It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thought provoking questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I ran into this article on marcandangel which if you haven't checked it out you should it's a wonderful, wonderful site. There is obviously no right or wrong answer too these. Just thought I'd bring awareness to them.

Just a starter. The rest are on the link.
www.marcandangel.com...

Life is about growing, it's about constantly striving for positive change in yourself, to me that means mentally, physically, and spiritually. Thought provoking questions are important for growth as they bring awareness. The number one thing this world needs. After all, life's not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

edit on 10-7-2012 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hey Panda, you may want to provide a clearer link to the rest of the questions as I can't find them on the site.
ETA: I'm an idiot and missed your 2nd link. Sorry.

This is the image on your link

And my answer is 14 cos I think I stopped ageing mentally passed that point

Seek the wisdom of ages but see the world through the eyes of a child...
edit on 10/7/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

In response to #4:

"If you don't take time to make time - how can you ever have time" ~ The Matrix

As for the remaining questions, I can't think of any handy one-liners off the top of my head. I'll quietly ponder and report back later.

Lovely OP

S & F for youz

link   
I have easy answer for all of these but i'm not going to digress further and just say this. Facebook status question should have no place in this realm.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
For the age question... if i wake up all of a sudden without memory... i would assume my age by comparing people that look like me or rather my looks, build and features.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This site brings up a glaring issue:

What's with the cheesy format of using a stock photo with some thought-provoking yet overused platitude overlaid across? Has the masses reached such a low level of concentration that this is now our reading material? I see these everywhere on the internet and they are becoming a hazard.

Is it because we cannot quite muster up the confidence to ask questions ourselves? Do we really rely on the out of context quotes of others for our inspiration, but further botch it by placing it over a stock-photo with illegible badly-leaded typography making it completely void of art?

Very thought provoking OP.

edit on 10-7-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

What's with the cheesy format of using a stock photo with some thought-provoking yet overused platitude overlaid across? Has the masses reached such a low level of concentration that this is now our reading material? I see these everywhere on the internet and they are becoming a hazard.

Is it because we cannot quite muster up the confidence to ask questions ourselves? Do we really rely on the out of context quotes of others for our inspiration, but further botch it by placing it over a stock-photo with illegible badly-leaded typography making it completely void of art?

Maybe the use of cheesy stock photo's with over-used platitudes is the first step in motivating the lowest common denominator of the masses to be something better than what they currently are.

Keep in mind that prior to these 'inspirational quotes' making it big on the interwebs all they had was some feel-good story at the end of the 6 o'clock news to keep them going...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

Maybe the use of cheesy stock photo's with over-used platitudes is the first step in motivating the lowest common denominator of the masses to be something better than what they currently are.

Keep in mind that prior to these 'inspirational quotes' making it big on the interwebs all they had was some feel-good story at the end of the 6 o'clock news to keep them going...

Very possible. I enjoy the optimistic outlook. But I wager the lowest common denominator will only be motivated enough to hit the 'like' button, rather than seek further inquiry into the subject.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

Very possible. I enjoy the optimistic outlook. But I wager the lowest common denominator will only be motivated enough to hit the 'like' button, rather than seek further inquiry into the subject.

Lol I totally understand your cynicism but the journey of 1000 miles starts with but a single step. At least such thoughts have entered their heads, that is quite often the hardest thing to achieve.

new topics

top topics

join