to thirty years or so as robotics become more and more advanced. Hell even white collar jobs, such as doctors and Lawyers may become obsolete in the coming years as incentives to use robotics in lieu of Humans becomes too great for the masters of the planet to ignore.
Imagine the incentive for corporations to use machines as opposed to fallible humans and all the pesky problems that arise, like payment, time off, benefits, mistakes, liabiltiies etc...

Profit is a big incentive, and eliminating a human work force at all levels may be hard to resist for corporate heads.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914
Im kind of wondering what we all are going to do for jobs in the next 20 to thirty years or so as robotics become more and more advanced. Hell even white collar jobs, such as doctors and Lawyers may become obsolete in the coming years as incentives to use robotics in lieu of Humans becomes too great for the masters of the planet to ignore.
Imagine the incentive for corporations to use machines as opposed to fallible humans and all the pesky problems that arise, like payment, time off, benefits, mistakes, liabiltiies etc...

Profit is a big incentive, and eliminating a human work force at all levels may be hard to resist for corporate heads.

Thanks man, you said what I was thinking when I started this thread...a robot couldn't do that could it?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
As with many technologies it can be used for good or evil purposes.Fully automated factories have to be the corporations big dream.Why does this disturb me?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisisnotaname

Thanks man, you said what I was thinking when I started this thread...a robot couldn't do that could it?

There is a guy that talks about the coming Singularity (Self Aware smarter than human machines) within 20 to thirty years. This guy is no slouch, and as a futurist he has predicted a lot of things that have come true. He basically shows how how technonology has exponentially compounded at greater and greater rates each year and that is how he comes up with his theory. He is a little more optomistic than me in terms of mans future than me. He envisions a bright future, I dont see it, based on mans inherent greed and need to control power.

I need to try and remember his name and post it here, his discussions on futurism are fascinating.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisisnotaname

There is a guy that talks about the coming Singularity (Self Aware smarter than human machines) within 20 to thirty years. This guy is no slouch, and as a futurist he has predicted a lot of things that have come true. He basically shows how how technonology has exponentially compounded at greater and greater rates each year and that is how he comes up with his theory. He is a little more optomistic than me in terms of mans future than me. He envisions a bright future, I dont see it, based on mans inherent greed and need to control power.

I need to try and remember his name and post it here, his discussions on futurism are fascinating.

"Ray kurzweil" Thats the dude! Google him and "the coming singularity" Im new here and have not figured out embedding youtube videos yet, or I would. Its a great topic!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It has happened before. On Kobol. Then on Caprica. It will happen again on Earth. For 200,000 years or more humans have been in a cycle of creating artificial life and then having to run from it. Ufo's? Those are merely our last creation keeping track of us. Making sure we do not violate our terms of the treaty. Those terms are simple. We do not attempt space travel and we do not create more sentient robots. Why do you think we stopped going to the moon? We were reminded of the treaty when we went to the moon and were told we could either be destroyed or stay home.

UFO's are robots sent to watch us. No living creature could exist in something as small as most ufos. But they could very well be sentient probes watching. It is obvious. I can't understand why more people do not believe it.

This theory does not take God out of the equation. In fact it demands there be a God. A God who could create a planet with life on it like us. So much like us that we could (and did) breed with them. So much like us that the DNA is almost exact. There would no way to tell if one person had "alien" human DNA or "natural" DNA. The only way to tell is by blue eyes. Any human or animal with blue eyes has DNA from Kobol. Brown or green eyes are natural creatures evolved on Earth.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I gotta admit, sometimes I'm jealous of robots. They don't get sidetracked or bogged down by petty pointless things. They get the job done! Aren't humans just God's robots? How can I perfect my plan according to his design?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Before you know it, the Reapers will be cruising in to bring order to chaos.

Also, these mega corporations need the minions to hold on to their profits. If they eliminate the masses, they lose their profit source, no? (Which I already believe is happening, which is why we are so *bleeped*)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The irony will be when robots/computers start taking the jobs of execs.
No need for a board of directors just another cpu.

new topics

top topics

join