It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. terror experts warn of attack risk as outreach program in Canada mobilizes immigrants for 'serv

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

U.S. terror experts warn of attack risk as outreach program in Canada mobilizes immigrants for 'service' to Tehran

www.ottawacitizen.com

United Nations — Absent diplomatic relations with the United States, Iran is using its embassy in Canada to recruit ethnic Iranians to “be of service” to Tehran — causing U.S. terrorism experts to warn of a possible attack from north of the border.

Estimating the Iranian population in Canada to be 500,000

Mohammadi urges all Iranian-Canadians to aspire to “occupy high-level key positions” and “resist being melted into the dominant Canadian culture

Read more: www.ottawacitizen.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well this is not good news
I think more pressure on Canada to become big-brother-ish will be the outcome from this.

And Harper in power is the perfect channel for this to occur as well.

Though I am all for peaceful relations with ALL countries closing down the embassy is perhaps the most peaceful approach in this difficult climate to take.

At the end of the day there's spies everywhere, even the U.S. has spies in every country, but for the sake of peace and not going gung-ho on PC just close it down.

Sad times....

www.ottawacitizen.com

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

IMO just more propaganda to keep the war drums beating.

I would bet good money that their Farsi "translation" is not quite correct and as "dire" as they make it out to be.

The United States should stay out of Canadian affairs, we don't want to be annexed any more than we already have by Mr. Harper.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Ya western Farsi translation is notorious for being misquoted for political reasons

I am open to the idea that Iran wants spies in the western world, everyone has spies but I don't believe they want to attack us.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The war drums are getting real loud.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Yes everybody has spies, hell Canada has spies.

(Best in the world considering you NEVER hear about them eh?)

Anyway, jokes aside, I don't see this being anything else but a political song and dance.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

U.S. terror experts warn of attack risk as outreach program in Canada mobilizes immigrants for 'service' to Tehran

www.ottawacitizen.com

United Nations — Absent diplomatic relations with the United States, Iran is using its embassy in Canada to recruit ethnic Iranians to “be of service” to Tehran — causing U.S. terrorism experts to warn of a possible attack from north of the border.

Estimating the Iranian population in Canada to be 500,000

Mohammadi urges all Iranian-Canadians to aspire to “occupy high-level key positions” and “resist being melted into the dominant Canadian culture

Read more: www.ottawacitizen.com...

I concur with Tenth. Muslims across the US are running for political positions in both parties. Jews have been doing this since the end of WWII. Though Muslims (and this includes white, black and Hispanic American converts) represent a small portion of the population, their political fervor and participation could carry allot of sway in any close election.

I don't see western Iranians as necessarily a huge threat. Anyone who is acquainted with western politics surely knows that huge advantages in power and wealth are incurred through the instilling of fear.

Sadly, people are like dumb animals who'll take everything at face value.

edit on 10-7-2012 by g2v12 because: arrangement

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
More propaganda perhaps the precursor to a false flag attack which would underscore the story and get even more strict border security etc.....
I am ready to go to war with these control freaks.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

500,000 Iranian Canadians, eh?

Where the hell did they pull that figure out of? With a total population of 35 million people, that would be 1 in 70 Canadians of direct Iranian decent. Not even close.

Fearmongering at its finest.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The census claims there are 121,000 since 2006.

new topics

top topics

join